Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Going to a different town to play....

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Would you go to a different city to play even if your city already has a lottery?

YES [ 11 ]  [57.89%]
NO [ 8 ]  [42.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
484 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2005, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Years ago, I bought a book entitled Infinite Financial Freedom:  What to do before and after you win the lotttery (Robert Sanford).  The book has great advice on what to do before and after you win (if you win).  It said that if you win the jackpot, don't tell anyone and leave town for 90 days after you claim the prize.  But if you go to a different city or even a different state altogether to play once every two months, save up your money, and buy maybe 200 quick picks and if you win  it there, by the time anyone found out, you would be long gone.  After all, whether you play quick pick or your own numbers, 200 quick picks have more chances than 1 quick pick, even if it takes only one ticket to win.   So what are your thoughts on this? 

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2005, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Years ago, I bought a book entitled Infinite Financial Freedom:  What to do before and after you win the lotttery (Robert Sanford).  The book has great advice on what to do before and after you win (if you win).  It said that if you win the jackpot, don't tell anyone and leave town for 90 days after you claim the prize.  But if you go to a different city or even a different state altogether to play once every two months, save up your money, and buy maybe 200 quick picks and if you win  it there, by the time anyone found out, you would be long gone.  After all, whether you play quick pick or your own numbers, 200 quick picks have more chances than 1 quick pick, even if it takes only one ticket to win.   So what are your thoughts on this? 

I Agree!  100%

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

United States
      Member #23787
      October 16, 2005
      68 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

For anonymity buying ticket in another town may not be of much help because one comes into spotlight only when one claims prize and lottery will publish ones name & town. But if one does other way around, it may be better and that is if one wins and then rents an apartment in another town much farther from ones current and changes ones address and then claim the prize. Then name will be corect and town will be new where very few people will know him. But here also may be Lottery official may ask the person about previous address?

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Every one should know my plan.  Claim the money. Get the loan.  Hop on the rent-a-jet and go to the pre-determined rent-a-luxury resort.  Communicate with lawyers and advisors via video satellite.  Show grand daughters they don't need no Santa Claus.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
          Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
          United States
          Member #26084
          November 14, 2005
          199 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes but only if I needed to leave town for more than just lotto. I would use the ten drawing option. This would give me time to get my stuff together before my name is published.

As far as changing address an so forth in Tx I believe they publish the address you lived at the time of purchase. In La too. This keeps folks from La from moving to Tx where we have no state tax.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5121 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  100%

rundown99:

Thanks for this POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,not only go to another

town, but stay in the best hotels an eat the best meals and have...... FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ever get up-tight  about this winning THING......I have always WON

MOST, done the best when I was care free and feeling good about my... ................$ELFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Atlanta
              United States
              Member #15989
              May 24, 2005
              183 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

PSYKOMO ...........you are so cute and one of the funniest posters I have seen......best of luck to you.............Big Grin Santa

United States
                Member #23787
                October 16, 2005
                68 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Yes but only if I needed to leave town for more than just lotto. I would use the ten drawing option. This would give me time to get my stuff together before my name is published.

As far as changing address an so forth in Tx I believe they publish the address you lived at the time of purchase. In La too. This keeps folks from La from moving to Tx where we have no state tax.

Tax will be based on where you bought ticket and not where you live.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2005, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Screw people, no one is running me out of town. Being I already live in a pretty dead, and isolated area, I don't think there would be too much fuss. I am not big fan of traveling, never was. Even worse today with all the terrorism going on. I will win the lottery, and live my lifestyle on MY terms, not everyone else's, or what is perceived as 'universal actions' that should be followed after a jackpot win.

If someone has a problem with my winnings, too bad. But like I said, in my area I highly doubt anyone would even know, and if they did it would die down very quickly. Rest assured though I am well prepared for any adversaries. Hiding, even temporarily, will do no good. If people want to find you they will. It is how prepared you are for those people that matter.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5121 Posts
                    Posted: November 16, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

PSYKOMO ...........you are so cute and one of the funniest posters I have seen......best of luck to you.............Big Grin Santa

Thanks...............Littlemanjen:

CALIFORNIA.......here........come........THANKssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to all of OUR FRIEND'ssssssssssssssWE.....WINNNNNNNNN...........somee

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Know what I MEAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You Know what WEEEEEENEEDDDDDD!!

LOT's of LUCK to ALLLLLLLLLLLL

PSYKOMO 

PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: November 16, 2005, 5:19 am - IP Logged

I was actually thinking about getting that book awhile back, but reviews were scarce, and still are. Is the book overall worth the price?

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2005, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Also if everyone keeps traveling to the 'popular towns' to play, you are not exactly improving your town's odds of winning. So of course the more popular towns are going to win more then, and your town will remain obsolete.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2005, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I live in a community called Mahopac (MAY-o-pac, "not" muh-HO-pac). But I don't buy all my NY tickets there.