Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Key numbers filters for Deflate feature

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CalifDude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
Redford/MI
United States
Member #3396
January 18, 2004
4867 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Would it be too much trouble to have the deflater filter out unwanted digits? 

Currently, I check only the key digits that I want to show; however, there are still numbers included that I did not have checked off & was trying to filter out.

L ttaL   T

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2005, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Would it be too much trouble to have the deflater filter out unwanted digits? 

Currently, I check only the key digits that I want to show; however, there are still numbers included that I did not have checked off & was trying to filter out.

I asked Todd some time back about that.  I'm sure he has it on his "to-do" list.  I like to play key numbers also, but don't want the combos to contain more than one of those key numbers. It would be great and save us a lot of time!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2005, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

So you want the ability to change the Key Number filter to a Key Number Exclude filter?

For example, if you check the number 3, it would eliminate any combo containing a 3, as opposed to the current Key Number filter, which includes any combos with that number checked.

If that's the case, I can either add a checkbox that switches the behavior of the Key Number filter, or I can add a separate row of checkboxes specifcally for a Key Number Exclude filter.  I guess it would depend upon if you would ever use both of them together.

I can't think of any situation where you would use both together, so I would be inclined to just create the checkbox that changes the behavior of the Key Number filter.  What do you think?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2005, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

So you want the ability to change the Key Number filter to a Key Number Exclude filter?

For example, if you check the number 3, it would eliminate any combo containing a 3, as opposed to the current Key Number filter, which includes any combos with that number checked.

If that's the case, I can either add a checkbox that switches the behavior of the Key Number filter, or I can add a separate row of checkboxes specifcally for a Key Number Exclude filter.  I guess it would depend upon if you would ever use both of them together.

I can't think of any situation where you would use both together, so I would be inclined to just create the checkbox that changes the behavior of the Key Number filter.  What do you think?

The exclude would be a neat feature, but what I had in mind was more like an exclusive Include.  In other words, I have noticed with Pick 3 and Pick 4 that many times ONE of the previous draw's digits returns, but ONLY one.  So what I was asking for was something that I could select say 2589 in the Key Number section of Deflate 4 and it would give me all the numbers that are in the input field that contain a 2 OR a 5 OR an 8 OR a 9, but no numbers would contain 2 or more of the numbers I selected.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

The exclude would be a neat feature, but what I had in mind was more like an exclusive Include.  In other words, I have noticed with Pick 3 and Pick 4 that many times ONE of the previous draw's digits returns, but ONLY one.  So what I was asking for was something that I could select say 2589 in the Key Number section of Deflate 4 and it would give me all the numbers that are in the input field that contain a 2 OR a 5 OR an 8 OR a 9, but no numbers would contain 2 or more of the numbers I selected.

OK, I understand what you're looking for, thanks for explaining it in detail.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
            Redford/MI
            United States
            Member #3396
            January 18, 2004
            4867 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I was speaking more to the exclusion of a number like you mentioned above. 

L ttaL   T

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

OK, I think both ideas would be fabulous additions to the Deflate 3/4 tools, and I'll add them both the next time I work on them.

United States
                Member #3489
                January 25, 2004
                14120 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2005, 3:34 am - IP Logged

OK, I think both ideas would be fabulous additions to the Deflate 3/4 tools, and I'll add them both the next time I work on them.

Thank you.