Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Ice Cold...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ryanm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:11 am - IP Logged

That is what 4 out of 5 numbers were accrding to my chart, and only one was average. (48) I played a combo of hot/cold, all cold, and hot and average/cold average. Even playing a few tickets ALL cold numbers the best I came up with was 1 ball and the powerball this week. I wish I knew for a fact that they were gonna come up all coldm, then I could have played more cold combinations. Course that is the problem with the lottery, you never know for sure what is going to come up...

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

lol  The lottery is supposed to be truly random!!

If your system could correctly predict what numbers would come out, the lottery would cease to exist!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2005, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

That's how it goes...If peoples systems worked all the time then there would always be winners and those people who only play when the jackpot is above 200 million would never play. lol.

Dance like no one is watching.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2005, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't think "cold" is the proper description.  It is working as designed.  They added the extra balls for a reason.  The reason was to keep money out of your pockets.  Ooops. Rephrase that.  They restructured the game to add additional interest, and to achieve higher jackpots.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2005, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Yes but some of my systems are also truly random! "Supposed" to be is the key word, but soem charts seem to state otherwise. Now it is just a matter of them coming out 'randomly' the same. Also I have no problem making the lottery go bankrupt one day...At least after they add 5 more balls I will already have my millions.

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2005, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't think "cold" is the proper description.  It is working as designed.  They added the extra balls for a reason.  The reason was to keep money out of your pockets.  Ooops. Rephrase that.  They restructured the game to add additional interest, and to achieve higher jackpots.

Despite the higher odds, someone recently hit it at only $36 million, so the odds aren't insurmountable.

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2005, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Yea exactly why I have always questioned their 'odds' of winning. Personally I am not a firm believer in them, and you cannot narrow it down to a definite/exact percentage. It can always go either way, and we can only estimate.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2005, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Despite the higher odds, someone recently hit it at only $36 million, so the odds aren't insurmountable.

True, but it still makes it harder to win, although it doesn't really matter because it was hard to win before the extra balls were added.

Dance like no one is watching.

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: November 14, 2005, 12:17 am - IP Logged

They had to add the extra balls to compete with MM, not only at the jackpot level, but also at the second and third place prize levels.