Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Draw history, does it matter?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JAP69.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2005, 6:05 am - IP Logged

http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/beyondpicks.html

Interesting article. Although I disagree slightly that past draw histories are not relevant to future draws. At least not from my own data, and experience. Although it certainly could be all luck, but if that were the case I would think I would have won A LOT more than I have won. But what else can players really go by? There are undeniable consistencies that have been proven to occur, but it is tough to prove that a system can accurately predict any numbers.

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Of course!

It shows bias from the theoretical outcomes just based on the matrix!

United States
      Member #24439
      October 22, 2005
      638 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2005, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

That I think is the most important question to all who pick their number. We are used to hot and cold but when PB draws alot of cold numbers nobody says it is wrong.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8394 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2005, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

That article is open for different opinions. Draw history is important to those seeking a system that might produce the winning numbers based on it. Hot, cold and lukewarm numbers. Since the new mega game started. There is enough history to see where the numbers are going what's hot and what's not. based on hot cold and lukewarm a person can get enough of the mix to wheel a set of numbers that might win.

According to the article you could also write the numbers down on a blackboard and close your eyes throw darts at the board write those numbers down play them or throw enough darts to wheel a set of numbers.

You could also write all the numbers down on lil pcs of paper throw them in a hat and draw a set of numbers or enough numbers to put in a wheel. Any of these things might work.

I however think using history will get you closer to winning than the above mentioned ideas.

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2005, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

The draw history does matter to me in terms of writing up my document on California Lottery history [6 numbers]. I hope to see WB 6 and Mega 6 occur in CA SLP.

United States
            Member #119
            February 19, 2002
            527 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

The smaller the number field, the more important the drawing history.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2005, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Since articles are always comparing the odds of winning a lottery game to being hit by lightning, then I suppose being hit by lightning twice in the same spot could be used for comparison when discussing hitting the same set of numbers twice. If I'm correct, there have never been 2 drawings for the FL Lotto with the same numbers since the game began. I downloaded all of the numbers and this seems to be the case.  Of course, since I live in the lightning capital of the world, we have a much better chance of being struck than winning most lottery games.  Although there are only 104 drawings a year and there are millions of combinations, it won't make a big difference, but what are the chances a group of numbers (6/53 game) will come up a second time? Has this ever happened in another state?

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                Member #5599
                July 13, 2004
                1192 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2005, 8:53 am - IP Logged

There isn't a more important piece of information other than WHEN. The WHEN should be the #1 priority and focus of any lottery system. Straight numerical analysis isn't going to cut it. Look athe recent posts on Pick 3 games. The 2 out of 3 and 3 out of 3 systems require an investment basically greater than the payoff. Numerically, the Lottery Official know they have you beat, and their right. If you want to reduce the amount of numerical combinations, you need to know WHEN numbers are going to come up

If your going to wheel successfully, you need to know WHEN numbers are going to come up. If your going to win the Challenges here, you need to know When numbers are going to come up. Only analyzing history in a variety of way can give you a somewhat reliable way of WHEN a number is apt to come up.

Yes, History, The most important thing you can work with in analyzing and predicting numbers.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

United States
                  Member #24503
                  October 23, 2005
                  159 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2005, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Since articles are always comparing the odds of winning a lottery game to being hit by lightning, then I suppose being hit by lightning twice in the same spot could be used for comparison when discussing hitting the same set of numbers twice. If I'm correct, there have never been 2 drawings for the FL Lotto with the same numbers since the game began. I downloaded all of the numbers and this seems to be the case.  Of course, since I live in the lightning capital of the world, we have a much better chance of being struck than winning most lottery games.  Although there are only 104 drawings a year and there are millions of combinations, it won't make a big difference, but what are the chances a group of numbers (6/53 game) will come up a second time? Has this ever happened in another state?

interesting.  so one should not only look at cold and warm numbers, but discard numbers that have come up together? works for me.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2005, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Though not a guarantee... past behavior is the best indicator of future performance.

given pre and post test draws, I wonder just how important "when" really is? I have always thought any prediction system would need some temporal component to be accurate. the "when" is really the only thing you know for certain about the next draw before it happens...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4054 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2005, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

DisneyABSOLUTELY!

takeemtothebank

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2005, 4:38 am - IP Logged

I've been looking at all of the picks for FL Lotto for the past 10 years. It is very rare for 6 numbers to be chosen where no numbers drawn are above 30 or below 10.  I play the same numbers all the time along with some QPs and one set ends in 28. The other is almost identical. This is probably not a good choice!As most people did many years ago, I started out with family birthdays, but then the games changed, numbers increased, etc.  It is so hard for me to forget them and start all over no matter how unlikely the combinations will ever hit, because I've been playing them for over 10 years.

