Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Am I eligible to play from Florida?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MrBobb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #25073
October 31, 2005
5 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, new here.  I haven't seen too many people post up from Florida.  I found this forum today after trying to find where Saturday's Florida Lotto $45M winning ticket was sold. 

I'm interested in Playing MM, online of course.  I see the rules state that:

"Mega Millions can be played in one of the following twelve states, plus online.

Play Online at Prime Ticket Service
      California
      Georgia
      Illinois
      Maryland
      Massachusetts
      Michigan
      New Jersey
      New York
      Ohio
      Texas
      Virginia
      Washington "

So does this include only these states, and that you can play online in these states also, or does it mean that you can play online in any state besides physically in the states listed.  And why doesn't Prime Ticket Service have any phone or e-mail contact.  From what I understand they are a reputable company, I'm just a little skeptic and need some advice/reassurance...Thanks in advance.

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2005, 11:08 am - IP Logged

And why doesn't Prime Ticket Service have any phone or e-mail contact. 

Are you sure you looked deep enough? I've seen threads here where others have talked about responses they have received from PTS. Responses mean a contact vehicle.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23353 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2005, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Too$hort,

Welcome to Lottery Post.  I hope to see you stay a while and participate in some of the interesting lottery discussions here.  Cheers

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2005, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't use online services, but if you do a search you will find that there have been others who do use PTS and seem to be happy with them.

Dance like no one is watching.

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure you looked deep enough? I've seen threads here where others have talked about responses they have received from PTS. Responses mean a contact vehicle.

They do have a contact form. Took about 30 seconds to find it.  Any other research you would like the group to accomplish for you?

Cheers

Alabama
            United States
            Member #17830
            June 27, 2005
            309 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2005, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post!

I placed an order about 10 minutes ago for 5 MM tickets via Prime Ticket Service. I have used the service in the past and have had no trouble at all with their service or with using my credit card. I decided to use PTS after reading Todd's evaluation/recommendation of them in the forum.

As for contact information, go to their Contact page - http://www.betslips.com/contact.asp and you'll see the following:

"Because of the volume of e-mail we receive, we request that you review all of the information listed on the pages referenced above. We will glady respond to any questions, as long as they are not already addressed on our web site. If you have an additional question not addressed on our web site, please use our contact form to send us your question."

Just click on the "Form" link above and you can ask them a question.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
              Member #24765
              October 26, 2005
              11 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2005, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Prime ticket service where is there location? are they in US OR UK? I don't see any telephone number...I rather to talk to live person,then doing thing on the web......did any body ever win with there service?...............I know use another service and they move to uk, afther taking my money for about year, they told me it was against the law to buy ticket on line.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23353 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2005, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

mike T,

I'm no spokesperson for that company, but I'll repeat some of the things that have been said on this topic 10,000 times in the past couple of months:

1. That kind of service CANNOT talk on the phone, because it violates some anti-gambling laws.  Anyone who is doing so may not last too long.
                2. That kind of service cannot send tickets thru the mail, or send any kind of image of the ticket, because both things violate laws.  Any site that does so is bound to be shut down soon.
                3. It's obvious that you spent absolutely no time reading how their service works, because you're still talking about "buying tickets online."  Anyone who talks in terms of "buying tickets online" has not educated themselves as to how they work.  They are a service, not someone who sells you tickets.  Only a licensed lottery agent (a STORE) can sell tickets. 
                4. It also sounds like you have not attempted to ask them questions yourself.  It has been noted by several people here that you need to write to them if their web site does not answer your question.  We are in the same position as you: we see what they write on their web site, and we ask them questions when we want to know something.  Do some homework.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2005, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Prime ticket service where is there location? are they in US OR UK? I don't see any telephone number...I rather to talk to live person,then doing thing on the web......did any body ever win with there service?...............I know use another service and they move to uk, afther taking my money for about year, they told me it was against the law to buy ticket on line.

The professor can set the school on fire and destroy your finals. The kid across the street can find a thousand dollars and give it to you.  There are no guarantees you'll keep breathing until you read the end of the next sentence.  Life doesn't work that way.  If you're looking for an excuse to not use the service, you apparently have one. If you are afraid to take a chance on them, don’t. Jump in and swim or wonder what the water feels like. Its how life works.

Cheers

United States
                    Member #25073
                    October 31, 2005
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2005, 12:58 am - IP Logged

They do have a contact form. Took about 30 seconds to find it.  Any other research you would like the group to accomplish for you?

It's my first post Chewie, stop trying to chewie me a new a$$hole...Crying    Chair

So I am eligable to play online from Florida, right? Cause I either scrolled down too fast or you guys missed that one 

BTW, thanks for the newbie welcomes. Cheers I'm 26 from Tampa Bay, Florida. I usually hang out on www.yzf600r.com (under different name) . I got my first sportbike 8 months ago and lovin' it...so now you know why I started playing the lottery also....I like to take my chances...Most I ever got to hitting it big was 4/6 with FL lotto...but that's average right...

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Since they also sell NY lottery tickets odds are the MM tickets are also from NY although NJ isn't a long drive away - just a pain with the usual traffic.

Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #17830
                        June 27, 2005
                        309 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2005, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Too$hort said:

"So I am eligable to play online from Florida, right?"

Yep! I'm in Alabama and we have no lottery, and I use Prime Ticket Service to play Power Ball and Mega Millions occasionally. Our neighbor states of Georgia and Tennessee have lotteries, with Georgia having MM and Tennessee having PB, but from where I live, it takes over an hour and a half to drive to the either of those state lines. Given the price of gas, it's cheaper to place a ticket order with PTS than to drive to the state line.

"BTW, thanks for the newbie welcomes."

You're welcome!

"I'm 26 from Tampa Bay, Florida"

Hey, did you see what they did to the FLA Lottery web site?! I'm planning to email them later this morning to complain. Perhaps you, as a resident, could fire off an email, too.

Florida Lottery Ruins Their Web Site - http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/122194

"...so now you know why I started playing the lottery also....I like to take my chances...Most I ever got to hitting it big was 4/6 with FL lotto...but that's average right..."

Todd has some great lottery tools here! You might want to consider a Premium Membership. You can check out the benefits and resources available on the Premium Membership page.

Again, welcome!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >>