Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Many?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How many reductions/filters do you use?

1 to 5 [ 8 ]  [53.33%]
6 to 10 [ 3 ]  [20.00%]
11 to 15 [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
16 to 20 [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
21 or more [ 2 ]  [13.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:53 am - IP Logged

When selecting your lottery numbers, how many reduction/filtering methods do you use to select your numbers?
   I'm of the opinion that less is better. The more filters you use, the more that can go wrong in your prediction. The flipside is, the more filters/reduction methods you use, the fewer combinations you have to deal with.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:41 am - IP Logged

It varies alot for me. For some lines I use zero, others 1-5, and others 6-20 or more. But of course this requires many plays, and can get quite costly. The gamble really pays off usually when you guessed right, but just ONE number coming up that you had filtered out can make ALL your tickets useless. That is one major downside. But when you guess right, you have lowered the odds drastically. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I dont use any..

I basically go by vtracs.

This allows me to cover every angle.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
        Redford/MI
        United States
        Member #3396
        January 18, 2004
        4867 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't use any either. 

Maybe that's my problem. 

L ttaL   T

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1184 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2005, 10:48 am - IP Logged

An example of when your not using some sort of reduction system is when your using a random pick generator from all possible combinations. There is no system of preference of one number over another.

For pick 3, if you eliminate all triples, you've used a reduction system.

tntea-vtracks is a reduction method. Your using a method that show preference of one number over another.

I'm not so interested in what reduction system your using. But, I am interested in how many reduction methods your using to finally arrive at your final pick(s).

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." Bertrand Russell

Thanks JKING..... I like that very much.  It's really easy after that isn't it ?

My first filter each day is ....  Double or Not?   My second is  Play or Not? 

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge." Bertrand Russell

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2005, 3:57 am - IP Logged

As few as possible to just get the combos down to a number that can be afforded and that will also produce a profit, overfiltering has before many times eliminated the winning number.

Also, some filters are more reliable than others, but mostly they depend upon or on the criterion by which and how they are used.

I am hardly finished with filters, if anything, I am just beginning with them.

I put 6 to 10 filters, but sometimes have used fewer and more.

I don't think that I have ever used more than 20 at one time, but I don't remember, I do have very many filters, but try to never use way too many at the same time or together, some I can't use at all, because of lack of filter software for them and or statistics for them (for their use).

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."