Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers reduction strategy

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hareless.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fortuna's avatar - Photomanipulation icon.png

United States
Member #27654
December 4, 2005
100 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2005, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I am new to this forum and to lottery systems.  I noticed that in my state lottery (6 numbers out of 40) very frequently 5 or 6 of the winning numbers come from the last 10 drawings.

Around 33 numbers are repeated in 10 drawings.  Excluding the numbers in the last drawing brings the count down to 27.

Wheeling 27 numbers for a chance of hitting 5 of the 6 winning numbers can be very expensive.

Any ideas on how to eliminate some of the numbers?

Thanks to this wonderful forum.

Bang Head

Sentia's avatar - praying hands.jpg
    Oregon
    United States
    Member #27005
    November 25, 2005
    22 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2005, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Fortuna.

Check this thread by dynodyno.  I was just reading it and so can't comment on it because I don't understand it yet, but there is some very good info in there which may help you, especially if you combine it with any other knowledge you have gained from experience.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123682

Don't forget to rely on your intuition, too. :) 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2005, 2:53 am - IP Logged

I am new to this forum and to lottery systems.  I noticed that in my state lottery (6 numbers out of 40) very frequently 5 or 6 of the winning numbers come from the last 10 drawings.

Around 33 numbers are repeated in 10 drawings.  Excluding the numbers in the last drawing brings the count down to 27.

Wheeling 27 numbers for a chance of hitting 5 of the 6 winning numbers can be very expensive.

Any ideas on how to eliminate some of the numbers?

Thanks to this wonderful forum.

Bang Head

You'll find some ideas on eliminating some numbers here . . .

http://www.lotto-logix.com/lotteryarticles.html

You can generally eliminate 10 to 12 numbers correctly 50% of the time, it's all downhill from there, but it helps to remember eliminating  only 6 numbers reduces the overall number of combinations to below half.  BobP

Alabama
        United States
        Member #17830
        June 27, 2005
        309 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Fortuna said:

"Excluding the numbers in the last drawing brings the count down to 27."

Have you checked the drawing history to see how often one or more of the numbers in the last draw repeat in the next draw? IMHO, I don't think you should always just throw out all of the numbers from the last drawing without doing some additional analysis on them first.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
          Member #27654
          December 4, 2005
          100 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I have checked the drawing history.  About 40% of the time the last draw's number do not repeat.  Otherwise 1 or 2 numbers from the last draw are repeated.

Alabama
            United States
            Member #17830
            June 27, 2005
            309 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I have checked the drawing history.  About 40% of the time the last draw's number do not repeat.  Otherwise 1 or 2 numbers from the last draw are repeated.

So (obviously) that means about 60% of the time, in the past 10 draws, one or two of the numbers from the last draw are repeated. That's a very interesting statistic. Given that information, I would probably keep the numbers from the last draw, or try to determine if there was a certain pattern of repeated numbers and try to decide which ones to keep. Is your state 6/40 game ball drawn or computer drawn?

Also, have you looked at the drawing history to see how many of the winning numbers come from the last 5 drawings? Or the last 3 drawings? In addition to the past 10 draws, I'd want to look at how many of the winning numbers come from the last 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 drawings.

It would take some time, but it might reveal some interesting trends. I'd start with analyzing the past 5 drawings first.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
              Member #27654
              December 4, 2005
              100 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2005, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks MrBobb.  Here are some statistics for the past 1, 5 and 10 drawings:

Last Draw.    Last 5 Draw.      Last 10 Draw.

0 numbers repeated              41%                    1%                      0%

only 1 number repeated        32%                    6%                       0%

only 2 numbers repeated        27%                  11%                      2%

only 3 numbers repeated          0%                  32%                    12%

only 4 numbers repeated          0%                  33%                    16%

only 5 numbers repeated          0%                  15%                    51%

6 numbers repeated                  0%                    2%                    19%

I used the last 100 drawings to compute these statistics.

By the way, my state is Louisiana and the lotto drawings are computer generated.

cahaba's avatar - moon
                Birmingham
                United States
                Member #18850
                July 21, 2005
                82 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2005, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Fortuna,

It is a shame that you are relegated to playing the Louisiana Lotto. I would bet good money that the game is rigged. You would be better off doing analysis on numbers for a state that is mechanically drawn, then opt for a time to go and play. I will be in Louisiana this weekend, but as my playing partner and I say: "Playing a computer generated lottery is akin to taking your money, turning it upside down, and setting fire to it". 

Don't do it.  Instead, you may want to analyze Powerball as if it is a pick 5, then analyze the powerball separately.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2005, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

here's a simple method...

1. ask me which numbers I would skip.

2.play those numbers.

works all the time :-(

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Anna, TX
                    United States
                    Member #26720
                    November 21, 2005
                    263 Posts
                    Posted: December 13, 2005, 1:13 am - IP Logged

here's a simple method...

1. ask me which numbers I would skip.

2.play those numbers.

works all the time :-(

getting a little big headed are ya????

hahahaha

hey I didnt know the posts were monitored for bad words or likeness...

did you see what i just said???

haha

ok i need sleep.