Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Ruins Their Web Site

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2005, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Protect? Lol! So I guess they don't actually believe themselves that the lottery is truely "random" then. You would think that these stats would actually encourage more to play, thus making them more money, for those who believe they can get the lottery down to a "science."

Random or not random, it does not make any difference at all, it is all the same, you use the past draws to help you with cracking the game.

Random draws are exactly just as good as non random draws, same thing, study them to help you with picking your numbers.

Random means trends and patterns and non random also means trands and patterns, to he or she who knows it makes no difference and absence of trends, means also trends or negative trends if you know what I mean, in the end it is just as good for helping you pick the numbers with.

I myself prefer non trends and non patterns, I can get the winning number more often in this way, because my system is geared more towards this kind of lottery games, but I could just as well change it to use trendy and or patterned games instead, it has patterns also, but a different kind you might say, including the so called negative patterns, which are very good for my kind of regular filtering, non patterned games are more solid, more logical, easier to filter out.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2005, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Your trying to confuse me - right?

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

No, patterns can be used in many ways, even a lack of patterns is a pattern in itself, numbers are like books, they tell you many things about themselves, with their very very many statistics, not so much when you study the stats for just one of them, but when you study many of them, get familiar with the past draws.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2005, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Right. Absolutely! 100% accurate.

Which is why I chose Quick Pick. Fewer asprins.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2005, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Ah I see, so basically just ignore everything like hot, cold, and overdue numbers completely, and just play the opposite of them all! Or in other words,  "QP." No wonder QP's win so often! LOL  Having no system is a system in itself!

United States
            Member #25073
            October 31, 2005
            5 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2005, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Let's get Good Will Hunting in here...

Thinking of...

jeeps1's avatar - disney26

United States
              Member #47
              December 11, 2001
              236 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2005, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I have a new system form steve player for the fantasy 5 and lotto and you need the number to imput as they are drawn and the lottery is not doing that. I wrote them but have not got any response. Linda in florida

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                United States
                Member #416
                June 23, 2002
                1614 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2005, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I would have to say I like the new LOOK.  I didn't see that they got rid of all the information that people are saying that they did.  The old website with the ugly drop down boxes was not professional adequate.  But I agree, it seems to me they should get that info back especially if this many people actually used it.  If you email them or write to them I am sure they will listen if you can prove they are worthwhile to have on the site.

Brad

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2005, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi. This is my first post on this site.  To answer one member - the $45 million ticket was purchased in Miami-Dade county. The information on each game is available almost immediately after the drawing on the Fl Lottery website. Does anyone here think there is an inordinate number of winners from that area? I once addressed this issue and was told it is related to the amount of tickets purchased since the draws are random.  I realize there are a lot of people living in Miami, but all jokes aside, before I checked I thought "I wonder if the winner will be from Miami again?" That said, there are well over a million people living in Miami-Dade county, so maybe it makes sense.

Regarding the new design,  it's much more colorful and just needs a little fine tuning.  Any "serious" lottery players would already have a list of prior picks.  This information is still available. Just go to the site index and click on the link. You will then immediately download the .pdf file assuming you have Adobe Acrobat. I like the new feature where you can check to see if your numbers have ever been picked.  My results were accurate, since I've been playing the same numbers since 1994 and won exactly the dates indicated. The most I've ever gotten is 4 out of 6 and I've never missed a Wed or Sat.  So even if I get 5 numbers, I won't get my money back!  The disheartening thing is if you use this feature, you can see how unlikely it is to win anything at all. I knew all of the odds, but when you plug in 100 sets of random numbers and see that none of them ever won more than $75, you know you're probably burning your money every week. However, all of that aside, it won't stop me from buying my 2 regular tickets and a couple of quick picks tonight, so I guess I'm hooked!

One more thing..the people at the lottery office have always answered me politely and in a timely manner.  I've written a few short emails to them and usually get a response the next day. Be patient. They're only working stiffs like the rest of us.  Peace, Nancy

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

They had some really great info on their old site.  It is a very bad idea to subtract content -- they should only add new stuff, never take away.

I guess that depends upon what their payouts have been.  If they feel they are not making enough "revenue" then they start looking for additional ways to eliminate people winning.

Perhaps just my opinion, but I've always figured with any lottery commission, it's Us Against Them. It isn't as if they want people to win. Let's not forget, each state is usually looking upon themselves as a monopoly.  They don't feel they have much, if any competition. Therefore, they don't try and do their business in a manner that services the customer (player)...they are government/quasi-government, and along with that comes the proverbial "government attitude" ; which basically translates into "gimme what you got and get outta here".

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3102 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2005, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

When the Florida lottery first started, after some time there would be a newspaper article on how no one had won in a certain area or county.  Soon after there would be a jackpot winner there.  Fact or BS, you decide.  BobP

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: November 6, 2005, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Right. Absolutely! 100% accurate.

Which is why I chose Quick Pick. Fewer asprins.

Agree.  Another reason to get a Quick Pick is to be able to stop playing a game or skip a drawing without wondering if your number will come up.  I realize that, considering the odds and only 104 drawings a year, I could play my numbers twice a week for the next 40 years (if I'm still alive) and not win, but when you play the same numbers all the time, it's difficult to consider changing even one of them. At least it's that way for me.