Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OH Lot O'Play v PA Unlucky for Life

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which game is worse?

OH Lot O'Play [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
PA Unlucky for Life [ 4 ]  [44.44%]
Don't know [ 5 ]  [55.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 9 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
482 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2005, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I looked at the Ohio Lottery website FAQ about Lot O Play

http://www.ohiolottery.com/games/lotoplay/lotolay_qa.html

"We also lowered the odds to win the jackpot by more than half. They were 1 in 14 million in Super Lotto Plus, and are now 1 in 6.3 million with Lot 'O Play. "

But shouldn't it say....

"We also increased the odds to win the jackpot by more than half. They were 1 in 14 million in Super Lotto Plus, and are now 1 in 6.3 million with Lot 'O Play. "  After all 1/6,300,000 is greater than 1/14,000,000.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I looked at the Ohio Lottery website FAQ about Lot O Play

http://www.ohiolottery.com/games/lotoplay/lotolay_qa.html

"We also lowered the odds to win the jackpot by more than half. They were 1 in 14 million in Super Lotto Plus, and are now 1 in 6.3 million with Lot 'O Play. "

But shouldn't it say....

"We also increased the odds to win the jackpot by more than half. They were 1 in 14 million in Super Lotto Plus, and are now 1 in 6.3 million with Lot 'O Play. "  After all 1/6,300,000 is greater than 1/14,000,000.

But on a per-dollar basis, the odds of winning a jackpot are only slightly better, as LoP is a $2 game.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
      Member #567
      August 14, 2002
      482 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2005, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

It's a $2 GAME ?!?!?!?!  Oh my God!!!  Are you for real?  So you're telling me that A Powerball ticket for a larger jackpot is cheaper than Lot O'Play, a game that looks like it's terrible.  I'm from Nebraska so I don't play Ohio lottery games but just reading about this game tells me that Lot O Play is horrendous.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

It's a $2 GAME ?!?!?!?!  Oh my God!!!  Are you for real?  So you're telling me that A Powerball ticket for a larger jackpot is cheaper than Lot O'Play, a game that looks like it's terrible.  I'm from Nebraska so I don't play Ohio lottery games but just reading about this game tells me that Lot O Play is horrendous.

I know that LoP is a bingo-style can-win-only-once-on-a-ticket game, so I would not be p***ed off like so many players appear to have been. The one thing that bothers me about LoP (the game it replaced, Super Lotto Plus, had the same rule) is that the cash option is exactly 50% of the annuity, instead of a floating percentage like MM and PB.