Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

question about tennessee lotto 5 drawings

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by konane.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2005, 12:16 am - IP Logged

i've noticed when i try to watch the drawing for tennessee lotto 5 they show the numbers flashing on the bottom of the screen but show no ball drawing.then i go to the tennessee lottery website and it says lotto 5 is computerized.....read lotto 5 it says its a computerized game.i hope they didn't sneak a computerized drawing on us!!   i got to where i don't see the balls being drawn anymore...

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
    Southeastern Ohio
    United States
    Member #13850
    April 16, 2005
    783 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2005, 12:48 am - IP Logged

LOTTO 5 is Tennessee’s own computerized game with a jackpot that grows until the jackpot is won. Prize amounts for LOTTO 5 are pari-mutuel, which means prizes are based on sales and all winners share an equal portion of the winnings in each prize category. Just select any five numbers from 1 to 39. If 3, 4 or 5 of those numbers are drawn in any order—you win! LOTTO 5 drawings are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:34 p.m. Central Time.

That's exactly what it say's! Too bad, seemed like an interesting pick 5 game to track.

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2005, 12:54 am - IP Logged

i've noticed when i try to watch the drawing for tennessee lotto 5 they show the numbers flashing on the bottom of the screen but show no ball drawing.then i go to the tennessee lottery website and it says lotto 5 is computerized.....read lotto 5 it says its a computerized game.i hope they didn't sneak a computerized drawing on us!!   i got to where i don't see the balls being drawn anymore...

You're right!  I didn't know that TN Lotto 5 was computerized!   Angry

Here's the link and info (emphasis added):

http://www.tnlottery.com/howtoplay/

"LOTTO 5 is Tennessee’s own computerized game with a jackpot that grows until the jackpot is won. Prize amounts for LOTTO 5 are pari-mutuel, which means prizes are based on sales and all winners share an equal portion of the winnings in each prize category. Just select any five numbers from 1 to 39. If 3, 4 or 5 of those numbers are drawn in any order—you win! LOTTO 5 drawings are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:34 p.m. Central Time.  "

I guess the TN Lottery will be losing it's A+ rating on the Lottery Post State Lottery Report Card

Dang, I don't play computerized games, but I just bought a fair number of TN Lotto 5 multi-draw tickets on my way through Tennessee last night.

Oh well, the TN Lottery won't be getting any more of my money, except for maybe a little Power Ball (and I don't play much of that).  Thank God for Georgia!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

i could be wrong......but i've been seeing the winning numbers flashed on the bottom of the screen during the tonight show with jay leno....haven't seen any live drawing lately.could they be pulling a fast one??   stay tuned......

one more thing if it did go computerized...i won't play lotto 5 again.

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2005, 1:36 am - IP Logged

i could be wrong......but i've been seeing the winning numbers flashed on the bottom of the screen during the tonight show with jay leno....haven't seen any live drawing lately.could they be pulling a fast one??   stay tuned......

one more thing if it did go computerized...i won't play lotto 5 again.

They say on their web site that it's computerized, so it must be computerized.   Do you know for sure that Lotto 5 was actually a ball drawn game at one time?  Before I started playing in Tennesse, I looked them up on the LP State Lottery Report Card and they were listed as all ball drawn.  I never had a reason to search the TN Lottery web site to confirm it.

If they switched from ball drawn to computerized, you can thank that over-paid Tennessee Lottery Director of yours for wrecking your game.   Chair

I won't be playing TN Lotto 5 any more.  My money will be going to Georgia - unless they pull a similar stunt.

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2005, 1:39 am - IP Logged

mrbobb i've already let todd know about this.only thing is i could be wrong.sometimes they don't show the drawings on time......i'm holding doubt because i don't want to believe it.but if it is true i won't play anymore.we will find out the truth in due time......

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

if someone here has seen the tennessee lotto 5 ball drawing this week let us know........

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I saw the drawing tonight.  The computerized game means it isn't an instant ticket lol.  You have to purchase the game on the computer terminal.  The drawings are BALL!  Don't freak out guys.  The drawings are balls still.  :)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

North Dakota
                  United States
                  Member #13397
                  April 5, 2005
                  1623 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:07 am - IP Logged

Computerized games are also known as "ONLINE" games. 

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:07 am - IP Logged

thanks tnplayer!!!!    what time did you see the drawing.....my station must not be playing it.

North Dakota
                      United States
                      Member #13397
                      April 5, 2005
                      1623 Posts
                      Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:12 am - IP Logged

I saw it at 10:34.  Normal Time.  I see mine on a ABC station.  You have an NBC station.  I think they may be getting ready to switch stations or they are tired of showing drawings lol.  (Darn that monday night football though)  BTW it is up to $230,000.  Lets go get um guys.  :)

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:17 am - IP Logged

i'm glad you cleared that up.better believe i'm watching the tennessee lottery very close.......

North Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #13397
                          April 5, 2005
                          1623 Posts
                          Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:34 am - IP Logged

I agree lottomike we should watch the TN lottery.  I'm all for honesty when it comes to lottery.  The only thing that really stinks is the instant ticket top prizes.  I've heard they know where they go.  I really don't understand that.  Someone is going to win it.  Throw it out there and where ever the winner lands the ticket so be it. 

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:37 am - IP Logged

i agree with you they should throw the scratch offs out there and wherever the winner is thats where it is should be.

Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #17830
                              June 27, 2005
                              309 Posts
                              Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:56 am - IP Logged

I saw the drawing tonight.  The computerized game means it isn't an instant ticket lol.  You have to purchase the game on the computer terminal.  The drawings are BALL!  Don't freak out guys.  The drawings are balls still.  :)

Whew! I guess I don't need that second shot of whiskey afterall!  Big Grin

Having signed the petition to eliminate computerized drawings, I guess I go up in smoke whenever I see the word computerized.  You're right about computerized meaning you have to purchase the ticket on a computer terminal (on line), but whenever I see it in a discussion about a lottery game, I automatically go into eliminate computerized drawings mode!

One thing is curious though - when you go to the TN Lottery web site's main page, both the Cash 3 and Cash 4 Results boxes have a   VIEW DRAWING   button that redirects you to a video of those drawings, but the Lotto 5 Results box has no view drawing button.

Thanks for setting the record straight!