Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery's New Website

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2005, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Check it out at fllottery.com

They finally updated it and it is a lot nicer now.  They have amount of winners in most of the games instead of just prize amounts.  Their old site was kind of lacking.

Brad

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2005, 9:32 am - IP Logged

I think some people may disagree with you on that:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/122194

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2005, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I think some people may disagree with you on that:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/122194

I'm one of them. They have totally ruined a good thing. It was nice to see a list of numbers in a flash. I don't know what they were thinking. The site has a cartoonish look to it.

There are other sites that give a short list atleast. I'm gonna start using them instead.

jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
        Member #17354
        June 17, 2005
        102 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2005, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I have emailed my dissatisfaction with the 'new and unenhanced site'.  Please keep the emails and phone complaints going.

(850) 487-7787

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2005, 10:59 am - IP Logged

pacattack05 said:

"It was nice to see a list of numbers in a flash. "

I agree. I did like the old format better. And I liked being able to see the machine/ball set information.

"There are other sites that give a short list atleast. I'm gonna start using them instead."

We already have those resources right here at Lottery Post.   Premium Members already have access to a "short list" (past 10 draws) and a complete list of all draws for all of the Florida lottery games (and other states, too) on the Results page.

On the Florida (FL) Lottery Results page, clicking on the Game Information link for Fantasy 5 (or any other game) shows the results of the past 10 draws.

And if you want a list of the all the past draws, click on any game's Past Drawing Results link. For example, the Florida Fantasy 5's Past Drawing Results.

I did find the DOWNLOADS page on Florida's new site and they have added a few new interesting pdf files. Two examples are the 2005 Fantasy 5 Payouts and the 2005 Mega Money Payouts. They have the payout information from 2004 as well. These documents contain a wealth of information and are nicely done.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Thanx Mr. Bobb. I totally forgot about the great resource already here.

They never show the ballsets for the pick-3. Atleast I don't remember, but I can only say that I would win much more often if they did show them on a daily basis. If I'm correct, they used to show them and stopped for some reason. I think they rotated the tubes every three days, and told you what position they were in.

I think New York used to show them, back in the early 90's, when I lived in Queens.

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2005, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Lottery USA lists a year of Draw history for every State Lottery game  so that will compensate for one of the changes FL made on it's website, personally I kind of like the "New Look" very colorful along with the new format for displaying the previous nights numbers.The number of winners plus the amount of the pay-outs is  a pretty good addition as well, if anyone has noticed they kind of copied GA Lottery website there changes were done awhile back.The color scheme is different but the layout/formats are quite similiar so they didn't have to look far for ideas on the new website design.

Alabama
                United States
                Member #17830
                June 27, 2005
                309 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2005, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

pacattack05 said:

"Thanx Mr. Bobb. I totally forgot about the great resource already here."

You're welcome!  Thanks to Todd, we do have access to some great resources here on Lottery Post.   Thumbs Up

I'd be lost without this place! 

"They never show the ballsets for the pick-3..."

Since I'm not a Florida resident, I can't say.  I usually get down there 2 or 3 times per year, sometimes more often.  The Florida Lottery is my favorite, especially the Fantasy 5 and Mega Money games.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Lottery USA lists a year of Draw history for every State Lottery game  so that will compensate for one of the changes FL made on it's website, personally I kind of like the "New Look" very colorful along with the new format for displaying the previous nights numbers.The number of winners plus the amount of the pay-outs is  a pretty good addition as well, if anyone has noticed they kind of copied GA Lottery website there changes were done awhile back.The color scheme is different but the layout/formats are quite similiar so they didn't have to look far for ideas on the new website design.

Yuck!  To each their own, I suppose.  I find that site almost unreadable.  They're the only ones I know who actually lists the year as '05 and jackpots like "110 Thousand".  Weird.  What if you want to see back farther than a year, or if you want to run a search?  You're SOL.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2005, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

The new look is kinda clean looking.  Less confusion.  If I could play FLL, I would be more concerned.  As it is, I can only go there, then wish life was fair. It's like my eigth-grade sweetheart. She is out there, some where, just not available to me.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

felinelover's avatar - nw elf4.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #2118
                      August 19, 2003
                      39 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2005, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I hate it. Not only do I hate the look of it, I always pick my numbers by looking at past winners and when I clicked on my bookmarked download of past winning numbers that used to be on the site it was no longer there. "File null" or something. They got rid of it. I don't give a flip about how many winners there were, I only care if I am a winner.

felinelover's avatar - nw elf4.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #2118
                        August 19, 2003
                        39 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2005, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I am wrong, just went back to the site and clicked on site index, and the winning number downloads are there.

Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #17830
                          June 27, 2005
                          309 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2005, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

LotteryUSA.com lists a year of Draw history for every State Lottery game  so that will compensate for one of the changes FL made on it's website, personally I kind of like the "New Look" very colorful along with the new format for displaying the previous nights numbers.The number of winners plus the amount of the pay-outs is  a pretty good addition as well, if anyone has noticed they kind of copied GA Lottery website there changes were done awhile back.The color scheme is different but the layout/formats are quite similiar so they didn't have to look far for ideas on the new website design.

Yuck!  To each their own, I suppose.  I find that site almost unreadable.  They're the only ones I know who actually lists the year as '05 and jackpots like "110 Thousand".  Weird.  What if you want to see back farther than a year, or if you want to run a search?  You're SOL.

It's great that we have a nicely formatted and easy to navigate Results page and can easily Search Drawings right here on Lottery Post!  Why bother with other web sites when the best lottery resources are right here?

Thanks for all you do, Todd!

United States
                            Member #1759
                            June 29, 2003
                            1156 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2005, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

It's good too have "CHOICES" that's what life is all about!!!!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3106 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2005, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Many of the sites that provide draw results and lottery software programs that provide draw histories rely on the state lottery web sites for their information.  When lottery web sites stop providing complete information like draw order and machine ballset information, you'll soon find the same information vanishing off the other sources as well.  BobP