Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

VB34 Combined Draws

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5912 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2005, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Has anyone with VB34 ever combined all the draw files in VB to one file or tried to do this? I would appreciate hearing from anyone. I just started this project and it's a very tedious task.

Carbob

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2005, 11:37 am - IP Logged

What is VB34?  Usually if files are just random or sequential with no special data for the program then they can be combined using a DOS command.  Sometimes they can be revised to make combining them easier, it all depends on the file structures.  Also the program must have the ability to handle the larger files.  Some program load the complete file into its memory and has a limit for the number of records that can be loaded.  If your program for example only looks at the last 50 or 100 records then it has a limit and can only read the last 50 or 100 records so combining the files to make a longer file will not work.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2005, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Carbob,

I believe in order to merge Midday and Evening drawings you would need to do the following:

1.  Open Versabet34

2.  Main menu>File>Merge

3.  The next screen should ask you what files you want to merge.  So for example:  Michigan.  You would first select Michigan Midday then Michigan Evening.  Select OK and then the program will ask you to enter a new file name for the combined drawings.  Example: MI3Comb.  Save.

The program will then say the file was successfully created.  You can now open this new file.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5912 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding RJOH. VB34 is Versabet 34, it has all the states draws in it. I want to combine all the states draws into one file. I'm waiting to hear from them before I do it.

Carbob

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Carbob,

I misunderstood your question.

I tried doing this but iteates a file too big for Versabet34 to run. 

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2005, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't have all of them, not even close... for the moment i have about 60 000 draws into one database.
            For pick3, that is.
            For pick4 i have about 25000.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2005, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

CARROB,

I have a trial version of VB Lottery Manager which has VBCP.EXE.  In its GAMES section it doesn't have a way to combine the games but in its utilities section there's a DOS shell that you can use for DOS commands.  The program VB34 appears to be able to handle any size file because it uses the the virtual memory of the hard drive.  You'll need to refer to your DOS manual for the right form of the commands to view and merge the files, that's what I do every time I want to use DOS commands.  You can use the command TYPE to look at the file structure, some are in an ASCII format which allows you to view them using NotePad. Once the files are combined into one big file, you may be able to sort it by dates using the SORT command so that all the records for the same day are together.  VeraBet is a DOS program running in Windows.  I don't play pick3 games, but I hope this helps.  I was going to use VersaBet data files for the jackpot games but they don't contain the draw dates so I never did any more with it.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                Redford/MI
                United States
                Member #3396
                January 18, 2004
                4867 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2005, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Carbob, what are you looking to accomplish once you have all the draw results into one big file?

L ttaL   T

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5912 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Lottaloot,

If it is possible to combined the individual states file into one file, it would give you one heck of a tracking tool. With the way VB34 is setup, it gives you the ability to track sums, O/E, H/L, and other tools, for allstates combined.

Carbob

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                    Redford/MI
                    United States
                    Member #3396
                    January 18, 2004
                    4867 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2005, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Lottaloot,

If it is possible to combined the individual states file into one file, it would give you one heck of a tracking tool. With the way VB34 is setup, it gives you the ability to track sums, O/E, H/L, and other tools, for allstates combined.

Carbob

Currently, I have all states combined into one spreadsheet--however, I do have it separated by draws. 

Maybe I am missing something.Roll Eyes

Anyways, I wish you luck in your venture. 

L ttaL   T

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2005, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding RJOH. VB34 is Versabet 34, it has all the states draws in it. I want to combine all the states draws into one file. I'm waiting to hear from them before I do it.

Carbob

If you didn't hear from them yet a notice on their website may explain why.

From the VersaBet website:

The tools you will need are 'My Computer' and 'Windows Explorer' (not Internet Explorer). Any person who uses a computer should become very familiar with at least one of these two programs. These are supplied with every version of Windows and knowledge of how to use them is absolutely essential to working effectively with your computer. With these tools it is possible to locate any folder or file on your hard drive and copy, move, rename, or delete them. You can also use them to create new folders on your hard drive. These functions are basic to computer use and you cannot get by without knowing how to perform them.

Note: Please do not contact us for support on proper use of the above tools. All of the information that you need in order to use My Computer or Windows Explorer is found in the Windows help system. Your zip manager program will have its own built-in help as well. If you get stuck, contact the manufacturer of the software. We do not provide support for other manufacturers products nor do we provide instruction on basic computer use.

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2005, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

I use v/b 3/4. With all those draws to combine you could consider creating a new game and just enter past draws manually.
                        For the pick 3 game just decide how many past draws to enter to start.
                        With 220 box combos that would be a starting point for past draws. Go back as far as you wish. Your decision.
                        You are a premium member you can pull the draw history of a combo in search drawings for where it hit previously as far back as you wish. 

MAGA

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                          United States
                          Member #4924
                          June 3, 2004
                          5912 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2005, 7:27 am - IP Logged

I spoke with a person from JPM and was advised that my plan to combine all draws into one file, wouldn't work. he told me "the program has a built in shut off point at 30,000 +- lines. Thanks to all who responed.

Carbob

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2005, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

30,000+- lines could include one year of drawings for 80+- pick3 drawings, that's a lot.

Evil Looking