Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hot Lotto w/Lotto Silver

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Should there be a $2 option for HL?

Yes [ 3 ]  [75.00%]
No [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
Can't guess [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 4 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2005, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

There is a new concept that may be introduced in the US next year for Tri-State Megabucks that might be considered the reverse of Powerball's Powerplay. A $2 bet (the $1 play would remain as a option) would make a player eligible for a much higher jackpot. I suggest MUSL should adopt Lotto Silver to perk up the struggling Hot Lotto game.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

This sounds similiar to something I have been suggesting to the Michigan lottery (and the consulting firms that they hire) for years now.  If you want to see some of the other ideas that I have suggested, read the "Michigan Double Jackpot" thread in this (jackpot games) forum. 

I figure you can complain or you can try to do something about bad games.  So, I keep repeating my suggestions to anyone who is interested.  I just wish Michigan would get a game with two Jackpots.  I have been asking them for years!

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto is struggling so my vote is for yes. I think they should have a $2 play for Lotto Silver to sweeten the jackpot.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2005, 6:18 am - IP Logged

For those of you who don't know, info on the concept can be found here. And it doesn't just sweeten the jackpot, but rather it sweetens each prize.

(insert signature here)

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: December 21, 2005, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who don't know, info on the concept can be found here. And it doesn't just sweeten the jackpot, but rather it sweetens each prize.

Yuck!  Those dont look like improved prizes for 4 and 5.

Michigan fixed their prizes long ago at 3-$5, 4-$100, and 5-$2500.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2005, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Well keep in mind that those fixed prizes are in addition to the pari-mutuel prize.

(insert signature here)

Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2005, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Well keep in mind that those fixed prizes are in addition to the pari-mutuel prize.

Ahhhhhhhh.  Well I hope that when they market it they come up with a better chart to explain it.  I can see the confusion if they use the one at that link!

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2005, 9:48 am - IP Logged

I know of only one game where pari-mutuel prizes were added to fixed prizes- the late Tri-State Cash 5.