Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you NEED to win the Lottery?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Charlotte
United States
Member #3733
February 16, 2004
153 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2006, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

It seems that whenever I hear of someone winning the lottery, it's someone who was at an all time low in their life.  Either they just lost their job and is about to be put out on the street or is already on the street and took their last dollar to buy a ticket (just examples).  Well, if it takes a dire need to win the lottery than a lot of us are out of luck.  Many of us that play the lottery don't need the money at all, well, at least not that much.  Do you NEED to win the lottery?  I won't say that I NEED to, but it sure would be nice.  I'm not working right now, 'cause I just had twins, one of which suffered medical problems.  So, old hubby is holding down the fort.  Poor Boobie.  Well, my need might not seem that awfully bad to many, but it's sure tight right now to me.  hehehehehe.  Gotta need?  Is it enough for the Lottery Gods to answer your prayers?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3103 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2006, 12:04 am - IP Logged

"It seems that whenever I hear of someone winning the lottery, it's someone who was at an all time low in their life."

I suspect this is simply because it makes for a better story.

Nothing wrong with me money couldn't cure, so in a sense I could use a big score, but won't go hungry if I don't win big.

BobP

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2006, 10:27 am - IP Logged

If I NEEDED a win, I am sure I would have found some other use for the last dollar... I play for fun, usually just 1 ticket unless the jackpot hits "dream status" (for me, cash value in excess of 20 million... PB is there now ;-)    )

I work and so does Mrs. SoniQ... it would be great to have time together more often, to have nicer things (like a new zip code on the beach in South Carolina in exchange for this dreary PA rural town)... I have been bitten by NAFTA 3 times so far... went from a machine shop to an opto-electronics process analyst to an instructor at a computer school... back to a machine shop (for less pay than at the original machine shop)

I hate my job, but I am good at it... I was good at all of them. the best part of winning for me would be Quitting... for once in my life I would like the power to end my own employment rather than have the jobs shipped overseas with the governments blessing... 3 times already is enough!

I don't need to win.. I just WANT to!Thumbs Up

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.