Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tenn lottery

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MrBobb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What's next?

Add more draws to Lotto 5. [ 8 ]  [57.14%]
Add an Instate Lotto Game. [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Join Lotto South. [ 4 ]  [28.57%]
KENO. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other. (Please explain) [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Total Valid Votes [ 14 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to say more draws to Lotto 5. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2005, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

i agree,adding more days to lotto 5 seems to be the next step they should take.

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2005, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

My vote is for Tennessee Lotto to have 7 days a week to have Lotto 5. It's just that they have PB already for Wednesday and Saturday, so I don't think they join their lotto 6 and Lotto South.

cahaba's avatar - moon
        Birmingham
        United States
        Member #18850
        July 21, 2005
        82 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2005, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

more draws

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2005, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I voted "Add more draws to Lotto 5." Not that it will do me any good - it's still too far to drive to the state line to play every day.

TN Lotto 5, in it's current format, has some pretty nice jackpots on many occasions. I wonder if it will ruin the game if they go to 5 or 7 draws. Would more draws result in more, but smaller jackpots?

Although I play it once in a while in GA, I think TN should avoid Lotto South and opt for their own in-state Lotto - A 6/46 matrix game drawn every Saturday.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2005, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to say more draws to Lotto 5. 

I Agree!

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
              Yinzer Country, PA
              United States
              Member #4067
              March 18, 2004
              2741 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2005, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

This is TN's big mistake. They joined Powerball too soon. They shold have started an in-state big jackpot game before joining Powerball. Now since players are going to be too dependant on Powerball, there's no point in having one. Their best bet is to increase the number of draws for Lotto 5. I think that after that would happen, the jackpot would get hit more often, but only because there would be more drawings. Eventually players would not play too much until the jackpot gets huge.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

konane's avatar - wallace
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3351 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2005, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Add more ballsets to Pick 3 and 4 games.

Add to the matrix of Fantasy 5, increase the ballsets pool, then go to 7 draws per week ........then add a mid day drawing for Fantasy 5.

Following what she did in GA, she will add anything that will bring in money to the lottery via ratchetting up jackpots through matrix increases leaving bread and butter players spending more money with nothing but a fist full of air in return.   

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1265
                  March 13, 2003
                  3351 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I voted "Add more draws to Lotto 5." Not that it will do me any good - it's still too far to drive to the state line to play every day.

TN Lotto 5, in it's current format, has some pretty nice jackpots on many occasions. I wonder if it will ruin the game if they go to 5 or 7 draws. Would more draws result in more, but smaller jackpots?

Although I play it once in a while in GA, I think TN should avoid Lotto South and opt for their own in-state Lotto - A 6/46 matrix game drawn every Saturday.

Although I play it once in a while in GA, I think TN should avoid Lotto South and opt for their own in-state Lotto - A 6/46 matrix game drawn every Saturday."

Would you please write the Georgia Lottery and express that? 

Also anyone else who liked playing Lotto Georgia please do the same because they can't read your minds .  Yes Nod

Ms. DeFrancisco has responded well to input regarding giving something back to players by changing Fantasy 5 payouts to parimutuel and with sending out buy one get one free in the Georgia Lottery Player's Club.  She's done outstanding damage control and I believe will continue to implement improvements. 

I believe she listens to what players want so it is a matter of emailing the Georgia Lottery and expressing your views.

http://www.galottery.com/stc/aboutus/contactus.jsp?focus=aboutus

Good luck to everyone!

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

This is TN's big mistake. They joined Powerball too soon. They shold have started an in-state big jackpot game before joining Powerball. Now since players are going to be too dependant on Powerball, there's no point in having one. Their best bet is to increase the number of draws for Lotto 5. I think that after that would happen, the jackpot would get hit more often, but only because there would be more drawings. Eventually players would not play too much until the jackpot gets huge.

Lotto South needs TN, as it's about to fall apart otherwise. TN does not have enough of a population for an instate classic lotto game.

Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #17830
                      June 27, 2005
                      309 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

konane said:

"Would you please write the Georgia Lottery and express that?"

Hi konane,

I have some time off over the Christmas holidays, so I will send them a nice email requesting that they consider reinstating Lotto Georgia.

I really did like that game, and was doing a bit better than break even when they dropped it. The GA Lottery took in a fair chunk of change from me back in those days. Now, I play mostly Fantasy 5 and rarely Lotto South. I can't even remember the last time I won cash playing Lotto South.

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3351 Posts
                        Posted: December 9, 2005, 10:25 am - IP Logged

konane said:

"Would you please write the Georgia Lottery and express that?"

Hi konane,

I have some time off over the Christmas holidays, so I will send them a nice email requesting that they consider reinstating Lotto Georgia.

I really did like that game, and was doing a bit better than break even when they dropped it. The GA Lottery took in a fair chunk of change from me back in those days. Now, I play mostly Fantasy 5 and rarely Lotto South. I can't even remember the last time I won cash playing Lotto South.

Thank you very much for doing that!!  Big Grin Santa

Your liking the game was one reason I responded to you in another thread that you were my hero. 

Hey, anyone is my hero who liked Lotto Georgia and would express an opinion about wanting it back.

Yeah, I like Lotto South soooooooo much that I spend only about 10% of what I spent on Lotto Georgia ... and told them so.  Bang Head  Also do not spend the other 90% in higher matrix games liked was hoped when they changed them.

Lower odds win more often .... people spend more money because winning is fun.  Wonder when lottery actuarials will ever grasp that one rock solid truth??????????

Oh and if Alabama ever gets a sensible pick 6 lotto game I'll send money to a good friend who lives there and spend it where it will have the most impact.  In my book half of something is better than supporting a game that gives back all of nothing.

Good luck to everyone!

Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #17830
                          June 27, 2005
                          309 Posts
                          Posted: December 9, 2005, 11:01 am - IP Logged

konane said:

"Thank you very much for doing that!!"

You're welcome! I'll let you know when I send it.

"Your liking the game was one reason I responded to you in another thread that you were my hero."

Oops! Did I ever reply to your post?! I don't remember it - sorry! Sometimes I forget to check back after I've posted something in a thread, so I may have missed it.   Thanks for the kind words, though!

"Yeah, I like Lotto South soooooooo much that I spend only about 10% of what I spent on Lotto Georgia... Also do not spend the other 90% in higher matrix games liked was hoped when they changed them."

Same here! Although I will play a little Lotto South tomorrow, it's less than 10% of what I used to spend on Lotto GA.   I'll spend more money on Fanatasy 5, but it's still a lot less than what I used to spend on Lotto GA.

"Lower odds win more often .... people spend more money because winning is fun. Wonder when lottery actuarials will ever grasp that one rock solid truth?"

Sadly, too many lottery players only care about mega jackpots and don't consider the lower odds games (except for pick 3 & 4). That doesn't seem to be the case in TN though, because even with having Power Ball, their Fanatsy 5 game is very hot and the jackpot has been well over $100,000 on many occasions. I play a little Power Ball and Mega Millions, but only a few dollars and not all that often, because the odds are too high.

"Oh and if Alabama ever gets a sensible pick 6 lotto game..."

I wouldn't hold my breath. We have a number of powerful anti-lottery groups in this state, so I doubt we'll have a lottery any time soon.