Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you tell your family you won?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by bellyache.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
United States
Member #26084
November 14, 2005
199 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2005, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Or would you? We are talking extended family, mom, dad and siblings. The people you would share part of your winnings with. I fantasize that I would invite them all to dinner at my house. When they arrive I would have a huge buffet of take out food from place like Outback, Red Lobster, Appleby’s and at each place setting would be a new digital camera and a bottle of champagne along with the papers the lawyers drew up. How about you all?

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

United States
    Member #25881
    November 12, 2005
    62 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2005, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure....  I guess I had better start thinking about it, though!  LOL

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
      Magnolia, Delaware
      United States
      Member #18795
      July 20, 2005
      789 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2005, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't do anything of any kind! They would be contacted by an attorney in there city/town with the papers to their Trust Fund! That's it and there will be nothing more to say about it! I will not be available to answer any questions they may have! My 18 year old daughter will always be able to get a hold of me, via satellite phone. My 3 year old son will be with his mother or I at all times, so that's a no brainier! My mother and father have both passed on, so there is nothing I could do for them with the winnings! My half brother and sister are the lucky recipients of their own Trust Fund! And of course when they die the trust funds are to go to my son and daughter! You see, before they receive their trust funds my son and daughter will already be co-trustee's to said trust fund! And said trust fund will have a set payout to my half brother and sister on a monthly basis as not to draw down the trust fund below the starting principal!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2005, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

I only have a daughter to tell, and that would be a phone call.  I have a very close friend, and told her there would be a FedEx delivery with a big brown box.  In it would be hundred dollars bills.  That would be the clue to what happened.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

md
          United States
          Member #14047
          April 20, 2005
          579 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2005, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I would have them all meet me in Orlando, Fla. (It would be about 12, my wifes peeps and mine) I would fly them all there first class; put put them up in a five star hotel. Hold a 2 hour meeting with an envelope in front of them that gives them an appreciation gift, instructions on how they can relate to us in the future, no begging; don't only call when they want something, what happens when their appreciation gift runs out, etc., etc.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2005, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

FedEx delivery with a big brown box. 

I know Fed Ex is reliable, but I am not sure I would trust them THAT much. Not that it really matters money wise, but I still would not send cash. Although there is a 99% chance the package would arrive safe, not to mention signature confirmation, insurance etc. But I would still not send that much cash via any kind of mail!  But it would be funny knowing just how many workers handled it not realizing what was inside. It is a cool idea, but I would probably personally deliver it and simulate a UPS drop off.

Just to see how my family would react, and if they would tell me that they received a box full of hundred dollar bills. It would also be a good test to see if they would offer to share it, and this test could determine how much more if any they got. I would include a note hidden on the bottom inside that it was from me, and a little note exclaiming: "I told you I would hit the lottery one day soon!" I am liking the idea, but I still do not trust others enough to deliver it.  

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2005, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I would just walk up to my mom and say "I won." =)

Dance like no one is watching.