Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

4 out of 5...SOO CLOSE!!

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 11 years ago by calabs.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2006, 11:49 am - IP Logged

congrats calabs, Take a picture of that baby and upload it for all to see. Thumbs Up

Cool idea Fast Eddie.  Once I have the photo, how do I upload it to Lottery Post?  I've never done that before (here).

Thanks all for your well wishes and congrats.  Still on my "cloud" this morning.  Jersey Cash 5 is up to almost $500K today.....................feeling lucky????

I think you need a scanner to do that.

pacattack05 - Couldn't I just take a digital photo and download it to my computer.  Then I can attach it in whatever format that's needed to get it on Lottery Post (jpeg, etc.)?

BTW - Nice photo of J. Page with his double neck!

Yes I forgot you can do that. I'm a little technologically impaired.

Will you buy one of those double necks for me please, when you hit the JP?...LOL

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2006, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win!

How many combinations from the wheel did you play?

The wheel was a 3if4, wheeling 16 numbers, and 37 lines.  I played all 37 lines.  I was fortunate to hit the max. 4 of 5 capable of this wheel (according to Gail). 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, calabs. 37 tickets is a very reasonable number of combinations to play - perhaps not every day, but certainly when you've got a good feeling about which numbers to select.

The Lottery Post Pick 5 Wheels page has an Abbreviated 3 if 4 of 16 wheel that generates 32 tickets and an Abbreviated 3 if 4 of 17 wheel that generates 40 tickets. I wonder if those wheels would have generated the same combinations. How did you decide on which 16 numbers to wheel?

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2006, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

calabs said:

"pacattack05 - Couldn't I just take a digital photo and download it to my computer. Then I can attach it in whatever format that's needed to get it on Lottery Post (jpeg, etc.)?"

Yes, you could take a digital photo and download it to your computer, but you'll need a web site like photobucket.com or tinypic.com to host your picture.

One of the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership is that you can upload images directly from your computer to Lottery Post. See the "Image Uploads" section of the Lottery Post Premium Memberships - Feature Comparison page.

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
        Member #27050
        November 26, 2005
        40272 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2006, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win!

How many combinations from the wheel did you play?

The wheel was a 3if4, wheeling 16 numbers, and 37 lines.  I played all 37 lines.  I was fortunate to hit the max. 4 of 5 capable of this wheel (according to Gail). 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, calabs. 37 tickets is a very reasonable number of combinations to play - perhaps not every day, but certainly when you've got a good feeling about which numbers to select.

The Lottery Post Pick 5 Wheels page has an Abbreviated 3 if 4 of 16 wheel that generates 32 tickets and an Abbreviated 3 if 4 of 17 wheel that generates 40 tickets. I wonder if those wheels would have generated the same combinations. How did you decide on which 16 numbers to wheel?

That's a good question.  I have LottoPro 2005, and when I wheel the same numbers I get different results.  I've found that Gail's balanced wheels give a nice distribution of each of the numbers selected.  Just my experience.  Your mileage may vary.  I used the info generated from LottoPro, and a lot of the info I learned from Gail's book to pick my own numbers.  LottoPro is HORRIBLE at picking the right numbers.  I'd say there's a little luck involved in this as well (OK, maybe a LOT of luck).  Depending on where you place the number in the wheel will determine the cominations.  That's one thing I like about Gail's wheels.  You can put the numbers anywhere in the wheel, so what you think are your strongest numbers, you put in the wheel where that number occurs most frequently.

Hope this helps.See Ya!

United States
          Member #27050
          November 26, 2005
          40272 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2006, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

congrats calabs, Take a picture of that baby and upload it for all to see. Thumbs Up

Cool idea Fast Eddie.  Once I have the photo, how do I upload it to Lottery Post?  I've never done that before (here).

Thanks all for your well wishes and congrats.  Still on my "cloud" this morning.  Jersey Cash 5 is up to almost $500K today.....................feeling lucky????

I think you need a scanner to do that.

pacattack05 - Couldn't I just take a digital photo and download it to my computer.  Then I can attach it in whatever format that's needed to get it on Lottery Post (jpeg, etc.)?

BTW - Nice photo of J. Page with his double neck!

Yes I forgot you can do that. I'm a little technologically impaired.

Will you buy one of those double necks for me please, when you hit the JP?...LOL

packattack05 - Well, I think I would get one for myself first!  That and a few others (perhaps a new Les Paul).  Wink

United States
            Member #27050
            November 26, 2005
            40272 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2006, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

calabs said:

"pacattack05 - Couldn't I just take a digital photo and download it to my computer. Then I can attach it in whatever format that's needed to get it on Lottery Post (jpeg, etc.)?"

