Page 1 of 1
  • Todd
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    27,938 Posts

Please show me that page, because this page says it's a real drawing.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

• Todd
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    27,938 Posts

Here's another page that shows it's a real drawing.

• LottoVantage
    Southeastern Ohio
    United States
    Member #13,850
    April 16, 2005
    783 Posts
    I visited several of the links you provided Todd and read thru page after page and couldn't verify anything specifically about the Cash 5 drawings. I did finally discover this article:

March 24, 2002, a second set of Cash 5 numbers is drawn due to a crack in the #24 ball during the live drawing. The Lottery pays out on both sets of winning numbers.

I tried locating the article previously mentioned concerning the computerized drawings but can't re-locate the item. I don't know if anything's changed since 2002 or not, but if there are Penn members who can view the televised drawings, maybe we could have a verification from someone?

Good luck,

LottoVantage

• Todd
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    27,938 Posts

I agree, I want that list to be perfectly accurate, so if there is anything incorrect, let's fix it.  Can you contact the PA Lottery to find out?

• LOTTOMIKE
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7,853
    October 15, 2004
    11,352 Posts

from what i'm reading it seems like the cash 5 in penn is a ball drawing.

• LottoVantage
    Southeastern Ohio
    United States
    Member #13,850
    April 16, 2005
    783 Posts
    This is the article causing the confusion, but it still leaves some question regarding the Cash 5 drawings:

How the Millionaire Raffle winning ticket selection will be conducted 12-31-05

On the evening of Dec. 31, 2005, (New Year’s Eve), the Pennsylvania Lottery will use an Automated Drawing Machine or ADM – also called a Random Number Generator – to select 509 winning tickets at random from all of the Millionaire Raffle tickets sold.

In this drawing, the Lottery will award four top prizes of $1 million cash each, five prizes of $100,000 cash each and 500 prizes of $1,000 cash each for a total of 509 prizes worth a total of $5 million.

Following the Dec. 31 live drawing of the Lottery’s Daily Number, BIG 4 and CASH 5 winning numbers at 7 p.m., the Automated Drawing Machine will be used to select all 509 winning Millionaire Raffle tickets.

The ADM selection of the four, $1 million top-prize raffle ticket numbers and the five, $100,000 second-prize raffle ticket numbers will be televised live. The 500, $1,000 winning raffle ticket numbers will be selected at the same time during the live drawing show, but the selection of these 500 winning tickets will not be televised due to time constraints.

An Automated Drawing Machine or Random Number Generator is a highly secure computerized system that generates numbers in a random manner. ADMs or Random Number Generators have been used by lotteries for many years. The Pennsylvania Lottery first used an ADM for the "Hearts and Diamonds" game in the mid-1990s and has used random number generation over the years to facilitate many of the second-chance drawings it offers.

The Lottery currently uses an ADM to randomly select the numbers for the mid-day drawings of The Daily Number and BIG 4. Other lotteries, both in the United States and internationally, utilize ADMs for the random selection of their winning numbers. In the Pennsylvania Lottery’s Millionaire Raffle drawing however, the ADM will select winning tickets at random from the tickets sold, and not winning numbers.

The ADM will be certified by Gaming Laboratories International, the world's premier gaming products and systems testing company. The pre-draw test produces more than 30,000 random numbers that then are subjected to the "Chi Square" Randomness Verification Process. The Chi Square formula is used with every mid-day and nighttime Lottery drawing to confirm the randomness of numbers drawn.

A Pennsylvania Lottery drawing official will operate the ADM by pressing a button that will activate the ADM to begin the winning ticket selection process. Viewers will see the winning tickets displayed on the ADM monitor as they are selected at random. In addition, the winning ticket information will be printed out in report form and properly recorded on certification forms by the on-site Certified Public Accountant.

The winning Millionaire Raffle ticket information from the ADM for all 509 winning tickets then will be fed into an Automated Digital Drawing System that will transmit the winning ticket information to the Lottery’s official web site at www.palottery.com. A complete list of all 509 winning Millionaire Raffle numbers will be available by 8 p.m., New Year’s Eve, on the Lottery’s web site, as well as at local Lottery retail locations.

The use of Automated Digital Drawing Machines gives cause for my origional question.

Good luck,

LottoVantage

• Todd
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    27,938 Posts

I don't know where the confusion is coming from.  Their article basically confirms everything in the Report Card.

It says that the evening draws are all ball (live) drawings, and that the midday draws and the raffle are RNG.

I don't see anything that hints at Cash 5 being RNG.

• KyMystikal
    Florence, Alabama
    United States
    Member #8,658
    November 13, 2004
    2,037 Posts

me either

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

• LottoVantage
    Southeastern Ohio
    United States
    Member #13,850
    April 16, 2005
    783 Posts

Well.....OK!    Hit With Stick

Good luck,

LottoVantage

• New TopicNew Poll

Page 1 of 1
    Subscribe to this topic