Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing Hot vs. Cold

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Mad Hot vs Cold... Cool Cool

Everybody talks about ... Hot vs. Cold. I have seen some things in my life you would not believe.  Both ways !

Might be interesting to see what the opinions are about playing one way or the other.

I  have never been able to spot Hot ahead of time.

By the time I see it the thing is over.... but I can spot Cold a mile away.I know it will turn. You can plan on cold or cool. It's consistant.... and gives you time to set up.

Still...... it would be interesting to hear the Pro's and Con's of playing and winning with these two systems. 

I guess for me it's really a matter of playing and spotting" Cool "

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Part of the problem is that there seems to be no concensus definition of "Hot" and "Cold". It seems entirely relative to the individual player.

Also, it is game-relative. What is "cold" in Pick3/4 in terms of digits is not the same as "cold" in the jackpot games, in terms of individual numbers.

And what is "hot"?  A number/digit that has hit twice in 2 draws? Or 3 times in 4 draws?? Or what?

And if a digit has hit 4 times in 5 draws in P3, is it about to go "cold" or is it still "hot"?

This is why it is difficult to pin down.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49627 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

The definition of Hot, Neutral, Cold is not clear or the frequency associated with them.

In an ideal Pick3/Pick4 each ball (0-9) in each position would come up once in 10 draws, so lets call the balls that came up once in the last 10 draws Neutral, the balls that came up more than once in the last 10 draws Hot, and the balls that didn't come up in the last 10 draws Cold.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2005, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Pulled this old math average post off of my Blog.

What's Hot and Cold ? Here is one way to look at it. It's the expected Math averagehit rate in a certain amount of draws. This is a good chart to copy until you are able to do it on the fly.  

10 draws  3  hits per number (average over the 10 draws)

15            5

20            6

25             8

30             9

40            12

50            15

60 draws 18  ...... hits per Digit...average.                                                       

If you want to find out if a digit is overdue in a single position then divide the number of draws by 3. 

Ex:  If, ... number #6 has been missing for 21 draws in first position.....just divide (21 by 3  =7 days out) . Now it's easier to picture how really long it's been gone. In other words....

It's just like a normal number missing in all positions for 7 days.

Win d    

takeitez's avatar - japheth
          Carters Lake, Ga.
          United States
          Member #5313
          June 29, 2004
          1065 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2005, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

A great little tool here on LP for the same thing.

>results . > the state you want > the game you want ; in the drop down box click Drawing Statistics.

You can look at 100 past draws  hot, warm, cold

ez

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Yeah.... that's right EZ. That chart of mine is alot older than that and was all we had way back when. Most don't have access to that anyway.

OK ...but here's a Hot Cold question for 2 kinds of Players about a situation on the  Georgia Evening game right now.

The digit 9 is in record skip territory. Not only for midday but Evening and Combined as well. In all our game history .... this is the longest combined skip.

So here is the question. What is the best position to play that digit 9 in your opinion?

Postion one at night has hit ....... 39 times this yr.

Postion 2.....................................35 times this yr

Position ...............................only 26 times this yr 

Only.... right now ...or current stats say he is most due in Postion 1.  because it has the highest skip right now. 

My vote ..... I say it will hit in Position 3 ...coldest of the yr.        I go with the overall yearly stat as most due rather than the Hot postion one.....although he is the most cold (longest out skip postion) right now.

Win d    

Carters Lake, Ga.
              United States
              Member #5313
              June 29, 2004
              1065 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2005, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I like postion 1

There you Win-Deee and you know how high I play!!

ez

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Yes .... I sure do know how you play EZ. 

When EZ play's ....... he don't play .... ( ya know what I mean) Thumbs Up LOL

Win d    

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                  Redford/MI
                  United States
                  Member #3396
                  January 18, 2004
                  4867 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Win D, my thinking when I read your posts is that we seem to think alot alike. 

That can get us into real trouble though

My thinking tends to be (the 9 hasn't hit in 2 weeks) so I am going to stay on this until it comes.

What my thinking should be is

I am going to wait until the 9 hits & then play it back in another position because it needs to catch up and return to a sort of balance.

