Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

see lottery post member winning jackpot?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Uncle Jim.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

do you see a lottery post member winning a jackpot?

it can be pick 5,super lotto plus,mega millions,powerball,etc.

do you think it would change that person?

do you think they would still post?

do you think they would give credit if credit is due?

luckylottolady's avatar - character catafly.jpg

United States
    Member #6028
    August 2, 2004
    53 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2006, 5:01 am - IP Logged

yes,i think someone on here will it soon...   

i think they may change a little,but not much.. but it would depend on the person and what they were like before they won.... sometimes people get big headed and start thinking that thier better than everyone else..  sometimes it's the opposite....  i would hope that if i won ,i wouldn't change.

they may still post,but they may not tell that they won.. i think i would still post if i won.. but i may not tell people that i won....

if i won i would try to give credit on here,if i used someone's numbers ... or make a donation for them to a charity or something,since i don't know anyone's real name on here.. if i had to reveal i was a winner ,i would come here and post about winning... and say thank you to whoever helped me and try to mention them in the little announcement thingy and mention the site and all the great people on here...

United States
      Member #24503
      October 23, 2005
      159 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

will someone win? yes.

is it possible someone already has? yes.

will they tell anyone here if they did?

probably not.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2006, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

LOTTOMIK writes: 
        do you see a lottery post member winning a jackpot? .......pick 5,super lotto plus,mega millions,powerball,etc......do you think they would give credit if credit is due?

It would be foolish for anyone winning a lottery jackpot to give credit to any person other than themselves because there would probably be enough people trying to come up with an excuse to sue them for a potion of their winnings without any help. 

Now if they wanted to thank all the members of LP for their many ideas and suggestions, that might be alright and appreciated since that is what we LP members do for free.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #24008
          October 19, 2005
          38 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2006, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about the statistical likelihood that an LP member would win.  I mean the odds for megamillions is like 175,000,000:1 and the odds of a regular 6 number state lottery game is like 46,000,000:1 so with 30,000 members it's not likely that one of us would win.  However, it's always a possibility.

I agree, though, that liability issues would keep a winner for "crediting" anyone with a win.  Plus, I never play the predicted numbers on here, so if I gave LP a shout out, I don't think that would translate into giving credit.  I tend to think most of these games are pretty damn random and any predictions are no different than going to a psychic.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
            Albuquerque, New Mexico
            United States
            Member #5128
            June 18, 2004
            377 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

If I won, I would post occasionally, but I wouldn't reveal my identity because I'd be too busy traveling -- enjoying life. No one knows when his or her number is up -- so, if you're in the best of health, LIVE LIFE RICHLY. Remember, you have a chance, the dead do not!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2006, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I've seen fellow LP members posting "Great call fellow LP member, I played your picks and got a box hit for $49" but I doubt if I will ever see a post like "Great call fellow LP member, I played your picks and won the PB $25M jackpot-Thank you".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31355 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2006, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

I've seen fellow LP members posting "Great call fellow LP member, I played your picks and got a box hit for $49" but I doubt if I will ever see a post like "Great call fellow LP member, I played your picks and won the PB $25M jackpot-Thank you".

ROFL

love to nibble those micey feet.

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2006, 9:59 am - IP Logged

You probably won't see that post.  Nonethless despite the odds I do think someone here might eventually hit a jackpot.  There's a lot of bright people here.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx