Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5/35-1/25 type jackpot game

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

would you play a 5/35-1/25 type jackpot game,jackpot averages 10-25 million

yes..definitely [ 10 ]  [58.82%]
maybe but not sure [ 6 ]  [35.29%]
no [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
absolutely not [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2006, 7:45 am - IP Logged

would you play a 5/35--1/25 jackpot style game where the average jackpot is 10 to 25 million?

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
    chicago ill.
    United States
    Member #3600
    February 4, 2004
    337 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2006, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I sure would...the odds seem to be better.  There would be so many winners that it may not roll over to very high numbers though.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31364 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2006, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

oh yes!!!!

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2006, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

i wish they would bring out a game like this.has the lottery forgotten people still like games like this.if powerball had this matrix i know i would still play.the reason i quit is the matrix got too high.........

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2006, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

would you play a 5/35--1/25 jackpot style game where the average jackpot is 10 to 25 million?

MUSL Hot Lotto is 5/39 + 1/19. I don't think you'd get above $10 million very often.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

MUSL Hot Lotto is 5/39 + 1/19. I don't think you'd get above $10 million very often.

That was my thought exactly. But I'd still play it.

(insert signature here)

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
              Atlantic Mine, Michigan
              United States
              Member #416
              June 23, 2002
              1614 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

That came concept it really close to something I proposed to the Michigan Lottery:

With better odds and all cash jackpots

Match 5 numbers from a pool of 39 and one number from a pool of 25

Tickets are only $2.00

(Buy 5 get two free)

Drawing Nights: Mondays and Thursdays at 7:29pm

Payout: 60% of sales

Prize payout breakdown** (% of sales):

~15% = lower tier prizes, excess goes into reserve

35% goes to fund jackpot

10% goes to fund progessive

White Balls Matched Super Number Match Prize                         Odds

5                              Yes                    JACKPOT!!*            14,393,925

5                                No                    Progressive*            599,747

4                              Yes                      $2000                   84,670

4                              No                        $75                      3528

3                              Yes                        $75                        2566

3                              No                        $5                          107

2                            Yes                          $7                          241

1                              Yes                         $3                             62

0                              Yes                         $2                             52

OVERALL ODDS ARE APPROXIMATLEY 1 in 20

* Match 5 + Super wins the jackpot. Jackpot pays all in cash and starts at $500,000 and increases by at least $50,000 for each drawing.

Match 5 only. Starts at $15,000 and increases every drawing by a certain percentage of sales until won

I don't know what Michigan should replace Classic Lotto 47 with but they need to do it soon.

Brad

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2006, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

In WI we already have a 5/31 game with no bonus ball. But it's a buck per line. THe jp can get into the 6-figure area. I've never seen it over #120,000. Not easy getting even 5/31 with no BB. THe best I ever had was 4of5...and that was on a Quick Pick !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
                  Member #119
                  February 19, 2002
                  527 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2006, 10:59 pm - IP Logged
                  Posted by Greg: Yesterday, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

"Once everyone STOPS playing PowerRipoff and MegaRipoff, for at least 3 months, the lottery powers that be will abandon these games with no money coming in OR offer a 5/35 game with a bonus ball field of 1-10 for those of us out here in Lottoland who would be happy with a jackpot of $25.mil. and MORE concerned about a number field that is REASONABLE and somewhat PLAYABLE."

It would have been real nice, L.Mike, if you could have given me credit, for the above poll idea, given that your post follows very neatly chronologically, on the heels of my above quoted post, in a topic you started yesterday.

Any avid reader of my posts, if h/she does a search, will see that I argue consistently for lower number field "jackpot" games, give abundant reasons, and in fact, here at LP I coined the words, "PowerRip" and "MegaRip".  No need to repeat those reasons to those who would like to read most of my posts via the search engine.

However, one of the problems in our world is that nobody gives credit or attribution when ethics or integrity would require it.

I'm not listed as "one of the top 25 posters" and I was not voted as one of the most "popular" posters (whatever that means!) but when I do post I bring reason and careful thought to what I say.

Like I presume you are, I too am an avid student of the game and all the theory, analyses, and strategies behind it. 

I have read Howard, Roberts, Salieu, Jones, and many others just as fine(including many wonderful and helpful posters here at LP) and nothing I could write or invent would diminish their careful thought in any way.

