Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois Pick 3 game new twist

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dman2005.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #23383
October 11, 2005
485 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2005, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I just read on the the Illinois lottery homepage about a new twist/promotion they are running..good 12/1 thru 12/24..I am not so sure this is a  good thing ...I dunno....shrugs..I thought this was worth sharing..

"When you play Pick 3, watch for the Holiday Green Ball Double Draw! One green ball, two chances to win!

For every Pick 3 drawing from December 1 though December 24, the Illinois Lottery will hold a special Promotional Drawing with white and green balls. If the green ball is selected, the Lottery will hold a second Pick 3 drawing and will pay out on both sets of numbers!

How it Works: Beginning with the December 1 Midday Pick 3 drawing, a Promotional Drawing will be held immediately after the regular Pick 3 Drawing, and will be broadcast on WGN-TV and reported by WBBM Radio (780 AM). Nine white balls and one green ball will be placed in a drawing machine, and one ball will be selected. If the green ball is selected, a second Pick 3 drawing will be held and the Lottery will pay out on both sets of numbers! If a white ball is selected, there is no second Pick 3 drawing; however, the selected white ball will not be included in the next Promotional Drawing. Removal of the white balls will continue until the green ball is selected during a future Promotional Drawing, at which point the process starts over with nine white balls and one green ball.

This promotion applies only to the Pick 3 game (not to Pick 4)."

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2005, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

This is a common promotion. New Jersey did the exact same thing a few months back.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #23383
      October 11, 2005
      485 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2005, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

LOL..well comon or not..it will surely screw up tracking..especially if 2 draws do oocur

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2005, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Would Iowa also be participating, as the borrow IL's numbers?

United States
          Member #23383
          October 11, 2005
          485 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I would assume so....I guess you could check the Iowa website and find that information...I do not play in Iowa, since I play in Illinois..I see no sense in playing in both states so I never keep up with Iowa...same numbers as Illinois..why bother

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
            Redford/MI
            United States
            Member #3396
            January 18, 2004
            4867 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2005, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I thought that Ill & Iowa were the same lottery; just as the 3 Tri-States are considered one lottery as well. 

L ttaL   T

United States
              Member #23383
              October 11, 2005
              485 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2005, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I thought that Ill & Iowa were the same lottery; just as the 3 Tri-States are considered one lottery as well. 

Hi lottaloot,

IL and IA are seperate states..meaning you can play in both..they are not combined...Iowa uses Illinois results...I am not sure why they do that..it's kind a wierd..it's still a mess for tracking..and for mirror states that follow..this extra drawing could throw things way off..

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: December 2, 2005, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

New Hampshire has MUSL Hot Lotto. ME & VT do not.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: December 2, 2005, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I just read on the the Illinois lottery homepage about a new twist/promotion they are running..good 12/1 thru 12/24..I am not so sure this is a  good thing ...I dunno....shrugs..I thought this was worth sharing..

"When you play Pick 3, watch for the Holiday Green Ball Double Draw! One green ball, two chances to win!

For every Pick 3 drawing from December 1 though December 24, the Illinois Lottery will hold a special Promotional Drawing with white and green balls. If the green ball is selected, the Lottery will hold a second Pick 3 drawing and will pay out on both sets of numbers!

How it Works: Beginning with the December 1 Midday Pick 3 drawing, a Promotional Drawing will be held immediately after the regular Pick 3 Drawing, and will be broadcast on WGN-TV and reported by WBBM Radio (780 AM). Nine white balls and one green ball will be placed in a drawing machine, and one ball will be selected. If the green ball is selected, a second Pick 3 drawing will be held and the Lottery will pay out on both sets of numbers! If a white ball is selected, there is no second Pick 3 drawing; however, the selected white ball will not be included in the next Promotional Drawing. Removal of the white balls will continue until the green ball is selected during a future Promotional Drawing, at which point the process starts over with nine white balls and one green ball.

This promotion applies only to the Pick 3 game (not to Pick 4)."

This would most definitely be a problem if the white balls are taken out.. I would not play if it was me unless all the balls are there...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
                    Member #23383
                    October 11, 2005
                    485 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2005, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

They are holding regular pick 3...but following is where this special ball set will be used ...1 ball will be selected..if its green we will have another drawing..same night/midday..if it's white..then that ball is removed and we have no other drawing...