Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 3:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Club Keno Scam!!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Sandy K.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chesterfield, MI
United States
Member #27247
November 28, 2005
1 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2005, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Is there anyone out there that played club keno on Saturday November 26, 2005 or any other days and had a discrepency with the numbers that were drawn? I would like to find out any information that I can because I believe the state pulled a fast one by switching one of the numbers. On November 26, 2005, my husband and I went to dinner and after dinner was done, he decided to play club keno. After he came back to the table with his ticket we waited for the drawing. Draw number 180054 was our first draw and I was watching the numbers and reading them to my husband. He didn't think this was our ticket because he thought he did not get it in in time. I told him it figured because 9 out of 10 numbers would not come up again the rest of the night. We looked at the numbers, twice each and could not believe the numbers we play came up. The only number that did not come up, 66, was not one we usually play. When the next draw started I looked in the corner and noticed it was draw 180055. After realizing the draw before(180054) was ours, I took the ticket to the bartender and had her validate it. She verified the 9 numbers, along with the kicker being 4 and then called her manager. The manager said we were the highest winners at that restaurant/bar. When she validated the ticket though, it never showed an amount or the numbers that were drawn, it just said you have to claim your prize at the nearest lottery retailer. So, on Monday, November 28, 2005 we went to the lottery office first thing in the morning to collect our money. The first lady gave us the paperwork and had us fill it out and she asked what we won. We told her $20,000 and she couldn't believe it and snatched the ticket from us and gave it to another lady who disappeared to the back somewhere for quite a while and when she came back she told us it was only worth $2,000. We both protested and told them they were wrong. They then had a third lady investigate and when she called us back, she had the check for the $2,000. We insisted that there was definitely an error somewhere so she let us look on the computer. I know what the computer said, but I also know what we saw! When we called her on it that the state can alter numbers she played stupid and said , "Oh, we don't do that. We can't. If we did, we would have to close down tomorrow. In the twelve years I've been here, it's only happened once." She completely contradicted herself in one sentence. Then she was adamant that we could take the $2,000 but not sign off on it, and send it on to Lansing, MI to be further investigated. She was so eager and willing to do this...give away money and not have someone sign for it, that it made me wonder how many times this actually happens to people. If anyone has had any similar problems with club keno or any other games, I would like to know and would appreciate your feedback.

new york
    United States
    Member #21780
    September 14, 2005
    118 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2005, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

very intersting story..can you please keep us updated on it. thanks

Al 

Louisville, KY
      United States
      Member #15734
      May 20, 2005
      203 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2005, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Deedee...

Read my comment in your blog... that info should help you..

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
        Clarkston, Michigan
        United States
        Member #76
        January 6, 2002
        8528 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2005, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

deedee, crazy things happen in Michigan.  I and a few others have actually seen them call the numbers out before they come up the tube in the Pick3 & 4 lottery.  There are others on here that have seen the "live' drawing and are aware.  I was hoping someone had a TIVO to record the draws.

When I wrote the Michigan lottery that Mr. Wood called out the number before it was up the tube, they said the Gary Peters, the lottery commissioner looked at the tape of that drawing and it did not occur.  Well I and at least 2 other people on the lottery post saw it happen.

Michigan is so full of BS .....the cheating is just amazing....I don't know how they get away with it but they do.

It wasn't only Mr. Wood.....one of the ladies called out the number before it came up just a few weeks ago...of course, I did not have my vcr on to tape it.......one of these days, I will catch them......and believe me, there will be an investigation.

I believe you, deedee, in what happened.  You should fight for that money.  They make enough off of us poor suckers.

Good luck to you!!

Sandy

Louisville, KY
          United States
          Member #15734
          May 20, 2005
          203 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2005, 1:52 am - IP Logged

I have a TiVo, and I record the 12:30pm episode of Jeopardy! (mid-day draw at end) & Wheel of Fortune (evening draw is at the end (for those non-Michiganders or those not living around Detroit)) every day. I haven't noticed anything like that, but what I do notice is when Darrell Wood does the draws, he seems to want to get it over with ASAP. He opens the slots on the machine in a rapid-fire-like succession for both D3 & 4 so it might seem like he "knows" what is there, when in fact it was too fast for you to see... I don't know, just throwing out an idea.

Beth McLeod is notorious for doing that too... she does it a lot during the mid-day draws when it seems like they are in a hurry to just get out of there... she doesn't do that as much when she does the evening draw. Aggie Usedly is good about taking her time, and she is the best of the 3 IMHO.

Sandy K wrote:

Michigan is so full of BS .....the cheating is just amazing....I don't know how they get away with it but they do.

I Agree!     

You got that right!!!!!!!!

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
            Clarkston, Michigan
            United States
            Member #76
            January 6, 2002
            8528 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2005, 7:23 am - IP Logged

Well, I found someone with a TIVO for the Michigan Draws.  Yippee.........

When it happens again, we will let you know so you can backtrack it.

I want them.......I want them bad.  Like I said, I am not nuts, others have seen it also.  Going to watch it closely from what you said.  Maybe it is just a trick of the eye.  Seems funny that 2 of them are doing it.

I am gonna have to note your name so when we see it, we can get back to you so you can read the TIVO......

When I know I am right, I am relentless.....and I will not give up the quest to expose them.  Actually, if I heard one more person tell me they watched another inpropriety, I was gonna go out and buy a TIVO. I am that set on catching them.

You are right about Aggie; She is the best of the bunch.  I absolutely detest Darryl Wood with that smirky face.  I noticed after I wrote the MSL after he blew it with calling that number, he didn't appear on TV for like 2 weeks.  I think they were training him.  I thought maybe they canned him but of course, that would of verified the fraud.  Now if you noticed, he looks straight ahead........he hasn't slipped up in a few weeks.

Sandy