Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 11:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MI-OH Game

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2005, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I believe the states should hook up and get a jackpot game.  I recently submitted a game concept to the Michigan Lottery and this is what it was:

SUPER Fantasy 5

The Michigan Lottery's NEW Jackpot game.

With better odds and all cash jackpots

Match 5 numbers from a pool of 39 and one number from a pool of 25

Tickets are only $2.00

(Buy 5 get two free)

Drawing Nights: Mondays and Thursdays at 7:29pm

Payout: 60% of sales

Prize payout breakdown** (% of sales):

~15% = lower tier prizes, excess goes into reserve

35% goes to fund jackpot

10% goes to fund progessive

White Balls Matched Super Number Match Prize Odds

5                                    Yes                  JACKPOT!!* 14,393,925

5                                    No                  Progressive* 599,747

4                                    Yes                  $2000 84,670

4                                    No                    $75 3528

3                                    Yes                  $75 2566

3                                    No                      $5 107

2                                    Yes                      $7 241

1                                    Yes                      $3 62

0                                    Yes                    $2 52

OVERALL ODDS ARE APPROXIMATLEY 1 in 20

* Match 5 + Super wins the jackpot. Jackpot pays all in cash and starts at $500,000 and increases by at least $50,000 for each drawing.

Match 5 only. Starts at $15,000 and increases every drawing by a certain percentage of sales until won.

I think this would be a perfect game for the two states to come together and get in on.  The jackpots would regularly reach at least $20,000,000.  It is also a game that people would like to play.  I think the progessive thing would be a neat addition also.

Brad

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2005, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Sounds like an OK game. Kind of along the lines of Hot Lotto. I especially like the progressive Match 5 and the Buy 5, Get 2 free feature. But I don't think it should replace Fantasy 5 and/or Rolling Cash 5. It should be a separate game. I also did some calculation, and a single play would have a 62% payout, not 60%. A $10, 7 play ticket would pay out about 69%.

(insert signature here)

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
      United States
      Member #416
      June 23, 2002
      1614 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2005, 12:05 am - IP Logged

No those games would defintely stay.  I thought of changing the name on it but I didn't know what else to call it.  This would be just another jackpot game, not replacing the smaller pick 5 games.

Brad

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2005, 12:11 am - IP Logged

No those games would defintely stay.  I thought of changing the name on it but I didn't know what else to call it.  This would be just another jackpot game, not replacing the smaller pick 5 games.

Brad

Oh, ok. Well I can almost guarantee that they will give you the same excuse they give me, and that's the "We Only Listen To Our Vendors" excuse. It's total BS, I know, god forbid they create a good game. And they should eat this game up, for it establishes the coveted $2 price point on on-line games.

And one other thing, let's hope Ohio draws this game. Because we all know what Michigan will do. 

(insert signature here)

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
          United States
          Member #416
          June 23, 2002
          1614 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I have submitted instant game ideas to the Michigan Lottery before and got the "our committee is the only ones who come up with games" excuse but then in a few months I would see the games that I suggested to them on the shelves so I don't know.  But this time they didn't say anything of the sort.  The said thanks for the game idea.

Brad

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I believe the states should hook up and get a jackpot game.  I recently submitted a game concept to the Michigan Lottery and this is what it was:

SUPER Fantasy 5

The Michigan Lottery's NEW Jackpot game.

With better odds and all cash jackpots

Match 5 numbers from a pool of 39 and one number from a pool of 25

Tickets are only $2.00

(Buy 5 get two free)

Drawing Nights: Mondays and Thursdays at 7:29pm

Payout: 60% of sales

Prize payout breakdown** (% of sales):

~15% = lower tier prizes, excess goes into reserve

35% goes to fund jackpot

10% goes to fund progessive

White Balls Matched Super Number Match Prize Odds

5                                    Yes                  JACKPOT!!* 14,393,925

5                                    No                  Progressive* 599,747

4                                    Yes                  $2000 84,670

4                                    No                    $75 3528

3                                    Yes                  $75 2566

3                                    No                      $5 107

2                                    Yes                      $7 241

1                                    Yes                      $3 62

0                                    Yes                    $2 52

OVERALL ODDS ARE APPROXIMATLEY 1 in 20

* Match 5 + Super wins the jackpot. Jackpot pays all in cash and starts at $500,000 and increases by at least $50,000 for each drawing.

Match 5 only. Starts at $15,000 and increases every drawing by a certain percentage of sales until won.

I think this would be a perfect game for the two states to come together and get in on.  The jackpots would regularly reach at least $20,000,000.  It is also a game that people would like to play.  I think the progessive thing would be a neat addition also.

Brad

Considering the populations of the two states, the jackpot odds should be at least 1:25 million. IMO one of the reasons Lotto South is falling apart is that the jackpot odds are NOT high enough.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
              Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              709 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2005, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

I have suggested games before and they told me that they only listen to the consulting firms they hire.

I don't know why Michigan needs to team up with Ohio.  I have suggested several games that I have called "Michigan Double Jackpot" which would allow a smaller jackpot to be won relativly frequently while the 2nd jackpot would build.

Using the Fantasy 5 concept you would pay the first dollar and it would go toward the regular fantasy 5 payout(5/39) and with a second dollar you could have 19 or more jackpot numbers(5/39, 1/19) and the second dollar would be divided up between the state and only a big jackpot prize.  In other words if you matched 5 of 5 and the jackpot ball you would win a share of both jackpots! (So the Jackpot ball would only matter if you match 5 of 5 first otherwise there would be no affect). If you did not match the Jackpot ball the game would function like Fantasy 5.  The only purpose for the jackpot ball would be for the big jackpot prize.  If you used this concept on KENO you could have jackpot Keno where the first dollar would go toward regular KENO and the second dollar would only go toward a jackpot  etc...etc... it is Megaplier for only the Jackpot and you could piggyback it on lots of games.  They could even have a third dollar for the regular style Megaplier!

But do they ever listen to us?  Sometimes!

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                United States
                Member #416
                June 23, 2002
                1614 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2005, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I think the 1 in 14 million would be enough.  The states both have mega millions and their state lottery games are suffering.  (OH is doing a lot better than MI) On average I bet we wouldn't buy more than a $1,000,000 in tickets collectively each drawing.

Brad

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2005, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I think the 1 in 14 million would be enough.  The states both have mega millions and their state lottery games are suffering.  (OH is doing a lot better than MI) On average I bet we wouldn't buy more than a $1,000,000 in tickets collectively each drawing.

Brad

1 in 14 million is too low for Lotto South. Michigan and Ohio together have at least as many people as Georgia, Kentucky, and Virginia.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19893 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2005, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Brad

If Ohio is doing better than Michigan, what is the advantage of Ohio joining Michigan?  Ohio has no interest in seeing Michigan do better.

I do agree that a game with odds of 1:14M should do well, but that is what Ohio just got rid of with the SLP 6/49 game.  If a 6/49 game can be successful in Canada then it should in the U.S. too. 

Note: If Ohio bring back the SLP with the kinds of pay outs they had for its last game, it would be a success.  I had two match 3's for that game and won $76.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: December 26, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I hope we see a joint MI-OH game in 2006. It would be worth getting up and running.