Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM - End of a Great Streak

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by WorldWide777.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
Member #2673
November 2, 2003
497 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2005, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions just came to the end of a great streak. It had 7 consecutive winning jackpots that were over $100 million. The first 4 were under the old matrix and the last 3 under the new. The winning jackpot values were: 130, 112, 208, 106, 170, 258, 315.

Prior to this streak, the longest streak for both Mega Millions and Powerball of winning jackpots over $100 million was 2.  Mega Millions had 3 streaks and Powerball had 2 streaks.

Good luck,
Jake

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

If you think about it, the only "great" that streak was for was the lottery folks, because they made more money at the expense of the people.  This also means it wasn't very productive, as MM has produced only eight jackpot wins (nine winners actually), which will be a record low if nobody wins before 2006, compared to Powerball's record thirteen jackpot winners.  After all, do you play to win, or to raise the jackpot?

I hope Mega Millions gets a lucky string of winners like Powerball did earlier this year.

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
      Member #2673
      November 2, 2003
      497 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2005, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

ryanm,

In answer to your question "do you play to win, or raise the jackpot", I play to win. That is why I rarely play Mega Millions. I spent less than $10 on Mega Millions for the entire year.

Many players enjoy large jackpots. From that perspective, Mega Millions has brought joy to many people.

Good luck,
      Jake

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: November 30, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Considering the most likely outcome to playing a lottery is loosing it should be "do you play to win, or give your money to someone more lucky than yourself"

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          12008 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2005, 8:51 am - IP Logged

I never bet on streaks!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2005, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

I honestly don't think many people play any lottery game just to play/raise the jackpot! I would think most of the people who play any lottery game plays it to win! I, myself always plays to win, otherwise it's not in my best interest to play!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2005, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't play the jackpots to raise 'em, I play to win 'em. I see no problem with the smaller jackpots, it's still alot of money for me at least. I think many people tend to get hung up on only wanting to win if it is over 100 million and I don't understand that. I would love to win a lower jackpot, even if it was a measly 12 million. But then I guess that is just me.

Dance like no one is watching.

Morrison, IL
                United States
                Member #4657
                May 13, 2004
                1884 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2005, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the starting jackpots for Powerball and Mega Millions are more than the Illinois Lotto game normally sees; it takes the Illinois Lotto jackpot weeks upon weeks of rolls to get to $12 million!!

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: December 2, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I hope that MM starts a new streak of 100 million or more. However, I want to see a new streak where more jackpot winners of 100 million or less starts to happen.

Portland Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #23305
                    October 10, 2005
                    47 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Who believes that GOD is involved in lotteries?  I believe he is very involved and actually is "hand-picking" certain people to win Megamillions and Powerball.  If this is true, it throws out all of the talk about random luck, odds, and statistics.  Imagine, just imagine.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God!  (The Word is Jesus)