It's hard for someone like me to keep the above statement in mind--but it's worth it to remember because the lottery expects me to see that the 9 is missing & plays every 9 combo that I can.

L ttaL   T

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2005, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

The definition of Hot, Neutral, Cold is not clear or the frequency associated with them.

In an ideal Pick3/Pick4 each ball (0-9) in each position would come up once in 10 draws, so lets call the balls that came up once in the last 10 draws Neutral, the balls that came up more than once in the last 10 draws Hot, and the balls that didn't come up in the last 10 draws Cold.

Herein then it becomes another problem. If you look at game histories for P3, you'll find that it is unusual for there to be more than one digit that hasn't been drawn in the last ten draws. Therefore, there would be few "neutral" digits.

Also, looking at game histories, you would find there to be many "hot" digits; if you define a hot digit as one that has been drawn more than once in the last ten draws.

I'm contending that you would end up with few "neutral" (maybe not any) digits, many "hot" digits, and few (maybe none) "cold" digits.

The only way to "tighten this up" would be to use less than ten draws as a sampling. Using five draws at the most, possibly. But then you have the question as to whether such a small sampling is a valid one.

Now....if you are talking about each position in P3 separately, then that is another situation.  But in that case, you are trying to predict straights, rather than boxed.

See this whole Hot/Cold thing can be quite confusing.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Carters Lake, Ga.
                      United States
                      Member #5313
                      June 29, 2004
                      1065 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2005, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

What do you think of this as a "gage"?

A digit that comes 2 times in 4 draws--hot

A digit that comes 2 times in 7 draws--neutral

A digit not drawn in 10 draws--cold

ez

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I use a longer history for digit's hot/cold status in each position (for the straight in pick-3). In 50 draws a number should come in 5 times in each position.

5 or more is hot, less than 5 is cold. I eliminate overdue digits from my consideration of "hot" numbers because it is no longer hot in my opinion.

Overdue=cold IMHO, though others would disagree with that. I agree with CalifDude''s signature...play what is hot.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          49627 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Herein then it becomes another problem. If you look at game histories for P3, you'll find that it is unusual for there to be more than one digit that hasn't been drawn in the last ten draws. Therefore, there would be few "neutral" digits.

Also, looking at game histories, you would find there to be many "hot" digits; if you define a hot digit as one that has been drawn more than once in the last ten draws.

I'm contending that you would end up with few "neutral" (maybe not any) digits, many "hot" digits, and few (maybe none) "cold" digits.

The only way to "tighten this up" would be to use less than ten draws as a sampling. Using five draws at the most, possibly. But then you have the question as to whether such a small sampling is a valid one.

Now....if you are talking about each position in P3 separately, then that is another situation.  But in that case, you are trying to predict straights, rather than boxed.

See this whole Hot/Cold thing can be quite confusing.

If you look at a separate history rather than a combined history you get a different picture, and no not trying to make straight predictions, only boxed.

.........Position.1...................Position.2...................Position.3............
                          Number.Last.Date.Hit.Skipped.Number.Last.Date.Hit.Skipped.Number.Last.Date.Hit.Skipped...
                          ..06....11/18/2005.....22......08....11/17/2005.....23......00....11/12/2005.....28......
                          ..05....11/25/2005.....15......06....11/23/2005.....17......02....11/15/2005.....25......
                          ..02....11/26/2005.....14......09....11/24/2005.....16......09....11/30/2005.....10......
                          ..03....12/02/2005......8......03....12/03/2005......7......04....12/01/2005......9......
                          ..09....12/04/2005......6......00....12/04/2005......6......06....12/02/2005......8......
                          ..08....12/05/2005......5......02....12/05/2005......5......07....12/05/2005......5......
                          ..04....12/06/2005......4......07....12/07/2005......3......05....12/06/2005......4......
                          ..00....12/07/2005......3......01....12/08/2005......2......08....12/08/2005......2......
                          ..01....12/09/2005......1......05....12/09/2005......1......03....12/09/2005......1......
                          ..07....12/10/2005......0......04....12/10/2005......0......01....12/10/2005......0......