Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Check the trash for instant money

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Hot Toddy's avatar - Trek REDALERT.gif
Ohio
United States
Member #4248
April 4, 2004
87 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2006, 11:03 am - IP Logged

The store where I play my numbers there is a trashcan full of scratch-off tickets(losers).Last week I was throwing away some old tickets and there on top in the can was a ticket that was not completely scratched off,I took it out finished scratching and won $5.00.Out of curiosity I pulled out a handfull of tickets and found a total of 4 more winning tickets.Since then I have checked that can and have always, everyday found 1 or 2 winning tickets.I think some people don't know when it is a winning ticket or they just don't pay attention.I even found where someone had bought 20 $2.00 tickets and 5 of them were not even scratched off! It takes humility but check that trashcan!

Virginia
    United States
    Member #26983
    November 25, 2005
    167 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! (Funny subject line!)

You are so right! If you did not know, some states use random non-winning codes for prizes over $500. So, that could fool players who just scratch for the recognizable winning codes!

It takes humility, I agree. It's like people who go and collect aluminum cans for recycling. There's money to be made. I pick up pennies when I find them in random places. I used to be embarassed when my grandma does it, now I do it all the time.

Remember the story of the man who found a scratch ticket worth $1 million in the garbage?

Please be careful though, and dumpster dive at your own risk.

angelm's avatar - anne
      richmond ky.
      United States
      Member #15877
      May 22, 2005
      8472 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

One persons trash is another persons treasure!!Thumbs Up

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I bring home the trash each night..

When TN first got the lottery, lots of winning tickets ended up in the trash and eventually in my house.. My hubby and I had a time going through the trash..

We saved up one months tickets and spent the day going store to store cashing in the tickets.

Later that summer those ticket winnings carried us on vacation...Now those tickets pay for my pick 3 and pick 4 plays.. lol..  I dont want to ever spend a penny of my money playing lotto again.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

abingdon Va.
          United States
          Member #25498
          November 7, 2005
          3 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2006, 11:06 am - IP Logged

gibbs in va.
          ive found winning tickets in the trash also. ive found them in the parking lot
          at stores. 5s 10s at the most. along the interstate is the best stores to play trash can lotto. because pepole comeing through dont know the code. some stores dont like for you to do that so i will buy me a couple of dollar scratchers first so i dont give away what im up to. another way to cash in is to put up some of those dud tickets. what i mean is a few years they had the elvis game and the nascar game. those tickets are comeing back in to play people collect them . ive seen some for sale on ebay. i got one of lady luck i put up years ago its not been scratched yet. here in va millions of dollars go un claimed every year . good luck

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2006, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Just checked Trash from last night.. Found $25...  $20 on the Cold Orange Cash ticket alone..

Going to play for free this week at store..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44