However, I have three ideas in the works that I will only make brief reference to here.  One is a book "on the lottery" that I am certain will sell; the second is a software idea with a unique and interesting type of analysis that is my own because I have yet to see it elsewhere; the third is an idea that even if I tried to describe it, it would be lifted or stolen.

Using my applied analysis and understanding of others' lottery theory, some of which I have talked about in my posts, for the record, (for those that I think I am full of hot air) I have been able to nail 4 out 6 numbers in the Pick 6 not once, not twice, not three times, but four times and all within just over a year's period of time.  And though I do not oppose the use of wheels, I nailed those four 4/6 wins without using a single one, another topic in some of my posts.

We all learn from each other.  In fact, those that have read some of my posts know that I defend one known writer whose work is often derided, demeaned, and dismissed (should I say "trashed"?) by some who put forth no careful or cogent thought whatsoever. 

Which brings me to your post on the heels of my own quoted above.  I can only hope that you and everyone here will properly credit, give attribution, or proper reference to those that inspire their own thoughts or thinking.  I try to do that and if I haven't, I will make efforts to correct that.  Will you?

United States
                    Member #10720
                    January 23, 2005
                    933 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

If I got 5 dollars minimum for matching the bonus ball because my algos do well with that. If the non-Jackpot prizes were decent; for 1+bonus I want 20 dollars. It sounds a lot like HOT Lotto, which I have not played much and have never won anything on. It would be a better deal than the nj Pick 6.

I would like it better if Mega Millions merged with Powerball so I don't have to go to PA to play Powerball. If that happened, jackpots of 1 BILLION would not be unusual!

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2006, 6:22 am - IP Logged
                      Posted by Greg: Yesterday, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

"Once everyone STOPS playing PowerRipoff and MegaRipoff, for at least 3 months, the lottery powers that be will abandon these games with no money coming in OR offer a 5/35 game with a bonus ball field of 1-10 for those of us out here in Lottoland who would be happy with a jackpot of $25.mil. and MORE concerned about a number field that is REASONABLE and somewhat PLAYABLE."

It would have been real nice, L.Mike, if you could have given me credit, for the above poll idea, given that your post follows very neatly chronologically, on the heels of my above quoted post, in a topic you started yesterday.

Any avid reader of my posts, if h/she does a search, will see that I argue consistently for lower number field "jackpot" games, give abundant reasons, and in fact, here at LP I coined the words, "PowerRip" and "MegaRip".  No need to repeat those reasons to those who would like to read most of my posts via the search engine.

However, one of the problems in our world is that nobody gives credit or attribution when ethics or integrity would require it.

I'm not listed as "one of the top 25 posters" and I was not voted as one of the most "popular" posters (whatever that means!) but when I do post I bring reason and careful thought to what I say.

Like I presume you are, I too am an avid student of the game and all the theory, analyses, and strategies behind it. 

I have read Howard, Roberts, Salieu, Jones, and many others just as fine(including many wonderful and helpful posters here at LP) and nothing I could write or invent would diminish their careful thought in any way.

However, I have three ideas in the works that I will only make brief reference to here.  One is a book "on the lottery" that I am certain will sell; the second is a software idea with a unique and interesting type of analysis that is my own because I have yet to see it elsewhere; the third is an idea that even if I tried to describe it, it would be lifted or stolen.

Using my applied analysis and understanding of others' lottery theory, some of which I have talked about in my posts, for the record, (for those that I think I am full of hot air) I have been able to nail 4 out 6 numbers in the Pick 6 not once, not twice, not three times, but four times and all within just over a year's period of time.  And though I do not oppose the use of wheels, I nailed those four 4/6 wins without using a single one, another topic in some of my posts.

We all learn from each other.  In fact, those that have read some of my posts know that I defend one known writer whose work is often derided, demeaned, and dismissed (should I say "trashed"?) by some who put forth no careful or cogent thought whatsoever. 

Which brings me to your post on the heels of my own quoted above.  I can only hope that you and everyone here will properly credit, give attribution, or proper reference to those that inspire their own thoughts or thinking.  I try to do that and if I haven't, I will make efforts to correct that.  Will you?

it was you who thought of the idea.great idea.got me thinking of doing a poll just to see what kind of feedback it would get....