Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Email notification

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2005, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd:

I was wondering whether it would be difficult (or desireable to enough folks to justify it) to email notification when I comment on someone's blog, if there are other comments, or if the person responds. 

For that matter, if it wasn't a lot of trouble to manage, I'd like to have an option to be notified whenever there's a blog entry by any of several people I read regularly.  Maybe it's an option already and I just haven't noticed it in the settings.

Usually it isn't a problem keeping up with folks' blogs, but some days there are a lot of entries and they're driven onto the next page before I notice them.  I only discover them when the person makes the next entry and I read down.

I love the text editor.  Caused me to wonder whether there's any plan to incorporate it as an option for entering blog comments. 

Good stuff, that new editor.

Thanks.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2005, 6:40 am - IP Logged

The e-mail notifications sound like an interesting idea.  Right now, your only two options are to have notifications sent when someone comments in your blog, and to use premium members' RSS fee to subscribe to their blog.

I like the additional notification options you mentioned, and I'll work them in at some point.

Glad you're enjoying the new editor.  I purposely avoided making the blog comments enabled with the rich text editor, because I am trying to be respectful of people's personal blogs, so that the comments are focused on content, rather than style.  It's very common on the Internet to only allow plain text in the comments for that reason.  I would consider have a severely stripped-down version of the editor, maybe to do bolding or something, but I don't want the blog comments to look like a forum thread with huge fonts and stuff.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2005, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser