Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michigan Club Keno Kicker

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Bradly_60.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2005, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Michigan finally adopted the kicker for its club keno games.

""""""LANSING, Nov. 15, 2005 - Club Keno players can kick up their winnings by as many as 10 times if they select the Kicker option, the Michigan Lottery’s latest prize winning opportunity.

Immediately before each Club Keno drawing, a wheel spin on the Club Keno monitor will select a Kicker number of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10. Players can select the Kicker box on their play slip and pay $1 for each dollar originally wagered. Wins on regular Club Keno drawings will be multiplied by the Kicker number, allowing players the chance to win up to 10 times their original prize amount.

Kicker begins on November 20 in all 2,000 locations selling Club Keno.

“Club Keno has been the Michigan Lottery’s fastest growing game. Players who are looking for a new twist to Club Keno will have the chance to win more money!” said Lottery Commissioner Gary Peters.

Club Keno offers 37 different ways to play and win and with Kicker, up to a $20 million top prize. Players can wager $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10 or $20 per drawing and tickets can be purchased for up to 20 drawings at a time. Players win Club Keno by matching some or all of the numbers they have selected to the numbers drawn. The more numbers matched, the more the player wins.

Started in October of 2003, Club Keno is offered to players at bars and restaurants. Drawings are every five minutes, seven days a week, from 6:05 a.m. to 1:45 a.m. and are broadcast live on closed-circuit television monitors in each Club Keno location.

Michigan is the sixth state to offer a Kicker option to its live Keno drawings.""""""""

I really don't like the 1 idea though.  If they are going to make you pay the extra dollar and you will you should win at least double the prize.

Brad

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
    United States
    Member #416
    June 23, 2002
    1614 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2005, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Can you imaging winning the $20,000,000 prize.  Remember that would all be cash.

Brad

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2005, 3:54 pm - IP Logged
      NY has done the same exact thing for years (AFAIK the top prize is capped at $1 million). NY also has 1x for a multiplier.
        Atlantic Mine, Michigan
        United States
        Member #416
        June 23, 2002
        1614 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Well out of the first days drawings yesterday only 2 had the 10X multiplier on them.  (One really early in the morning and the other late at night)  There was numerous 1's though.  I guess they need to have ones to balance it out but it kinda is bad for the player.

Brad

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
          United States
          Member #416
          June 23, 2002
          1614 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I played club keno for the first time tonight with the kicker.  And guess what the 10x multiplier came up when I was playing but of course I didn't match enough numbers....(i play the 7-spot game because it has one of the best odds and you need three numbers at min to win) and I matched two for the drawing...I ended up winning on the ticket overall though.  The game is more fun with the kicker....especially when you see a 4x 5x or 10x multiplier before the numbers come up.  Anyone else have tried Kicker so far?

Brad