Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A personal message from Ducksafloat

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ducksafloat.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
cmpmcg25's avatar - 8ball
Missouri
United States
Member #23091
October 7, 2005
262 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2005, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Ducksafloat, Your family and your son are in my prayers. May God bless him and keep him safe in this time of need.  US Flag

tweetietoo's avatar - lady narrisa.png
    Georgia
    United States
    Member #18517
    July 13, 2005
    1256 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2005, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

My prayers are with you and your family..

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2005, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

i'm praying for you and your son ducksfloat.may god bless him.....

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
        nashville
        United States
        Member #4990
        June 8, 2004
        1376 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:01 am - IP Logged

From one mom to another, I am aware there really are no words that can comfort you at this moment, I have three sons and this has always been a great fear of mine.I can say with 100% certainty, that GODS strentgh comes at the moment you need it most, I have seen this over and over in my own life, just when we think we are going to lose it this peace that is overwhelming embraces us, My prayer is for GOD to wrap his hand of protection around all of our young men and women, while they are there and touch the nessacary hearts needed to bring them all back home. My oldest was a marine ,out now for a knee injury, and he has assured me the training they recieve is for times such as this, May GOD give you all you need at this time, and I will ,along with many others ,pray for his safety. GOD bless us all.

Pa
          United States
          Member #2485
          October 9, 2003
          319 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Everyone should light a candle in there front window and leave it there till we are out of Iraq.

My prayers are with you also.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2005, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I really cannot add to any of the replies to this thread, Ducksafloat. My heart and soul agrees with all of them. Let your son know that his safe, sound and quick return is of the utmost priority to all of us here at LP.

As Red Skelton used to say in closing, "May God Bless".

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
              Clarkston, Michigan
              United States
              Member #76
              January 6, 2002
              8528 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Ducksafloat, your son and everyone of our servicemen in Iraq are in my prayers every day.  May the Lord bring him home safe to you.

Sandy

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                Member #19043
                July 24, 2005
                7378 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2005, 9:01 am - IP Logged

I really cannot add to any of the replies to this thread, Ducksafloat. My heart and soul agrees with all of them. Let your son know that his safe, sound and quick return is of the utmost priority to all of us here at LP.

As Red Skelton used to say in closing, "May God Bless".

I Agree!Blessings to you and your FamilyUS Flag

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                  Wentzville, Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #2243
                  September 4, 2003
                  8495 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2005, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

To all of you,

Thank you ever-so much for your expressions of compassions.  I am overwhelmed to say the least at the very thought that I may never see your faces, but clearly I see your hearts.  Thank You All!

I haven't had once night of sound sleep since my son, Dezmond gave me the news of his exodus.  I have awakened every night in fright and going straight to CNN, seems like I just couldn't get enough of it.  It got so bad that I began to have chest pains and I knew that I needed to calm down.  The only things that really calms me is talking to God and that is exactly what I did.  I told God to make me as brave as he'd made my son.  A couple of days passed and I thought I should try getting out of the house and turn off CNN and give God an opportunity to talk back.  Today, that is just what happened.  As I pulled into the parking lot of a local store I saw a soldier walking pass me and my heart began to flutter, "What can I say to him, I needed to say something but what in the name of God do I say?"  God said, "Tell him you are the mother of a soldier!"  I yelled out, "Hey Soldier, I am the mother of a soldier!"  He stopped instantly and saluted me!  I could only stand there stunned and tears began to flow.  He tapped on the window of his car and another Soldier stepped out.  Together they walked towards me.  They comforted me!  A proudness fell upon me and the crying just stopped.  We talked in 27degrees about the war.  One Soldier said, he'd already been there and would return after the holidays.  The other Soldier said, He was going on Christmas Eve.  They both told me not to worry.  Not to look at CNN and to have faith.  This was a very overwhelming expierence for me.  One Soldier said that when he first went over, they slept in the desert but before he left they were in a building where they could email home regularly.  He told me of the schools, shelters, hospitals and clinics that had been built and continued to tell me of all these great things that our troops had done that I didn't hear much about in the news. 

How selfish of me is all I could think, to want my son right here in my view.  It was in that moment that I understood and realized the creed of a Soldier and what it really means to be the mother of a soldier.  You see, from a child at about age 3-4, my eldest son's favorite toys had always been toy Soldiers.  He just wasn't my son, he was the son of "America"  to top all that, I recieved such a feeling of bravery and knew then that God had me at the right place at the right time to become encouraged.  Then I come to the "Lottery Post" to share this information with Todd, only to find this most encouraging thread, as I read through, what stood out was the comment that Todd wrote,  "There is a very positive force created by people who care for one another, and I hope you can take comfort in that."

I can tell you two things and one is that I am so proud that I am the "Mother of a Soldier" and the second is I am so proud to be a member at "The Lottery Post"  there are no words to thank the lot of you for your kindness.  I don't know how to express the emotions that I feel at this moment other than I am overwhelmed in a good way.  Thank you all so very much. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23267 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2005, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

What a wonderful message -- thank you so much for sharing that story!  America's soldiers are really special people.  I think that's because it takes a very bighearted person to volunteer to be one of the true patriots for this country, and the actions you described are just the type of people they are.  It's in their character.

I agree with the soldier who said to turn off CNN.  They have an axe to grind with the entire war, so if you view their coverage every day, you could not help but get depressed.  They report nothing but bad news.  Never the other 95% of the news, which is tremendously good.

On the other hand, as the mother of a fine soldier, you will take great delight in watching any of the reports by Colonel Oliver North on Fox News.  He is the soldiers' best friend, and he often points out all the great things happening over there.  Here is often on the Fox and Friends morning show, especially when he is visiting the troops in Iraq.

Take care!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20117 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Ducksafloat,

I'm a VietNam vet and I think I know what you are feeling at this time, after seeing what my mother went through when I was shipped overseas. She was very proud as you are, and a very strong believer in prayer. My prayers go out to your son for his safe return home.

Prayers can move mountains and I hope and pray it will again. Stay positive, but above all "Stay Proud".    May these prayers help keep you strong . 

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                        Wentzville, Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #2243
                        September 4, 2003
                        8495 Posts
                        Posted: December 29, 2005, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

Again, thank you ever-so much!  I pray that your Christmas was as great as mine.  And yes, Maddog, all your prayers carry me to this day.  I will watch for Oliver North, Todd, and no more CNN!  

My son said, to me last night, "Mom, go back to the Lottery Post and  post you a few numbers.  I know you enjoy it and that would make me happy!"  So today I am gonna do as he suggest. 

I am so glad that this is a place not only for the numbers but where great friendships are built.  I am sooooo moved by the lot of you!  Thank You! 

"My House, Wishes Your House A Prosperous & New Beginning!"US Flag

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
                          nashville
                          United States
                          Member #4990
                          June 8, 2004
                          1376 Posts
                          Posted: December 29, 2005, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Ducksafloat,

What a special message from God to you through the two soldiers. Whenever I see any of our young men and women in uniform out somewhere I always cry, Our country is very fortunate to have them, and they are all someones children, I know God shared your pain because of his son, he understands all of our fears and feelings, He will continue his work in all of our lives until his return.  Miss Bee

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #28000
                            December 8, 2005
                            96 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2005, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

US FlagMay God bless you and your family. I wish your son a speedy safe return from Iraq.

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                              california
                              United States
                              Member #23475
                              October 13, 2005
                              659 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2005, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

God bless you and may he speed your son home to you safe and sound.

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"