Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

High Hopes!!

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2005, 1:24 am - IP Logged

This is for the Pick-3.  Is there anyone out there who can make a program that uses the same seed every time when prompted, and to generate 200,000 random draws, and list what numbers come out after a particular set?

In other words, the winning number in Florida last night was 815. I want to look back and see what numbers came out after 815, from that list of 200,000 random numbers generated.

I asked a friend of mine to do it, but he was just too busy. I even offered a monetary incentive, yet nothing but reasons why he coudn't finish it. I understood, with family and the such. But I'm not giving up. I know there's someone out there who can do this.

The reason for this request is that Steve Player's Master Cash Red List is similair. His 14 numbers to play for the next day are derived from studying the entire country's numbers, since their inception. A pattern oriented response of numbers.

Is anyone interested? I'm willing to pay what you think is a resonable price.

Thanx Lottery World.......

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2005, 5:56 am - IP Logged

if you use the same seed everytime (for example, RANDOMIZE(815) rather than the more common RANDOMIZE(TIMER)  ), the 200,000 numbers will never change... if that's what you want, then you can fix your RNG list position by an initial call to RND(-1) before the loop.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2005, 7:12 am - IP Logged

If you plan to use the same seed every time you run the RNG, the output will be the same so just keep a copy of one of its outputs for review rather than rerunning it.  If the outputs are in a text file than you can use notepad, wordpad or some other text editor to find where 815 is in the list.

If you want to test the RNG with different seeds then you will have to change the routine that enters a seed from the computer automatically to one that allow you to enter one from the key board.

There was a simple 10 lines RNG written in Basic in a post a couple of months ago so if you have an old basic interpreter on your machine it would probably do the job you want.  It won't be fast but if you only want 200,000 numbers, it should do that in less than 10 minutes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2005, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Thanx Rjoh. I have no writing skills, or lingo skills whatsoever, so that's why I'm asking someone to just do it with one seed, and just get it over with.

As far as copy it, instead of rerunnung it, well it would take me 17 days to look for what comes after 815, within 200,000 draws, if I had to do this with my two eyes. I want the program to do that for me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2005, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

A text editor like WordPad or Notepad which come free with Windows can search a 200,000 words text document in seconds and will high light and stop each time it finds the string of characters you're looking for. I use WordPad all the time when I'm updating my old basic programs to find a strings of characters or code that I want to change and some of those programs have over 200 lines of code.

If you're going to contract someone to write the program for you, give some thought to all the features you might want in the future before hiring them. Your friends may be willing to rewrite the program as their time permits, but some one you contract will consider a rewrite a different job.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

stoopendaal's avatar - archer

Netherlands
            Member #3476
            January 24, 2004
            212 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2005, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Hi pacattack05,

Why do you want to use the same seed every time?

I can write a program that creates millions (or 200,000 Smile) of pick3 numbers and count the numbers come out after a certain number like 815 (or whatever number you want). In the end the program can

show you the top 10,15, etc. numbers came after the number you entered. 

See Ya!

Harm 

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2005, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi pacattack05,

Why do you want to use the same seed every time?

I can write a program that creates millions (or 200,000 Smile) of pick3 numbers and count the numbers come out after a certain number like 815 (or whatever number you want). In the end the program can

show you the top 10,15, etc. numbers came after the number you entered. 

See Ya!

Harm 

WoW....That's exactly what I'm looking for. The reason I want the same seed is because I don't want to chase my tail. I guess it really wouldn't matter considering chaos is chaos, but I feel that one seed would be a good start, and then consider changing seeds later on.

If you can do that, I would definitely compensate you, whether it works or not. Thanx.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2005, 12:06 am - IP Logged

A text editor like WordPad or Notepad which come free with Windows can search a 200,000 words text document in seconds and will high light and stop each time it finds the string of characters you're looking for. I use WordPad all the time when I'm updating my old basic programs to find a strings of characters or code that I want to change and some of those programs have over 200 lines of code.

If you're going to contract someone to write the program for you, give some thought to all the features you might want in the future before hiring them. Your friends may be willing to rewrite the program as their time permits, but some one you contract will consider a rewrite a different job.

Thanx for the tip. I never thought of added features down the line costing extra. Good call!

Thanx to everyone who responded to this thread.......

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2005, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Pac

Why not 2 small programs...1 to generate the random numbers, not limited to just 1 random seed. Then save that list of random numbers to a data file.

2nd one to read the data file generated and give you the results you want?

That way you can create a list and read that list as often as you want. Then when you tire of that one, generate a new one. etc;

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2005, 3:37 am - IP Logged

Athough this is limited to 10,000 maybe it is of interest to someone here.

http://random.org/nform.html

Australia
                      Member #19065
                      July 25, 2005
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2005, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

you could try" Expert Lotto" program. It's still in it's trial stages, but they have an excellent & very fast response forum for asking these sort of questions. You download the program (free to try) & after you join you can place comments, suggestions on the forum. The guys running it are very helpful & intelligent types who can nearly always come up with an answer. You may have to adapt it (ask them how) for pick 3 though. Hope this helps.

jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
                        Member #17354
                        June 17, 2005
                        102 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged
                        10/5/1991

10/4/1991

10/3/1991

6/9/1994

6/8/1994

6/7/1994

7/22/1996

7/21/1996

7/20/1996

6/14/1997

6/13/1997

6/12/1997

9/25/2000

9/24/2000

9/23/2000

9/23/2005

9/22/2005

9/21/2005

11/8/2005

11/7/2005

11/6/2005

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2005, 3:17 am - IP Logged

I just got home from work, and saw everyone's comments. Thanx to all who replied.

I see jordi.... that 548 has me seeing two numbers. The 4 and the 8.

It came out as 475 for the next night, for the winning number. So close to the 548, just by one number....

Again thanx everyone....

P.S. I was thinking about reducing the work even further by writing a program that just concentrated on the last two digits, instead of all three.

Since I can easily cover the first position, we can eliminate 900 possibilities, and only worry about 00-99....the last two digits. If I can see two numbers, as in the example of the 4 and the 8 above, heck....I can manipulate those numbers to win $500 often.

So....10x10x10=1000............10x10=100...........much better odds....HMMMMMM!

Lets say that the program shows an unusual amount of 4 and 8 in the output. Say 20 times as either 4,8 and 8,4.

Here's how it would look:

Sure I would have lost $30.00, if I played the above, hoping I would win on 475. Instead I got 485. I'm not discouraged because I think it's a first step that can be ....of course....played on paper first and tested.

I think that if I keep one seed only, without trying to update something like chaos, by changing the seed all the time, then it somehow taints the original seed that in terms of literature......" First choice mostly wins ".

Think about it.....When chaos happens, no entity hits a new seed button, and changes the dynamic in the universe. That layout of the plan was set eons ago. Those balls respond to the original layout of the  physics in our universe. . Only very extremely slight changes , occur, over a long long time. Not to be noticable. So even though changes of the original seed of time and space are slowly changing, they won't qualify as prompting a new seed.

God hit the first prompt button. Then just watched the only perpetual machine. The only one that He created, that does wear out, it just takes much much longer than a man made perpetual machine, or an attempt of, I should say.... Boy we can go on with entropy as an example. The Law of Entropy........

For now.... if it's possible to stick with one seed. Thanx...To the Peeps.....(people).

P.S.S. Don't believe everything I say, most of the time it just sounds good! Or Not....