Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery ticket worth $1 million

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24881
October 28, 2005
11 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Saw this this morning :

lottery ticket worth $1 million with a stolen credit card and could wind up with nothing if convicted, police said.

Christina Goodenow, 38, of White City in southern Oregon faced numerous theft-related charges, forgery and possession of methamphetamine, said authorities, who searched her home Thursday. The card belonged to a deceased relative, they said.

If convicted of any of the charges, Goodenow will not be able to collect prize money from the winning ticket, said police Lt. Tim George.

Oregon Lottery officials refused to discuss specifics of the case because an investigation is still under way.

"I'll be fascinated to see how this shakes out," Lottery spokesman Chuck Baumann said. "In my 12 years with the Oregon Lottery, this is the first time I've encountered something like this."

Goodenow purchased the winning ticket October 9 using a credit card that had belonged to her mother-in-law, who died more than a year ago, police said.

Goodenow traveled to Oregon Lottery headquarters in Salem on October 12 to accept an installment payment of $33,500. The $1 million grand prize is paid out over 20 years.

Detectives began tracking Goodenow on Wednesday after learning that she had used the credit card to purchase several items, including the ticket.

A search warrant served at her home Thursday turned up some methamphetamine, but little money, George said.

"Our investigation is still trying to determine what happened to the $33,500," George said.

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

That town is about 8 miles from where the Powerball ticket was sold in Jacksonville, OR.

Todd has promised to post this story in the news section later on today.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2005, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

"Our investigation is still trying to determine what happened to the $33,500," George said.

Probably hid the money at 221b Baker Street.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice