Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto company can control lotto machine

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Lotto company can control lotto machine

Lotto company can control lotto machine [ 5 ]  [62.50%]
Lotto company can control lotto machine [ 3 ]  [37.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 8 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

Canada
Member #22791
October 2, 2005
10 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2005, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I can list what lottery combination has not been bought in less than 5 minutes

using UNIX sort,diff and grep commands by comparing

all 13,983,816 (for 6/49) combinations in a file

with testing files that contains all the virtual lottery sales.

Let the lottery machine to drop out balls that the lottery company wants is easier trick than a little magician.

There is almost one hour gap between sales close and lottery machine start working....

In history there was lots of times that almost three times of tickets more than all the 13,983,816 (for 6/49)

combinations but there was still nobody hit, this something like 99.9999999% possibility has been covered,

how could the machine become so lucky?
I don't believe it, and even more the next time, almost 4 times tickets of 13,983,816 been sold, still nobody win, why?

I don't know, I do know that lottery company has their own powerful IT department.

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
    oklahoma
    United States
    Member #12313
    March 10, 2005
    165 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2005, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

sounds like you might be on to something? computers are for us the people who track the lottery , and balls are for the lottery drawing. The only way it should be!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm...a poll where there is only one choice. What's the point?

Dance like no one is watching.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23274 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2005, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  A poll is pretty meaningless unless there is more than one choice -- it's just silly.

Also, there is no mention of what the word "lotto machine" means -- computerized or ball drawings.  The answer would be completely different, based on which one you're talking about.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

new delhi
          India
          Member #22145
          September 20, 2005
          174 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2005, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Quite pointless!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2005, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Yea with such an obviously biased/one-sided poll, you are basically saying that you only care about your own already solidified opinion. Probably why many have not bothered taking part in the thread, or voted.

Greenwich, CT
              United States
              Member #4793
              May 24, 2004
              1822 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I voted for "Lotto company can control lotto machine."

Looks like our friend meant to say "can't" on one of the choices.

Maybe he can re-post the poll, and specify computerized or mechanical ball machine.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2005, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

>I can list what lottery combination has not been bought in less than 5 minutes

I have the way to win the Lotto jackpot almost every week.  Since no one wins most weeks, if you will come here to Michigan and get the terminal to spit out tickets for all the combinations NOT bought - then I will be holding the winning ticket!

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

At first I used to think that maybe they added a few duplicate balls in the machine, as they could not be seen clearly while the machine is spinning. But then I thought how embarrassing it would be if they drew duplicates. Or maybe they used less balls to narrow it down, because how do we know that there are actually 55 balls in there? They should show them in one big line going into the machine prior to the draw, this would erase some more speculation.

But it would take all the fun out of playing if they did try to fix it. Plus there is not a real good reason to do so, sales will occur regardless of the area played. If anything you would think that they would want areas that HAVE NOT won ever, or at least in a very long time, to win as to promote more sales in them areas as well. Not just the so called "popular ones." Many would simply get discouraged in those 'non winning areas' anyway, and play LESS.

That is not good for the lottery. Also the frequency of the jackpot wins are not consistent with the ball machines being fixed. You would think that if the lottery wanted to actually make more money/promote the lottery, they would keep the roll overs going for a very long time. Unless they are also choosing to get rich by multiple "annuities" as opposed to the one huge "lump sum." So really a lot of things do not make sense as to why they would control the ball machines, or if they even can.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2005, 10:41 am - IP Logged

At first I used to think that maybe they added a few duplicate balls in the machine, as they could not be seen clearly while the machine is spinning. But then I thought how embarrassing it would be if they drew duplicates. Or maybe they used less balls to narrow it down, because how do we know that there are actually 55 balls in there? They should show them in one big line going into the machine prior to the draw, this would erase some more speculation.

But it would take all the fun out of playing if they did try to fix it. Plus there is not a real good reason to do so, sales will occur regardless of the area played. If anything you would think that they would want areas that HAVE NOT won ever, or at least in a very long time, to win as to promote more sales in them areas as well. Not just the so called "popular ones." Many would simply get discouraged in those 'non winning areas' anyway, and play LESS.

That is not good for the lottery. Also the frequency of the jackpot wins are not consistent with the ball machines being fixed. You would think that if the lottery wanted to actually make more money/promote the lottery, they would keep the roll overs going for a very long time. Unless they are also choosing to get rich by multiple "annuities" as opposed to the one huge "lump sum." So really a lot of things do not make sense as to why they would control the ball machines, or if they even can.

I would rather play a game with 55 balls than a certain PA game with 38 numbers.

PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2005, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I would rather play a game with 55 balls than a certain PA game with 38 numbers.

You got your 10 anti-LFL posts in for today...No Pity!

United States
                        Member #119
                        February 19, 2002
                        527 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:52 pm - IP Logged
                        Cash writes,

"I would rather play a game with 55 balls than a certain PA game with 38 numbers."

Cash, dude, are you CRAZY?  LOL

Compute the odds!  I think you're suffering from lottery psychosis: the unshaken belief that it is more likely that playing 55 number will yield millions than playing 38 number will yield thousands a month!

I know of only one cure: suspend all lottery play for 6 months until you recover your right lotto mind!

Oh, one last thing: take three hugs and call me in the morning!  A hug a day keeps the Mega & Power Rips away!

:-)

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2005, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Ok you want a game with 17 more balls, and by far a less chance of winning. Good logic.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #1340
                            April 6, 2003
                            2450 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2005, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Of course they know the combos played, that's actually a big part of validation...

play a ticket, the terminal dials up (if not already online) and transmits the bet info (#'s either player selected or terminal generated... I believe QPs are terminal generated because I got a PB QP, ticket printed then it dialled up because I could hear the modem negotiating). that serial number on the bottom of your ticket EXACTLY matches the entry in their database. Forger tries to alter the ticket so visually it looks legit, but it won't match the database entry when scanned. It always dials up (if not connected, usually they are, but sometimes they go offline and my rare meager $6-$15 PB 0+1 win spurs it to connect) upon checking a winner. but there are thousands of terminals.

All this data would have to be centralized in one big database... look how fast they can display payout info on the PA website 1/2 hour or so after the draw. no way that could happen if tens of thousands of terminals needed to be polled via dialup modems after the draw. The only real delay is validating the ball machines for the state games, otherwise a simple query on their massive DB would produce in seconds the number of winners.

I'm sure PB member states don't wait until after the draw to transmit PB and MM data... if that's not in the DB BEFORE draw time, they open the door for fraud. So they DO have the info at their fingertips... Do they abuse it? I doubt it... the state is the only consistent winner in any lottery, can't imagine them willing to jeapordize that by tampering with ball draw results but I could see it easily done (and undetectable to accounting firms there to validate RNG draws) where computer draws are in place, which is why they all should be banned.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.