Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

....if you could create your own lottery

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

if you could completely do a makeover on your state and start from scratch what games would you have?   how would they be played? what would the matrices be?   would you have an in state lotto and multistate too? pick 3 once or twice a day?    powerball or mega millions?       would you pick rebecca paul to run your lottery or someone with little experience......     create a lottery from scratch.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2005, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Well for starters I would change lucky for life to $1.00 a play, and raise the prize to at least $5,000 a month for life. Then we would be in business. I would also prefer only 32 balls, but as long as the previous two things changed I would not be complaining. Don't want too many winners afterall, but just enough to keep funding my jackpot win. Big Grin

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #17834
      June 28, 2005
      2083 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2005, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Well that is a good question...and after thinking about it for a little bit I have come up with a answer.

I'm in CT and they both day and night but, they use the same machine. So the pick 3 and 4 I would leave the machine and picking alone but would change the payouts.

One is I would allow people to play for .25 instead of .50 for both pick 3 & 4. It would give a smaller payout but, at least you would be able to do what we do on the place in the sky.

Maybe a .75 backbet also. Not sure how this would work but, if not a .25 cent bet a .75 bet would work.
      Never understood why they don't have .75 bets or .25 cent bets. We have back and front pair only on pick 3 in CT and I would love for them to lower the price of ticket. Like .25 cent instead of .50 cent. .50 cents only give you 25 bucks for being right. I would rather bet .25 and win 10 or 15 bucks instead. You might say why...well if they changed this I would still play a 1.00 worth of pairs but, at least I would have 4 chances in stead of only two.

I would love to have payout of 900:1 but, don't think the state brings in enough to allow this not sure.....

The other thing I would change or do is make the pick 4 more fun and a little easier.  Change the 10,000 combination down to 5,000 and allow CT players to do front and back pair bets. We don't have this in CT and I know Mass. does.

I would change cash 5 to allow a roll over to allow more then 100,000. It's caped at 100,000 in CT but, at least if 5 people hit 5 people get 100,000 - minus the IRS profit of course.

PB I would just leave. It's 2 many states in my mine anyway.

Classic lotto I would increase the min. jackpot to start always at 2.5 mil. instead of 1 mil.

I thinkt that's it. Covered all games I believe.

No mention of scratch tickets was in the question but, since it's part of pretty much every state. I would stop CT from putting so many out. Also maybe do a .50 cent ticket or .75 cent ticket like they do at BINGO with the pull tabs. I like those.

One moret thing I thought of would be adding bonus games to the pick 3 and 4. I don't think CT has ever done this. I know PA has and I believe SC is doing this right now with bonus balls.

Powerplaye

Good luck to everyone!!!

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2005, 5:10 am - IP Logged

tennessee has a pretty good lottery so i can't see changing very much except maybe getting an in state lotto and adding more days to lotto 5....

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
          Magnolia, Delaware
          United States
          Member #18795
          July 20, 2005
          789 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2005, 11:30 am - IP Logged

I'd dump powerball first thing! Make a move to MM here in Delaware. Go back to all ball drawn games and get rid of the RNG computers! Have 2 drawings a day for the day time pick 3 & pick 4. Also the same for the night pick 3 & pick 4. Change them both from the 50 cent to the 25 cent.

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3333 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Georgia dump Lotto South immediately and not look back.

Bring back Lotto Georgia 6/46 drawn once a week to remain exactly like that.  It was fun to play at $1.00 per ticket!!

Fantasy-5 roll back to the original 5/35 matrix with parimutuel payouts like now.  It was also fun to play!!

Dump Mega Millions and bring back Powerball because I've always liked Powerball much better. 

Keep Cash 3 and Cash 4 drawings like they are, maybe add front and back pairs.  Leave the price at $.50 and $1.00.

Good luck to everyone!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31363 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Bring back Lotto Georgia 6/46 drawn once a week to remain exactly like that.  It was fun to play at $1.00 per ticket!!

Fantasy-5 roll back to the original 5/35 matrix with parimutuel payouts like now.  It was also fun to play!!

Dump Mega Millions and bring back Powerball because I've always liked Powerball much better. 

Keep Cash 3 and Cash 4 drawings like they are, maybe add front and back pairs.  Leave the price at $.50 and $1.00.

yes - on all!!!

love to nibble those micey feet.

Australia
                Member #17096
                June 11, 2005
                225 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2005, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I would guarantee anonymity to all winners, that would be very good selling point. Privacy is becoming more important these days. It's not that people are unwilling to share their good fortune but, just as people don't go around announcing their salary, why should a lottery win be announced to all. As people are more security conscious, they don't want their financial situation made public.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3104 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I'd like to see . . .

