Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

End of Tri-State Megabucks April 2006?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2005, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

www.nhlottery.org

No specific replacement game(s) were mentioned.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

According to the NH Lottery, rules for MUSL Rolldown and Annuity4Life are still on the books. As if these games will make a comeback one day.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2005, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

I saw that,  but where does it say anything about Tri-State Megabucks?  Please cpy and paste that information.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2005, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I saw that, but where does it say anything about Tri-State Megabucks? Please cpy and paste that information.

Well, Tri-State Megabucks isn't going anywhere. There are just a lot of changes proposed. One of which involves lessening the role of the bonus ball to simply deciding the 5+Bonus category (which they call the "Arizona" concept, after the AZ's The Pick). Another involves the Lotto Silver format, which is offered by Lottery Dynamics, info on it can be found here. They are also thinking of a 6/44 matrix, a new price point system (1 for $1, 3 for $2, and 8 for $5), and an instant win feature. I'd really like to see the finished product on this thing. It's gonna be cool, I just know it.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2005, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

From what I've been reading, TSM will be _replaced_. It served its purpose; ME and VT should have joined New Hampshire in selling Hot Lotto, rather than looking into a bigger TSM.

Lotto Kentucky started out with the exact $1, $2, and $5 options. I don't really think the "instant win" idea is a good one. Leave it for scratch tickets.

United States
            Member #9579
            December 12, 2004
            2121 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2005, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

i hope it goes out into cyber space,and triple play too,that worthless game,tri states just takes,takes ,takes;i suggest going to more lucrative states,ny,mass.,etc!

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
              Yinzer Country, PA
              United States
              Member #4067
              March 18, 2004
              2741 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2005, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

ME, NH, and VT had a good idea back in the 80s and 90s, but now that good idea just turned into a really bad one.  If one state doesn't agree, then a motion won't pass. I think that the only reason that VT and ME go in with NH on the tri-state games is because VT and ME do not have the funds available to run their own lotteries.  Seriously, the drawings for the tri-state games are held in NH.  NH joined Powerball from the start (Don't give me this "ME was in Lotto America" crap! They pulled out and that was a stupid move!), and about 10 or so years later, VT and ME joined, and if it's still around, 5 bucks says that Hot Lotto wil be next to go to ME's and VT's lineups.  They need NH to stay afloat.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2005, 9:48 am - IP Logged

ME, NH, and VT had a good idea back in the 80s and 90s, but now that good idea just turned into a really bad one.  If one state doesn't agree, then a motion won't pass. I think that the only reason that VT and ME go in with NH on the tri-state games is because VT and ME do not have the funds available to run their own lotteries.  Seriously, the drawings for the tri-state games are held in NH.  NH joined Powerball from the start (Don't give me this "ME was in Lotto America" crap! They pulled out and that was a stupid move!), and about 10 or so years later, VT and ME joined, and if it's still around, 5 bucks says that Hot Lotto wil be next to go to ME's and VT's lineups.  They need NH to stay afloat.

Powerball began in 1992. New Hampshire joined MUSL in 1995.

ME and VT have never offered Hot Lotto.