Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tax Free Dollar Lotto Is Big Again

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Sparta, NJ
United States
Member #18331
July 9, 2005
1977 Posts
Posted: October 29, 2005, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Euro Millions has hit the $40M mark for Friday, the 4th. Forty Million Dollars and a European vacation, all on the same jet flight. Just need the right combination. Any one planning on waiting until the last minute to buy tickets?

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

anonymous77's avatar - moon
    Seoul
    Korea, South
    Member #21859
    September 16, 2005
    346 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Euro Millions has hit the $40M mark for Friday, the 4th. Forty Million Dollars and a European vacation, all on the same jet flight. Just need the right combination. Any one planning on waiting until the last minute to buy tickets?

Chewie,

Sounds very good to me. I hope that sooner or later you, or any member here, hit a big one in Euro Millions and go on a wonderful vacation to Europe while collecting all the cash.

I usually pay attention to the game when it comes over $40M or so,
    which would be more than sweet for those reasons you nicely put.

Here are 4 lines of my challenging numbers with 4 Lucky Stars
    till this run is over.

<5-numbers>
    2, 19, 34, 42, 49
    3, 11, 18, 19, 50
    1, 14, 28, 31, 42
    4, 11, 35, 42, 50

<Lucky Stars>
    6-7-3-1

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2005, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I totally agree Chewie.  Euro Millions is really one of the best games in the world and is largely unknown to many in the USA.  Anyone who gets scared by the higher ticket prices of Euro Millions really needs to get over that hurdle, because the benefits of winning it are so tremendous.

(People looking to play should click the Euro Millions link on the left side of the page.)

Can you imagine winning Euro Millions?  You get all cash, with no taxes taken out.  You get the money in Britain, so if you deposit it in a foreign bank you can avoid USA taxes.  (You only get taxed on what comes into the USA.)

That's $40 million -- net -- sitting in an account somewhere.  Anyone want to figure out how much the Powerball jackpot would have to be before you get $40 million net (after taxes) in lump-sum cash?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2005, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if depositing it in Bank of America European account will generate a tax or not but bank of America has many overseas locations as do the World Bank Financial corporation.

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if depositing it in Bank of America European account will generate a tax or not but bank of America has many overseas locations as do the World Bank Financial corporation.

Banks are "usually" subject to the state they are registered; just like the people working in the are subject to the laws of the host country. It is how international commerce works. I would seriously doubt that the Israel Bank in NYC would be exempt from NYC, NY State, and US Federal laws. You put money in that bank, and you can consider US taxes a given.

Cheers

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2005, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

One lump sum......it's a beautiful thing.....

I would also add Australia and Canada, on the list of tax-free cash...lump.

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2005, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Remember, if you don't buy a ticket, you're letting me have the advantage.

Cheers

Greenwich, CT
                United States
                Member #4793
                May 24, 2004
                1822 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2005, 9:53 am - IP Logged

EuroMillions is great.  The only downside I see is the once-a-week draw that provides limited history for those of us who like to use such information.  The game has been running since February 2004 and there is a total of 90 drawings.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2005, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I mostly go on a quick pick, change if I don't like the sequence selected mentality. Their QP, modified by my "feels good" selection, gets me what I feel confortable with.

Cheers

anonymous77's avatar - moon
                    Seoul
                    Korea, South
                    Member #21859
                    September 16, 2005
                    346 Posts
                    Posted: October 31, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I admit I also have a taste in selecting numbers similar to that of Chewie. Site QPs partly changed by my feel and knowledge, if any.

While I like MM and PB standing at huge jackpot, I think that Euro Millions with 3 or more rollovers can be compared only to UK Lotto 6/49's occasional rollover draws or its once-in-a-while Superdraws, hopefully with an additional rollover, when overall odds and amount of low-tier prizes are taken into consideration. Even when the price is considered, I believe it has excellent value per dollar paid.

It leads me to make a personal conclusion that Euro Millions at $41M has more value than even Mega Millions at its current $165M annuity, unless one can buy MM ticket(s) locally.

(I assumed that one half of EM winnings is brought back into one's own country, in which case 18% tax rate should be applied-one half of maximum US tax bracket, 35%)

Good luck to anyone that plays Euro Millions for this Friday!

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: October 31, 2005, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Why bring it back into the country? Part of the incentive to bet is that it is tax free - if you keep it out of the country. You can bet, if you win, the US Treasury is going to be searching your account until the end of time - just to nail you, if you bring it back.

I've travelled pretty much all of the world, and one thing is common - m-o-n-e-y. I could be very happy in a multitude of country's, visiting "Didney World" when the urge hits me. Sales tax on a luxury trip wouldn't bother me a bit.  My only problem would be getting an EU Passport, but I image that can be made to happen.

Knowing my 38%+ of multi-millions would go towards Ted "the swimmer" Kennedy's government paycheck would, however, upset me very much.

Cheers

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2005, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Good news: Received email from PTS saying I had won something.

Bad News: Inside the email was a notice that the Euro Millions jackpot rolled to $52M

Good news: I can now try for $52M tax free.

Bad News: I didn't win enough to cover the minimum bet.

Cheers

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                          Magnolia, Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #18795
                          July 20, 2005
                          789 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Damn Chewie, as I see it, something back is better than nothing or a kick a in the teeth!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2005, 7:09 am - IP Logged

You are correct. BTW, PTS is not working again; will not accept credit cards. Been down almost 24-hours. They say they are looking for a new credit card pardner.

Cheers