Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Chat Room

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sassy1girl1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Lottery Chat Room more then one day a week?

yes [ 14 ]  [30.43%]
no [ 11 ]  [23.91%]
maybe [ 3 ]  [6.52%]
sunday is good enough [ 10 ]  [21.74%]
not sure [ 1 ]  [2.17%]
never knew there was one [ 7 ]  [15.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  
powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
Member #17834
June 28, 2005
2083 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2005, 2:40 am - IP Logged

I have a question for everyone. I noticed there is a chat room option for Sunday only. Well I work 3rd shift and Sunday I usually sleep all day and always forget about this. So I want to know do you use the chat room on Sunday and if you do would you want it to be available more then one day? I like to post but, sometimes I want to get a answer and see the person online and then you have to post wait post wait. I would love to have a chat room to discuss lottery stuff more then one day a week.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
    Redford/MI
    United States
    Member #3396
    January 18, 2004
    4867 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2005, 6:11 am - IP Logged

In the times that I have visited, there have not been much talk of anything significant going on; so I feel that once a week is enough. 

L ttaL   T

VA
      United States
      Member #18455
      July 12, 2005
      34 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2005, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Being that it's only available once a week, I'm sure people forget or can't fit it into their schedules.  And, if I have a question it's usually going to get answered before the chat session.  With all the traffic that Lottery Post gets, I'm surprised that we have such a limited chat schedule.  Has it always been this way?  I say we should give it a try and see how many people take advantage of it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Being that it's only available once a week, I'm sure people forget or can't fit it into their schedules.  And, if I have a question it's usually going to get answered before the chat session.  With all the traffic that Lottery Post gets, I'm surprised that we have such a limited chat schedule.  Has it always been this way?  I say we should give it a try and see how many people take advantage of it.

Do you see that out of the 13 people was responded yes/no/maybe, only 4 said yes? (30%)  That lack of interest is why it is only Sunday.  Why bother opening a chat room when only a handful of people ever use it?  The chat room itself is somewhat of an experiment.  When I started it, I set it up as Sundays only, to see what kind of interest there would be, because some people had previously expressed interest. 

I still haven't seen the kind of demand that would prompt me to expand it to more days/hours.  Sure, there will always be cases where some people can't make it because of a strange work schedule or something, but most people are able to be there Sunday night (which is why I picked that night).

I'm not "anti-chat room" -- I actually think the chat software is very good, and works very nicely.  I just don't want to spend a lot of time working on something that generates little interest.  If more people were interested, then I would gladly shift my priorities and spend more time working on it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31546 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

In the times that I have visited, there have not been much talk of anything significant going on; so I feel that once a week is enough. 

I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

cash3lady*'s avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Hinesville, GA
            United States
            Member #21215
            September 4, 2005
            52 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

an i do agree with lottaloot !!

United States
              Member #17834
              June 28, 2005
              2083 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Thank you everyone for posting your responce so far.

Todd since I'm still new to LP I didn't know that this was tried already.

My main reason for asking is to join people togeather with problems or help with shareing idea's with one another. I'm still new to LP and thought it would be nice to have maybe a 2 to 3 day a week chat. Like every other day or something??? I wasn't sure if a lot of people would show interest since everyone works different hours but, I gave it a shot. The other reason is that there is so many threads and questions thought maybe this would be easier.

I know there is a lot of people on in the middle of the night when I'm working. Anyone up for a night chat? LOL

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                Redford/MI
                United States
                Member #3396
                January 18, 2004
                4867 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I'll chat with ya Big Smile (via pm) 

I like the concept of a chat room, but whenever I have tried to chat, it's was basically just a handful of people in the chat room lurking.  Not much chatting.  And you know me, I'm a chatter box.  Big Smile

L ttaL   T

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2005, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Thank you everyone for posting your responce so far.

Todd since I'm still new to LP I didn't know that this was tried already.

My main reason for asking is to join people togeather with problems or help with shareing idea's with one another. I'm still new to LP and thought it would be nice to have maybe a 2 to 3 day a week chat. Like every other day or something??? I wasn't sure if a lot of people would show interest since everyone works different hours but, I gave it a shot. The other reason is that there is so many threads and questions thought maybe this would be easier.

I know there is a lot of people on in the middle of the night when I'm working. Anyone up for a night chat? LOL

Powerplayer

Anyone up for a chat at late night??????

Go for it........I don't sleep till about 4 or 5 in the morn........LOL

United States
                    Member #17834
                    June 28, 2005
                    2083 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged

pacattack05

Anyone up for a chat at late night??????

Go for it........I don't sleep till about 4 or 5 in the morn........LOL

Maybe a poll on how many people are up in the wee hours of the morning on LP like pacattack05 here and myself???

Good luck to everyone!!!

sassy1girl1's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                      Birmingham, MI
                      United States
                      Member #19067
                      July 25, 2005
                      1 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2005, 1:29 am - IP Logged

It would be good to have, it for more than one day a week.

I usually work that day so I miss it all the time.  My suggestion is to have it on Friday's too.Yes Nod