Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jackpot Winner Anonymity poll...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

should winners be allowed to stay anonymous?

Yes [ 38 ]  [52.05%]
No [ 5 ]  [6.85%]
It should be the winner's choice [ 29 ]  [39.73%]
I paid 99 cents a minute to have no opinion [ 1 ]  [1.37%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/121479

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2005, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/121479

When you add a link, press the enter key.  It activates the link.  Without the enter key, it is just a line of text.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2005, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm just an average guy like most lottery players as is most people.  I've been playing the lotteries for a long time and I've read many stories about people who've won a big jackpot and seen some of them on TV and never had any desire to associate with any of them.  If I don't associate with them before they win a lottery jackpot, I have no reason to associate with them afterward and I would expect others to feel the same if I was a lottery winner.  Having your picture taken holding the jackpot check is just part of the ritual of collecting your money when you win a large sum.

Actually, with a $310/$182M jackpot, I would gladly buy drinks for the LP Premium Group (and above).  Then say good bye forever.

Cheers

United States
        Member #25881
        November 12, 2005
        62 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2005, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2005, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Would I pay 99 cents per minute to remain anonymous? I'd have to think about it.

Australia
            Member #17096
            June 11, 2005
            225 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2005, 2:45 am - IP Logged

In the UK, winners can remain anonymous if they wish and most do. People who volunteer for publicity usually regret it afterwards. The media investigates every aspect of the lives, who wants everything about them on the front of tabloids, especially in the UK? I have always like the idea of fortune - as in financial security, but the fame thing has never appealed to me.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
              Member #15309
              May 13, 2005
              307 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2005, 7:42 am - IP Logged

Yes, I would like to be anonymous from friends and relatives and bad principalities out to get you somehow...  I'm that paranoid.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2005, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Yes, I would like to be anonymous from friends and relatives and bad principalities out to get you somehow...  I'm that paranoid.

I Agree!

Yes, you never know who is lurking around the corner waiting to pounce! But I don't think it's possible to hide your new lifestyle from family, although I manage to keep my life very private. I wouldn't feel right not sharing and how do you say "here's $10,000 for your birthday, Sis!" without building curiosity.

Australia
                  Member #17096
                  June 11, 2005
                  225 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2005, 3:00 am - IP Logged
                  I don't buy the nonsense that lotteries must publish the identity of winners, to ensure the integrity of the lottery. The UK lottery, which has a reputation of being one of the best run lotteries in the world, doesn't publish the identity of winners without their permission and their integrity in beyond question.

Australia
                    Member #17096
                    June 11, 2005
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2005, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Many years ago before the right to anonimity was available in New South Wales, the then largest lottery prize available in N.S.W. was won by an average family guy.

His name and address as well as the fact he had a ten year old son was published. Two weeks later his son was kidnapped, murdered and his body dumped under a rock ledge on waste land. Kidnapper caught fleeing the country and died of a heart attack about 12-15 years later.

So I say YES, YES, YES! To the question.

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2005, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Many years ago before the right to anonimity was available in New South Wales, the then largest lottery prize available in N.S.W. was won by an average family guy.

His name and address as well as the fact he had a ten year old son was published. Two weeks later his son was kidnapped, murdered and his body dumped under a rock ledge on waste land. Kidnapper caught fleeing the country and died of a heart attack about 12-15 years later.

So I say YES, YES, YES! To the question.

Oppressive gun control gives people false security; not every one willingly plays by the rules, thus, protect yourself and your loved ones.  He should have spent some of that money on personal security.  At least until the spotlight found another target to shine on. 

Cheers

Australia
                        Member #17096
                        June 11, 2005
                        225 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2005, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I would prefer if the public did not know my worth, rather than having to worrying about hoping I can shoot first. The problems with guns is the people who get shot or killed are family members, by accident or drunken rage.

Some people are more in danger from their own guns, the criminals can take it off you and use it against you. I am not totally against guns, if people live in rural areas, or are in a gun club, and know how to use and store their guns, fair enough. But, people in urban areas who don't use their gun, will be out of practice and won't react fast enough.

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Agree gold rush.......They can't even pick the right numbers.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Agree gold rush.......They can't even pick the right numbers.

I've been playin and practicing The right Numbers.......LOL

That's a pretty sad statement, which needs attention!!  Now that's a minor key thing going on there. Here we go again with my roomae. This really is bad cause my roomate thinks he's hot pbreak his little bubble!!!

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

No washer....No washer....doesen't matter. My life is in such turmoil. sO MUCH TO LEARN...MY ROOMATE IS GIVIN ,ME A HARD TIME.

i DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE STUPIDITY i CAN HANDLE......