Four tickets for a dollar.

An 85% return to players.

One ballset one machine, backups only used when original is broken.

No advertising budget except press releases of wins, new games and winning numbers.

No big money employees/directors.

Choice of cash or 20 year investment AFTER winning.

Tax free prizes.

An evenly divisable matrix like 5/35, 6/36 or 6/48.

Free play for 2 numbers correct and for no numbers correct.

No fake computerized draws.

Draws must be televisied live with video on the web site for 23 hours.

Money must go to the children and not replace other revenue sources.
                  Such as collage scholoships.

BobP

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                    Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2005, 1:26 am - IP Logged

How I would improve the PA Lottery:

- Drop the price for Lucky for Life Lotto to $1.  That's all you need to fund $3000 a month for life.  They only have it at $2 because they knew it wouldn't sell.

- Get  rid of Match 6 Lotto and bring back Super 6 Lotto.  I liked 3 plays for $1 better than 3 plays for $2.  I would start the jackpot at $2 million annuity, but not require payment option at the sale.  I would make the matrix 6/56 instead of 6/69.

- I would use ball machines for the mid-day drawings and add a bonus match feature for the Daily Number and Big 4.  I would also televise them.

- I would also add Keno to PA's list of games.  I am unsure as to whether or not I would make it like NY's Quick Draw or NY's Pick 10.

- I would require all $20 instant tickets to have a prize of at least $5, and 1 in no more than 3 $10 tickets would have a prize of at least $5.

- I would also start up a Lottery Game show involving a special instant ticket, like Powerball Instant Millionaire.

-  Lastly, I would offer Hot Lotto.

How I would improve the OH Lottery:

- First, get rid of Lot O'Play and bring back Sper Lotto Plus. Make it 2 plays for $1, and start the jackpot at $4 million, and move the Kicker drawing to Wednesdays and Saturdays.  Payment option could be made after the purchase.

- Guarentee at least a $50,000 rollover for Rolling Cash 5.  It takes too long for the jackpot to get worth playing for.

- Televise all mid-day drawings.

- Offer a bonus match feature on pick 3 and pick 4 

- Offer Keno, but once again, unsure as to which kind.

- Offer Megaplier.

- I would push all in-state night drawings back to 11:00 PM or 11:30 PM.

- I would garentee at least a $5 prize on all $20 instant tickets, and 1 in no more than 3 $10 tickets will have a $5 prize.

- I would offer their Lucky 7 idea as a jackpot game, with the jackpot starting at $2 million annuity.  Payment option to be made after the big win. 

- I would keep the Cash Explosion ame show the way it is, except I would tweak it a bit to make it a game in which the person who won the grand prize was either the one who needed it the most, or the one who showed they know what to do with it. 

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2005, 1:43 am - IP Logged

just think if these lotteries would listen to us!!    just think of how it COULD be...

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: December 10, 2005, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Yeah we would be a lot richer, and them a lot poorer. The way it should be.

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: December 10, 2005, 5:49 am - IP Logged

LOL,you got that right!!

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3333 Posts
                            Posted: December 10, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged

yes - on all!!!

Thank you!!  Banana

I grovel and beg you to email the Georgia Lottery and ask them to reinstate Lotto Georgia exactly as it was and only once a week.  Blue Angel

Anyone else having the same inclination about Lotto Georgia please do the same. Big Grin Angel

An email or letter is better because it is something they have to read instead of hearing it second hand from a customer service phone call. 

We'll work on Fantasy 5 next!!  Cheers  

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3333 Posts
                              Posted: December 10, 2005, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I'd like to see . . .

Four tickets for a dollar.

An 85% return to players.

One ballset one machine, backups only used when original is broken.

No advertising budget except press releases of wins, new games and winning numbers.

No big money employees/directors.

Choice of cash or 20 year investment AFTER winning.

Tax free prizes.

An evenly divisable matrix like 5/35, 6/36 or 6/48.

Free play for 2 numbers correct and for no numbers correct.

No fake computerized draws.

Draws must be televisied live with video on the web site for 23 hours.

Money must go to the children and not replace other revenue sources.
                              Such as collage scholoships.

BobP

Really good ideas, well thought out!!!  Couple of them might be hard sell, though!   Big Grin 

Don't forget mandatory lowering of property taxes because of lotteries funding education. 

What about a live video feed of pre and post tests like they do during legislative sessions??  Inquiring minds could be satisfied as to randomness of draws.

Good luck to everyone!