Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OR Lose for Life/PA Unlucky for Life

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which game is worse?

OR Lose for Life [ 2 ]  [28.57%]
PA Unlucky for Life [ 5 ]  [71.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 7 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2005, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Neither game has a cash option. The OR game has perhaps 15 plays for $2, while the PA game is a straight $2 lotto game with an "Instant Lose" gimmick.

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2005, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

By definition, there wouldn't be a cash option; otherwise it would be called, Lucky for a Day.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
      Member #119
      February 19, 2002
      527 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Come on Cash, what's the matter?  $3,000. a month for life minus taxes isn't ample enough?

You want a cash option?  Play the MegaRip or the PowerRip.  Play the game you want instead of dwelling on the one that isn't up to your liking. 

Yes, I'd like more money too, but all things considered, the Lucky for Life game, for all its flaws, sure beats the jackpot games out there whose odds suck the dollars out of zillions of people every week.

But hey, maybe someone in Harrisburg is convinced of what you say and will engineer a change.  Until then, I'll keep looking forward to winning this game...eventually! :-)

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Come on Cash, what's the matter?  $3,000. a month for life minus taxes isn't ample enough?

You want a cash option?  Play the MegaRip or the PowerRip.  Play the game you want instead of dwelling on the one that isn't up to your liking. 

Yes, I'd like more money too, but all things considered, the Lucky for Life game, for all its flaws, sure beats the jackpot games out there whose odds suck the dollars out of zillions of people every week.

But hey, maybe someone in Harrisburg is convinced of what you say and will engineer a change.  Until then, I'll keep looking forward to winning this game...eventually! :-)

Greg:

The amount of the top prize is not my beef. It's the LACK OF A CASH OPTION!!

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Cash - you need to find another hobby. The lack of a cash option is predominant in the lottery business.  The bottom line is the bottom line.  If you won a cash option, it would be half of an annuity option, and you'd still be peeing on your boots.

Cheers

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Cash - you need to find another hobby. The lack of a cash option is predominant in the lottery business.  The bottom line is the bottom line.  If you won a cash option, it would be half of an annuity option, and you'd still be peeing on your boots.

chew:

Online lottery games with annuity prizes almost always now have a cash option. Many scratch games exist (especially in MA and NY) with a top prize of $1 million (or x-per week etc) that are annuity-only.

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

So what!

The dog is dead, been dead, ain't gonna react to the beating. Find a new dog and beat on it.

Cheers

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

chew:

And now KY is considering replacing Lotto South (don't know what GA or VA are doing) with a "lose for life" game. Maybe KY is at least thinking of offering a cash option.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Cash - read previous. Same dead dog. Rolling it over doesn't bring it back to life.

Cheers

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                    Member #12618
                    March 18, 2005
                    2060 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I think both games are fine. It's not like they are hiding how the prize is dealt out to the winners. The people who play know that it is an annuity type deal. Again, if the way the game is set up bugs you...play a game that offers cash. It really isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

belly:

Wouldn't both games be BETTER if a cash option were available? Senior citizens might then want to play them.

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Cash - same answer.  No.  If it was not a popular game it was have been removed.  They don't keep games that loose money, and unpopular games loose money.  Fact of life.  No spin.  Just logic.

Cheers

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                          Member #12618
                          March 18, 2005
                          2060 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Actually no it wouldn't Cash. The game was created to be an annuity type game. If they wanted it to be cash they wouldn't have called it lucky for life. And if senior citizens have a problem with excepting the way the game is, then they too don't have to play. There are many different types of lotto games to choose from. Simple as that. No one is being deceived.

Dance like no one is watching.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2005, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Besides if they changed LFL, Cash would not have any posts! As stated by me and others, there are many other games out there. Stick with what you like, forget the others.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2005, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Besides if they changed LFL, Cash would not have any posts! As stated by me and others, there are many other games out there. Stick with what you like, forget the others.

Even if Unlucky for Life got a cash option, there's still OR Lose for Life, the likely beginning of a "lose for life" game in KY, MA's annuity only Mega$.uck$, and numerous annuity-only scratch games.