Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The end of Lotto South

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2006, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Think about it. If the coming GA-KY-VA game doesn't have a cash option, it would be the same kind of lottery tragedy as keeping LS but no longer allowing winners to take the lump sum. And no sane lottery player would want that.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2006, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only, I liked the cash option. I'm disappointed that LS has to go and be replaced by Win For Life, but also disappointed that it's annunity all the way.

New York, NY
      United States
      Member #13514
      April 7, 2005
      235 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2006, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Well according to the article I read the sales for Lotto South have not been that good.  So they are hoping this game will make sales jump some.  They tried to change the game a couple of times, and seems nothing was working.  I guess folks just like playing Fantasy 5 and Mega Millions more.

The odds of winning Win or life will be 1 in 5.2 million as compared to one in 14 million.  

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2006, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Well according to the article I read the sales for Lotto South have not been that good.  So they are hoping this game will make sales jump some.  They tried to change the game a couple of times, and seems nothing was working.  I guess folks just like playing Fantasy 5 and Mega Millions more.

The odds of winning Win or life will be 1 in 5.2 million as compared to one in 14 million.  

But will the WFL tickets be $1 or $2? And the cash option (if there is any) is $520,000, v $750,000 in the WA scratch game Lucky for Life.

New York, NY
          United States
          Member #13514
          April 7, 2005
          235 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2006, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

But will the WFL tickets be $1 or $2? And the cash option (if there is any) is $520,000, v $750,000 in the WA scratch game Lucky for Life.

The article I read did not say anything about the cost.  I'm thinking it will still be $1.00 per game considering that Lotto South is.  A winner can chose the $520,000 option before taxes. 

All I know is players chosse six numbers from 1 - 42.  There is a bonus ball for the remaining prizes.  

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

The article I read did not say anything about the cost.  I'm thinking it will still be $1.00 per game considering that Lotto South is.  A winner can chose the $520,000 option before taxes. 

All I know is players chosse six numbers from 1 - 42.  There is a bonus ball for the remaining prizes.  

We have been seeing a $2 ticket cost for a number of games that are not the "classic lotto" variety, including PA Unlucky for Life (no cash option).

New York, NY
              United States
              Member #13514
              April 7, 2005
              235 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2006, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

There is a $52,000 prize for those that match five balls + the free ball.  Not too shabby.

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #13514
                April 7, 2005
                235 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

We have been seeing a $2 ticket cost for a number of games that are not the "classic lotto" variety, including PA Unlucky for Life (no cash option).

Well I guess we will know eventually.  I have no idea how much it will cost right now. 

Alabama
                  United States
                  Member #17830
                  June 27, 2005
                  309 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2006, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

A good many folks liked playing Lotto Georgia, before the GLC ended the game. It was a great game with 6/46 matrix, drawn once per week. I'd like to see the return of Lotto Georgia, in its original format.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2006, 5:25 am - IP Logged

here lies

LOTTO SOUTH
                                                        2001-2006