Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery winner cries foul

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #21849
September 15, 2005
8 Posts
Posted: October 30, 2005, 1:05 am - IP Logged

United States
    Member #24503
    October 23, 2005
    159 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2005, 7:40 am - IP Logged

that man is a bastard. and he calls himself a man of god.  well... there are many shady people in the world.... like that woman who stole the $250,000 mcdonald's prize from that mentally disabled charge of hers back in the late 80s, early 90s; or the family that was busted for collecting social security checks for years in the name of a handicapped young boy who was found on the property in a barrel of cement.

and then there's the weird case of the maine couple who purchased one set of tickets for the wife's work lotto pool, and 20 more for themselves..... and then claimed that the winning lottery ticket was among those that she had bought for herself at the same time as those she'd bought for the lotto pool.  i hope the lotto pool won that lawsuit, but seeing accounts after wards, I don't think they did :(

and of course, there's always the fear of store employees telling customers a ticket isn't a winner (thank god for the 'happy music on the machines -- ha!) and then turning around and keeping the winnings for themselves.  shady people everywhere.

all that to say, i hope this false reverend gets nailed to the wall.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2005, 9:46 am - IP Logged

that man is a bastard. and he calls himself a man of god. 

This is probably news to you, but more violence and death has been initiated in the name of God than any other cause. Forgot about the little boys abused by priests - representatives of God? The Crusades not taught in your high school? That little blip, in history, of christians trying to eliminate non-christians; any way possible? Made Hitler look like a "wannabe".   Then there is the chapter after chapter, in the bible, where God did his own slaughtering of humans and animals. Think how cute Babi's great-grandmother looked as she drowned during the great flood.

Any time a group of people preach, day after day about how there is only one thing to trust, and any disbelief results in eternal damnation, the believer is set up for failure. It's been the staple of a con since Eve used sex to talk Adam into the apple. If it didn't work, they wouldn't use it.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2005, 10:35 am - IP Logged

that man is a bastard. and he calls himself a man of god. 

This is probably news to you, but more violence and death has been initiated in the name of God than any other cause. Forgot about the little boys abused by priests - representatives of God? The Crusades not taught in your high school? That little blip, in history, of christians trying to eliminate non-christians; any way possible? Made Hitler look like a "wannabe".   Then there is the chapter after chapter, in the bible, where God did his own slaughtering of humans and animals. Think how cute Babi's great-grandmother looked as she drowned during the great flood.

Any time a group of people preach, day after day about how there is only one thing to trust, and any disbelief results in eternal damnation, the believer is set up for failure. It's been the staple of a con since Eve used sex to talk Adam into the apple. If it didn't work, they wouldn't use it.

I Agree!

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2005, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Picking a winning P3 combo isn't difficult. Knowing where it will fall and on what day is the difficult part!

I Agree!

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #24008
            October 19, 2005
            38 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2005, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

This reminds me of the Extreme Home Makeover lawsuit.  I'm too lazy to look up a link, but the upshot was that this family took in 4 kids from another family and the show built them a million dollar new home.  State of the art everything with something like 6 bedrooms.  Then they threw out the kids from the poor family and kept the nice new mansion.  Not very nice.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2005, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

large amounts of cash always bring out the worst in people... and attract the worst kind of people.

kind of makes me wonder why we all invite that kind of possibility with our ticket purchases...

oh yeah, because that kind of stuff only happens to other people, right? 8^|

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2005, 7:24 am - IP Logged

The mentaly deficient will always be prey, its the name of the game.  Other then those types of isolations, those who "believe" are easily had, those who "question" have an even chance.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice