Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Type of Lottery Personality are You?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Snakeyes.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What type of Lottery Player are You?

I have a budget/plan and stick to it [ 10 ]  [22.73%]
I have a budget/plan but don't stick to it [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
When I lose I have a plan [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
When I win I have a plan [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
I want a budget and plan [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
When I lose I take a break [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
When I win I take a break [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
I play Midday and Evening Draws [ 14 ]  [31.82%]
I record my wins and loses [ 4 ]  [9.09%]
I played that number yesterday or Midday [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4054 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

DanceWe would all like to dance to a congratulatory win, but for many of us it doesn't happen often enough.  I find myself getting in my own way, making the same stupid mistakes because I didn't follow out the way through or something. 

My vice is "I played that Yesterday or Midday"    Sometimes we can have the winning number but get in our own way of hitting.  It takes not only know how but confidence, planning, budgeting and a host of other human things.

takeemtothebank

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
    oklahoma
    United States
    Member #12313
    March 10, 2005
    165 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2006, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I go by what is called "the ruling days" which is the first 12 days of the year. How well you do on those days will forecast how the rest of the year will go!....and so far its been right on!!! The last 2 years I broke even or lost money...but this year I won something (any amount) 10 out of the 12 days..this includes scratchers,lotto,etc. A total of 175.00.....so the rest of year looks great!Cool

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Indiana
      United States
      Member #29196
      December 29, 2005
      280 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2006, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a great topic.  My only problem is I can't vote because I fit into a few of the catagories.

I have a lottery budget but I don't stick to it. 

When I loose (which is more often than I care to admit) I have a plan.

When I win (which hasn't happened yet) it remains to see if I stick to that plan.

I used to record my wins and losses but I got too depressed looking at the figures.

My biggest failure is that I stick to playing jackpot games with long odds and very little regular return.

"It takes not only know how but confidence, planning, budgeting, and a host of other human things."

Great Line!

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

takeitez's avatar - japheth
        Carters Lake, Ga.
        United States
        Member #5313
        June 29, 2004
        1065 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2006, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I record my wins in black and my losses in anger!White Bounce

ez

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4054 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2006, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a great topic.  My only problem is I can't vote because I fit into a few of the catagories.

I have a lottery budget but I don't stick to it. 

When I loose (which is more often than I care to admit) I have a plan.

When I win (which hasn't happened yet) it remains to see if I stick to that plan.

I used to record my wins and losses but I got too depressed looking at the figures.

My biggest failure is that I stick to playing jackpot games with long odds and very little regular return.

"It takes not only know how but confidence, planning, budgeting, and a host of other human things."

Great Line!

Jim 

Choose the one that fit you the best Uncle Jim.

takeemtothebank

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            5976 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2006, 7:13 am - IP Logged

I keep track of my wins and losses. I don't play every day.I look at every states draws and hope I pick the right one or 2 to play. I seem to hit more in midday than eve.

Carbob

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
              Nova Scotia
              Canada
              Member #9934
              December 27, 2004
              891 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2006, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I win small prizes and alot of misses and I hope that I have more success this year with number picking.

paurths's avatar - underground
                Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                Belgium
                Member #19287
                July 29, 2005
                2254 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2006, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I have a plan, and every day i remind myself to stick with it. I play some numbers and when clicking the submit button there's this "guy in my head", telling me that i must have forgotten that number in my workout.
                Before i know it i've doubled or tripled the amount of numbers i intended to play.
                The next day, when i wake up (it's still midnight in New York), i know i don't have to look at the results to have confirmation that a totally different number came out.

Those are the days that start with losses. And these are not such bad days, b/c then i'm reminded that, somewhere, underneath that pile of paper, filled with hundreds, thousands of numbers, there is a plan... LOL

Coastal Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #2653
                  October 30, 2003
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: January 16, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I have a plan: I got it from the Chinese Master also known as

Winonesoon.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    51178 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Remarkedly Winonesoon never Won the Lottery in all his many years of teaching:

The apple does not fall far from the tree, none of his many Students have Won the Lottery either.

Another little known fact: Winonesoon supplied the numbers included in Fortune Cookies.

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
                      Cleveland, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #11445
                      February 13, 2005
                      1303 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2006, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I have a plan, and every day i remind myself to stick with it. I play some numbers and when clicking the submit button there's this "guy in my head", telling me that i must have forgotten that number in my workout.
                      Before i know it i've doubled or tripled the amount of numbers i intended to play.
                      The next day, when i wake up (it's still midnight in New York), i know i don't have to look at the results to have confirmation that a totally different number came out.

Those are the days that start with losses. And these are not such bad days, b/c then i'm reminded that, somewhere, underneath that pile of paper, filled with hundreds, thousands of numbers, there is a plan... LOL

Respectfully speaking; I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! This happens to me with pick 4 constantly yet, it does not happen often with pick 3. However, I can play one number in P4 and before the draw, that one number has turned into 10. What happens after the draw? I am STILL one number off from a win.

My biggest problem is I consider and try almost every system or "trick" LP members share. I think having multiple options to predict somewhat overwhelms me. Granted, backtesting is the best method to prove out a system before implementing however, one system or twenty systems, I'm still one number off. Another problem is I do not play a group of numbers for multiple days (back checking has proved no winners anyway). So, I guess my plan is to workup numbers daily and play those numbers knowing I am one number off in my picks, but hoping I got them all this time. More often than not, and like Paurth, that hope turns into additional bets.

Lastly, I fail to recognize gut instinct. First intuition is usually right. However, knowing it's intuition speaking and not a second thought is the difficulty. How many others write 20 numbers on a piece of paper, play only 5 of them, only to see the winning number in their list? Better yet, how many others spend countless hours working numbers, gathering a list of potential hits, then completely changing their numbers at the last minute? I've benefited and lost greatly because of intuition.

Yes, I have a plan! I just don't know what it is but, it better start producing 4 of 4 in P4 soon!

Snakeyes