Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TX Lottery Employee Fired After.....

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2005, 10:31 am - IP Logged

A Texas Lottery employee was fired after send email out to other government officials about bad things still going on at the Texas Lottery. 

I thought they were supposed to start to fix their repuation with the people.  Firing someone after they try to come out and say they are not doing the things they are supposed to looks bad.  Even if he was right or wrong....it looks like they are trying to cover up something.  I my opinion they need some major changes at that lottery.

Brad

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Corruption, once discovered tends to be spread among multitudes of people.   Getting rid of one or two sacrificial lambs does not solve the problem. Enron is a prime example, only five people took down the whole corporation.  That would be like saying "Scotter" Libbey acting in a silo, and associated with no one.  Or Hilliary didn't really fire any one in the White House.  Remember when you used to believe that mommie could kiss the boo-boo and make the pain go away?  Same principle, except, now your supposed to know better.  It is all on how the publicist words the press release. 

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2005, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the only way to fix those problems is to fire all of those who are in charge there, or better, fire everybody period, get a whole brand new lottery crew.

If that does not fix the problems then nothing will.

Maybe something is rotten in Rotterdam or Austin,Tx as it might be.

Not to mention the Gtech connection, those lottery companies like Gtech and others, are also prety much rotten, they are usually the source of the problems and then the rotteness spreads from them to everywhere.

These things are due to greed and also to very corrupted people to start with.

Those greedy and corrupted people are everywhere.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4054 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2005, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Corruption, once discovered tends to be spread among multitudes of people.   Getting rid of one or two sacrificial lambs does not solve the problem. Enron is a prime example, only five people took down the whole corporation.  That would be like saying "Scotter" Libbey acting in a silo, and associated with no one.  Or Hilliary didn't really fire any one in the White House.  Remember when you used to believe that mommie could kiss the boo-boo and make the pain go away?  Same principle, except, now your supposed to know better.  It is all on how the publicist words the press release. 

NaughtyIt's the nature of the beast. 

They are called Homo Sapian.

takeemtothebank

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2005, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Although it is the nature of the beast, integrity is one of the traits that is supposed to separate the sheep from the Shepard. They should treat it like Mad Cow disease and eliminate every one involved - not literally, but in principle. A resume does not make a leader, neither does an election.

Cheers

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

To fire a whistle blower is bad news for them in the long run, unless they have plenty of valid & documented reasons for the firing! The Government doesn't favor any company firing a whistler blower without a valid reason other than just to fire a snitch! The Texas lottery could be facing something worse than a bad public image if that person does decide to challenge their firing in a court of law with the government acting as their lawyer! Remember, once they file the wrongful firing with the labor dept and it's explained they were fired for being a whistler blower, the government jumps in and acts as their lawyer against the company or person(s) who did the firing of the said whistler blower! The government has very deep pockets and the Texas lottery doesn't, and if they are found to have did the firing wrongfully, the Texas lottery dept. heads will roll and will pay some very hefty fines for the wrongful firing of said whistler blower! And don't forget the government will reward the whistler blower for trying to alert the proper people of the still on going problems their at the Texas lottery!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:43 am - IP Logged

i wish something like this would happen in indiana.they've suffered long enough with all the computerized nonsense....

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5145 Posts
                Posted: November 6, 2005, 1:59 am - IP Logged

A Texas Lottery employee was fired after send email out to other government officials about bad things still going on at the Texas Lottery. 

I thought they were supposed to start to fix their repuation with the people.  Firing someone after they try to come out and say they are not doing the things they are supposed to looks bad.  Even if he was right or wrong....it looks like they are trying to cover up something.  I my opinion they need some major changes at that lottery.

Brad

Bradly_60000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you know anything about this employee..........how long thereeeee,

what was their title.........HOW UP ON THE TOTUM pole they.....WERE??

Thanks for all posters...... LESTS do some  GRUNT work on this type of

reporting...................thats what psykomo...........NEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PEOPPLE...................Sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............PSYKOMO is KRAZZY!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: November 6, 2005, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Brad

Bradly_60000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you know anything about this employee..........how long thereeeee,

what was their title.........HOW UP ON THE TOTUM pole they.....WERE??

Thanks for all posters...... LESTS do some  GRUNT work on this type of

reporting...................thats what psykomo...........NEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PEOPPLE...................Sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............PSYKOMO is KRAZZY!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

That you are.

(insert signature here)

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

The Government doesn't favor any company firing a whistler blower without a valid reason other than just to fire a snitch!

I'm going to step in dangerous grounds, because I am not sure about the facts. Having said that, diving right in feet first!

Last Sunday, or the Sunday before last, 60-Minutes did a deal on firings. Some big wig is hung up on no smoking, to the point he fires people if he catches them smoking during off hours. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the story, I was waiting for Cold Case to come on after it. Anyway, the 60-minutes guy spent a lot of time emphasizing the fact that an employeer can fire some one for no reason whatsoever; there is no state that has a law that prevents it. (Exceptions, of cousre are federally mandated stuff.)

I also heard, that the Whistler Blower law only applies to Federal jobs, unless the states create their own laws.

Might be worth looking into, if you're so inclined.

Cheers