Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Payout Concept

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Offline
Posted: January 12, 2006, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

O.K. You know about the Match 5 Bonus Pool in Powerball, right? Well, what if some Pick 6 game did something like that as a permanent feature. Let's try an example. 40% of every draws sales goes to the prizes for that draw, but an extra 10% will be set aside for a situation to be described later, for a total of 50%. As the jackpot grows, so does that bonus pool. But when someone wins the jackpot, that bonus pool will be split among the people who matched 3, 4, or 5 numbers in that draw. So the bigger the jackpot gets, the bigger the potential bonus gets. But the extra money is only given away when somebody wins the jackpot.

So lets try the payouts for a 6/49 under this format.

These are the payouts for a draw with no winner.

Match 6
JACKPOT (Rolled Over)
Match 5
$1,000 Fixed
Match 4
$30 Fixed
Match 3
$2 Fixed

But when somebody wins the jackpot, the lower payouts will increase as well. The more it rolls, the bigger the jackpot gets. But lets say somebody won the jackpot the draw before this one, two winners in a row. Well, the payouts would look like this.

Match 6
JACKPOT (Won)
Match 5
$2,355 (Avg.)
Match 4
$55 (Avg.)
Match 3
$4 (Avg.)

I know, not too impressive. But what about after some rollovers, let say 5 of them. Well, the jackpot would then look like this.

Match 6
JACKPOT (Won)
Match 5
$7,500 (Avg.)
Match 4
$150 (Avg.)
Match 3
$15 (Avg.)

Now, these are just gross estimations. But this bonus can just keep growing and growing along with the jackpot. That could make record payouts all the way around. And the best part, this can work with any rolling jackpot game, regardless of matrix.

(insert signature here)

    DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: January 12, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

    they do that in NY with Lotto's second prize.

    I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.