Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oregon lottery still on (PB)Winner Watch!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NightTrain1234's avatar - 8ball
a Powerball AND MegaMillions state!
United States
Member #24190
October 20, 2005
78 Posts
Posted: October 30, 2005, 12:04 am - IP Logged

http://www.oregonlottery.org/pressRoom/

I thought that Steve West was going to turn in his jackpot winning Powerball ticket by Friday.    Things that make you go hmmmmmmm!

United States
    Member #24439
    October 22, 2005
    638 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2005, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

They better do it tomorrow. I worry about people without a plan. I hope the haven't lost the ticket.

I still think that they gonna be worst than Jack W.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2005, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

the ticket is in his banks safe deposit box.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        NightTrain1234's avatar - 8ball
        a Powerball AND MegaMillions state!
        United States
        Member #24190
        October 20, 2005
        78 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2005, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

the ticket is in his banks safe deposit box.

Allegedly!

United States
          Member #24008
          October 19, 2005
          38 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2005, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't think this West guy was lying. I bet he's just getting advice and getting all his ducks in a row. I don't begrudge the guy anything though I do wish I was the one with all the money planning problems, lol.

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: October 31, 2005, 8:11 am - IP Logged

I don't think this West guy was lying. I bet he's just getting advice and getting all his ducks in a row. I don't begrudge the guy anything though I do wish I was the one with all the money planning problems, lol.

Hehehe - getting his ducks in a row? Hehehehe.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch might be a better phrase.

There is nothing about him to envy, except - MAYBE - the winnings.  This link was posted on another thread by someone else:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1272/is_2666_129/ai_67328798

It validates what has been said here a million times.

Even though you will be very excited and want to tell everyone you know, it is extremely important not to tell anyone (other than possibly your spouse or best friend--someone whom you can thoroughly trust). Especially do not tell anyone from the media, at least not before lottery officials have certified that your ticket was a winning one.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
              Member #24008
              October 19, 2005
              38 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2005, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Hehehe - getting his ducks in a row? Hehehehe.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch might be a better phrase.

There is nothing about him to envy, except - MAYBE - the winnings.  This link was posted on another thread by someone else:

Even though you will be very excited and want to tell everyone you know, it is extremely important not to tell anyone (other than possibly your spouse or best friend--someone whom you can thoroughly trust). Especially do not tell anyone from the media, at least not before lottery officials have certified that your ticket was a winning one.

Thanks so much for the article. I though I'd read all the good lottery related articles on the web, but this is one I haven't seen yet. Very interesting. I don't know why West would talk to the press before validating his ticket. Doesn't seem very safe or smart. At least I know what NOT to do if I'm every so lucky.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2005, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks so much for the article. I though I'd read all the good lottery related articles on the web, but this is one I haven't seen yet. Very interesting. I don't know why West would talk to the press before validating his ticket. Doesn't seem very safe or smart. At least I know what NOT to do if I'm every so lucky.

That is why are here - to learn - and share your experiences.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice