Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Simple Concept

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2005, 12:24 am - IP Logged

O.K., I know what you're thinking "Oh boy, another concept from JimmySand9". But hear me out, this is a good one. I want to hear your feedback.

Very simple idea, this is. Just pick 4 numbers out of 75. That's it. There aren't 100 lines of numbers or anything, just 1 line for $1. And the best part, not only is there a growing jackpot, but you can win by matching as little as 1 number.

Cost : 1 Play for $1

Minimum Jackpot : $50,000

Prize
Odds
Match 4
Jackpot
1 : 1,215,450
Match 3
$500
1 : 4,279.8
Match 2
$5
1 : 81.5
Match 1
$1
1 : 5.3

Overall Odds : 1 in 4.985

(insert signature here)

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged

sounds like a good concept to me.......

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #17834
      June 28, 2005
      2083 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2005, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Winning on 1 number....where do I sign up...I can do that with my eyes close...well maybe...

Good concept but, I don't think they will go lower then picking 2 balls...other wise it would be to easy.

PP

Good luck to everyone!!!

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2005, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Winning on 1 number....where do I sign up...I can do that with my eyes close...well maybe...

Good concept but, I don't think they will go lower then picking 2 balls...other wise it would be to easy.

PP

Well the odds of matching 1 number is about 1 in 5. It may seem like something you can do with your eyes closed, but it's not that easy. I calculated it so it would pay out 50% on average, so I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #119
          February 19, 2002
          527 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

There you go again, Jimmy: giving us a lotto game with a hugely OPPRESSIVE (i.e. LARGE) number field!

I'm (seriously) convinced you work for THEM, not US!

By the way, NJ did away with LOTZEE about 2 years ago, which was just like your game, had a CONSISTENTLY low number of winners and was "rejected" by players as evidenced in rather poor sales.  NJ gave up on the game because players refused to play it.  Why?  Too large of a number field!

Tell your people that a low number field game (5/19; 5/26; 5/30) will attract more players more often and inspire more "faith" in numbers games than those oppressively large number field games like PowerRip, MegaRip, and some of the ones you occasionally post.  Thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

While overall odds of 1:5 are common on scratch-off games where the out comes are controlled with printed tickets, 1:9 has been the best overall odds allowed for any on-line games where the outcomes are the results of a random drawing.  It may be doable but I don't think any states will ever allow those kinds of overall odds on a game where the out come is the results of a random drawing and may jeopardize their guaranteed 50% of sales some times.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Greg,

A 5/19 game would have odds of 1:11,628 for a 5/5 and odds of 1:3 for matching 2/5.  What you want is a game where the odds of winning your money back is about the same as flipping a coin.  Get real, you're never going see such a lottery game.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #119
                February 19, 2002
                527 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2005, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

RJ, my thinking is that by introducing a lower odds game with slightly lower prize amounts, that more people will be enthused to play more often thus increasing the state's profitability by ensuring more winners.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2005, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Pick3 have odds of 1:1000 for a straight hit and 1:220 for box hits so prizes of $500 and $50 are there for those players who want lower odds and lower prize amounts.  Those kinds of odds will never exist for those players who want to play for $500,000 or more.

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #1826
                    July 11, 2003
                    2645 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

There you go again, Jimmy: giving us a lotto game with a hugely OPPRESSIVE (i.e. LARGE) number field!

I'm (seriously) convinced you work for THEM, not US!

By the way, NJ did away with LOTZEE about 2 years ago, which was just like your game, had a CONSISTENTLY low number of winners and was "rejected" by players as evidenced in rather poor sales.  NJ gave up on the game because players refused to play it.  Why?  Too large of a number field!

Tell your people that a low number field game (5/19; 5/26; 5/30) will attract more players more often and inspire more "faith" in numbers games than those oppressively large number field games like PowerRip, MegaRip, and some of the ones you occasionally post.  Thank you.

O.K. I work for "them". As in, I don't want "them" to go bankrupt so "our" money-well doesn't run dry. Put out one of your 100,000% payout games, and that's it, no more lottery. Besides, it doesn't necessarily matter what amount of numbers are in the field, but both that and the number of balls picked by the player. So while the field may seem like it's impossible to crack, you have to look at all the parameters. Because all that really matters are the odds. Look at the odds of my game, 1 in about 1.2 million. That means that there about 1.2 million possible winning combos that can be drawn on a given night. Now, take a look at your beloved Lucky For Life (and I might start calling it Un-Lucky if you keep unfairly scolding me), it has about 2.7 million possible combinations that can be drawn, despite having half the balls in the machine. Why is that? Because of the number of balls selected, mine has 4, LFL has 6. That is just as important as the number of balls in the field when determining odds.

Besides, you looooove keno, but that has 80 numbers. Why are you lambasting a game that actually has 5 less?

(insert signature here)

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: December 24, 2005, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

O.K. I work for "them". At last, you admit it!  Consider yourself unmasked! :-) As in, I don't want "them" to go bankrupt so "our" money-well doesn't run dry. Put out one of your 100,000% payout games, and that's it, no more lottery. No Jimmy, I didn't say that.  Don't confuse the issue here.  Lower the odds and lower the prize amounts so that more people win which will actually increase the number of players and increase sales!  It's as simple as that.Besides, it doesn't necessarily matter what amount of numbers are in the field, but both that and the number of balls picked by the player. I am incredulous at your uninformed comment, Jimmy.  Of course it matters!  The larger the number field, the more difficult it is to win because you have increased the odds by so doing. So while the field may seem like it's impossible to crack, you have to look at all the parameters. What "parameters" are you talking about?  Players' gullibility?  Their naivete when they read your slick marketing stuff? Because all that really matters are the odds. Look at the odds of my game, 1 in about 1.2 million. That means that there about 1.2 million possible winning combos that can be drawn on a given night. Now, take a look at your beloved Lucky For Life (and I might start calling it Un-Lucky if you keep unfairly scolding me), it has about 2.7 million possible combinations that can be drawn, despite having half the balls in the machine. Why is that? Because of the number of balls selected, mine has 4, LFL has 6. That is just as important as the number of balls in the field when determining odds. Again, lottery drawings (number selections) reveal discernible patterns.  A 38 number field, using software, reveals more discernible patterns than a field of 75 numbers, using parameters like repeating, consecutive, or adjacent numbers

Besides, you looooove keno, but that has 80 numbers. Why are you lambasting a game that actually has 5 less?You already know that Keno is much different.  You pick 10 numbers out of 80 while the machine spits out 20 balls (numbers).  10 of 20 is 1 in 8 million, whereas picking 9 of 20 winning numbers is only 1 in 163,381.  I'd rather aim for picking 9 of 20 numbers at 1 in 163,381 than 4 of 75 at 1 in 1,215,000 anyday.  Besides, using software, Keno reveals rather unique patterns.

What I have shared here, Jimmy, are very simple concepts.  That's not "unfair scolding", but the value of backing up what I say with careful thought and reason.  Nonetheless, Merry Christmas to you, Jimmy.  I hope Santa puts an instant scratchoff in your stocking! :-)

I wonder what our fellow LP readers have to say?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2005, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Greg wrote:
                        "I wonder what our fellow LP readers have to say?"

I think you both are dreaming.  It's unlikely that JimmySand9 have job designing lottery games and it's unlikely that there will ever be a lottery game where players have a 50-50 chance of winning.  Keep dreaming, some times dreams do come true.

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

PA might try that, get "gus the groundhog" to flip a coin every night

cost to play $1

choices (heads/Tails)

payout 25 cents

that logic works for PA;-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: December 24, 2005, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

A 38 number field, using software, reveals more discernible patterns than a field of 75 numbers, using parameters like repeating, consecutive, or adjacent numbers

Yes that is true, that is why I have much better results tracking LFL as opposed to powerball. Less balls are easier to divide up and sort.