Since this is a game of chance it is possible picking numbers like 1-3-5-9-17-26 will win but I don't see more than 2 or 3 picks a year (out of 104 draws) that follow such a pattern. If you split the 53 numbers with 1-26 on one side (low) and 27-53 (high) on the other, most patterns have 2 or 3 numbers from each side.  The lottery once wrote me years ago that 1-2-3-4-5-6 has just as much chance of hitting as any other combination. Now I disagree. Even those unusual numbers from Tues Mega Millions game won in CA were 2-4-5  (lower) and 40-48 (higher) So, although there was a huge gap, there were still 3 numbers below 27 and 2 above. It would take some time to figure out the percent (getting dizzy) but I'm guessing 75% or better of the prior winning numbers shown on the .pdf file I downloaded do follow a similar pattern. 

I am new to this board and far from being a mathematician, but the posts here have intrigued me to begin my own analysis although my latest revelation might be old news to you guys!

Idea

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2005, 5:15 am - IP Logged

True that 1,2,3,4,5,6 has just as much of an equal chance to be drawn. But as quoted from an article I found on the net:

"There is a big difference between an event being possible in
                          every drawing and how often an event is likely to occur.

It's just common sense, the more there are of a thing in a pot
                          the more likely you will pull one out in a draw.

Some will say there is exactly one type of each combination,
                          only we're not talking about combinations right now, we're
                          talking about having the numbers that make up the winning
                          combination being among a group of numbers we're playing.

Say you have a pot with 500 white marbles and 10 blue and you
                          give the thing a good shake.  Without looking try drawing a
                          blue marble, what color would you expect to find in your hand?

Obviously anything could have happened, but reality is more
                          often than not a white marble will be drawn.  If you didn't
                          put the drawn marbles back, white marbles would be drawn 500
                          times and blue 10 times.  If you did put the marble back after
                          each draw it is highly unlikely you'd draw a blue marble at
                          any time.

Now let's change things around.  Instead of 500 white marbles
                          and 10 blue, we'll try 255 white and 255 blue, now how many
                          white and blue marbles would you expect to have in your hand
                          after six draws?  After 24 draws?  The odds now favor half and
                          half every time."

by Robert Perkis / Lotto-Logix.com

Also check out the article about 1,2,3,4,5,6

http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/opportunity.html

PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2005, 6:15 am - IP Logged

I guess sometimes "favorite numbers/birthdays" do get the job done. Take this powerball drawing for example:

2, 5, 6, 9, 10  [26]

Two consecutives, and all numbers of 10 or under. Now that would have destroyed most systems no doubt. Yet some very happy couple selected all those numbers on their own, via birthday numbers.

Milton and Ethel Schroeder February 22, 2003

Missouri

A St. Louis couple has claimed half of a $42 million Powerball jackpot, Missouri Lottery officials said Friday.

Milton and Ethel Schroeder will share half of the Feb. 22 jackpot with a ticket holder in Louisiana. Each can choose between approximately $21 million, paid in 30 annual installments of about $700,000 before taxes, or a lump-sum payment of $11.3 million before taxes.

Milton Schroeder purchased the winning ticket at Johnny's Market on Gravois Road. He selected the winning numbers using family birthdays. The winning numbers were: 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and the Powerball was 26.

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2005, 6:22 am - IP Logged

BUt then again..."When Parnell got to the Blue Flash food mart Tuesday, March 25, he bought a $5 ticket at 8:33 a.m. "I picked three sets of numbers and let the computer generate two Easy Picks," he said. He cracked a partial smile and used his hands to punctuate saying that, last Wednesday, "one of the Easy Picks came home."

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/winners/2003/032603wv.shtm

So either way can work.