Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Stupid question??

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ayr92766.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayr92766's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
SC
United States
Member #24908
October 28, 2005
62 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2005, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone!  I am fairly new to all this, but loving every minute of it.  I have what is probably a stupid question to ask... for states that have 2 draws daily (ex. SC) is it better to work your number from Midday draw to Midday or from Midday to Evening and vice-versa?  I hope that makes sense to someone!  I've been following as many posts as I can, and learning little by little.  I still have a LOT to learn - most of you are pro's at all this!  I almost always seem to get my number with 1 digit on both pick 3 and pick 4 Confused!  Thanks for any response!  Best of luck to each and every one of you!!!

Angie

jonathan's avatar - decks
    Rainy Maine
    United States
    Member #24633
    October 25, 2005
    14 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2005, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I was going to post a very similar question in the Math forum. I'm wondering what the "pure statisican's" view is about using results together or separate for those states with two daily draws. The system I've been developing for myself lets me look at the results of the day & eve draws together and separately along with some meaningful statistics.

Also, going beyond the state border though, I'd like to hear thoughts about combining the results from multiple states, as I know a few of you track and play in multiple states and "travelling numbers". My gut reaction to the travelling numbers concept is that there is a likely some probability phenomena going on similar to classic "Birthday Problem."

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
      Redford/MI
      United States
      Member #3396
      January 18, 2004
      4867 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2005, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I like to think of all 54 Pick 3 draws as one BIG lottery drawing. 

I track my numbers this way & am having much success with this method. 

I separate this big jumbled mess into 3 categories--midday/evening & combined results.

Depending upon my mood, I may decide that I want only consectutive digits that day or only the longest combinations out or maybe even the most freq combinations (what others call travelling numbers)

This has been working well for me & I have been doing it faithfully since August of this year. 

SC
        United States
        Member #24908
        October 28, 2005
        62 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2005, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply jonathan and lottaloot!!!

MollyG's avatar - happy
          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
          United States
          Member #9019
          November 25, 2004
          523 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2005, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi there.

I only play Texas, so here is my opinion on the Texas drawings.  The state considers it 1 game, not two separately.  The state uses the same balls and the same machines for the drawings.  Also, when receiving a results print-out from the retailer it has the drawings numbered consecutively...not day and night separately.  Example:  todays drawings are Noon #4867 and tonight #4868.  That would appear they consider them 1 game. Tomorrow will be #4869 and #4870.  See note below **

Therefore, your best bet is to check out the state you want to play and see how they handle the game(s).  Could be that some do it the same way Texas does, and others may not. I don't know, because I only play Texas.

This has been discussed in the past and lots of people here like to keep them separate.  I guess it boils down to:  anywhichaway, as long as you can get a hit.

Best of luck to you.

**Pick 3 started 10-25-1993.  Had only 1 draw per day, until mid day started on 4-29-2002.  On 4-27-2002 the night draw was #2664.  If they were kept separately, then the drawing today would show the night draw 2664 ahead of the noon draw, but it doesn't.

SC
            United States
            Member #24908
            October 28, 2005
            62 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2005, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Molly - makes sense to me!!!  Like you said.... it boils down to:  anywhichaway, as long as you can get a hit!!!!!

Best of luck to you all!

Angie