Yes, you could take a digital photo and download it to your computer, but you'll need a web site like photobucket.com or tinypic.com to host your picture.

One of the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership is that you can upload images directly from your computer to Lottery Post. See the "Image Uploads" section of the Lottery Post Premium Memberships - Feature Comparison page.

Thanks MrBobb - Good to know.  Unfortunately I don't have a Premium Membership to Lottery Post.  So I guess I can't upload images any other way?  If not, I'll probably just cash in the tickets tonight.  I still need to make photo copies for security reasons (and posterity).!!!

Alabama
              United States
              Member #17830
              June 27, 2005
              309 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2006, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

calabs said:

"Unfortunately I don't have a Premium Membership to Lottery Post."

Why not give it a try? It's only $7.95 a month for a Platinum Membership ($5.96 per month if you sign up for a year). Lots of folks, including myself, have found the small cost of a Premium Membership to be a good investment.

You could test the Lottery Post Abbreviated Wheels, and have access to the image manager and a host of other great tools. And you'd be helping to support the premier lottery web site on the 'net!

( ok... /advertising mode off!!   Big Grin  )

honey bee's avatar - animaniacs40
                VA.
                United States
                Member #2362
                September 21, 2003
                3020 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2006, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                  Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

You are on a roll!  Too bad that 5th number wasn't in the same ticket!

I had it happen last year when I matched 4 of 5 on one ticket, and the missing number was on the next line.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                    Member #119
                    February 19, 2002
                    527 Posts
                    Posted: January 18, 2006, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations, Calabs!  You obviously know something about number selection STRATEGY, something that Gail covers in her book, Lottery Master Guide.  A wheel is only as good as the numbers you put in it, as I have been saying here for some time.  Perhaps you could share with us how you chose your numbers-- was it based on patterns Gail describes in her book?  Thanks in advance.

United States
                      Member #27050
                      November 26, 2005
                      40272 Posts
                      Posted: January 18, 2006, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations, Calabs!  You obviously know something about number selection STRATEGY, something that Gail covers in her book, Lottery Master Guide.  A wheel is only as good as the numbers you put in it, as I have been saying here for some time.  Perhaps you could share with us how you chose your numbers-- was it based on patterns Gail describes in her book?  Thanks in advance.

Thank you Greg - Gail has helped with my numbers choosing  .  Things like trying to keep the range of number count within my 5/40 game.  Also using skip count and percentages of numbers that either repeat or are one up or down from previous draws.  I should really analyze my numbers more frequently, but don't.  I have about 5 wheels that I use, and when the analysis (and a certain amount of gut feeling!) shows that one of the wheels has promise, I play that wheel.  As I had mentioned, I recently purchased Gail's software, but haven't had a chance to take it for a test drive.  Just loaded it today.  I was surprised to see it was MS-DOS based.  It's been a while since I've worked with this type of software, but I guess it's like riding a bike after a while.  I played around with the Wheel 5 software.  There's a lot of flexibility built into this program so if you choose your numbers correctly, you can really place the numbers in their proper "slot" to get its appropriate play.  I also use LottoPro 2005 to analyze the numbers as well, but never use the software's smart numbers (they are almost always wrong.)

Hope this helps.  Guitar

Good luck!

Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #17830
                        June 27, 2005
                        309 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2006, 12:30 am - IP Logged

calabs said:

"I've found that Gail's balanced wheels give a nice distribution of each of the numbers selected...  Depending on where you place the number in the wheel will determine the cominations. That's one thing I like about Gail's wheels. You can put the numbers anywhere in the wheel, so what you think are your strongest numbers, you put in the wheel where that number occurs most frequently."

The Lottery Post Wheels work exactly the same way.  You get a nice distribution of each of the numbers selected, and you can place the numbers anywhere in the wheel.

I ran the LP Pick 5 Abbreviated 3 if 4 of 16 wheel and entered the numbers

8, 9, 1, 3, 5, 12, 11, 10, 21, 23, 26, 18, 7, 29, 33, 37

in the order shown (the numbers are simply random numbers I selected - there was no analysis done).  The wheel generated 32 tickets with the following statistics:

Number(s) Occurrences
                        9, 10, 26, 29 9
                        8, 12, 11, 21, 23, 18, 7, 33, 37 10
                        1, 3 11
                        5 12

Since the wheel is a Premium Membership feature, I can't post the combinations the wheel generated, but they are well balanced.

United States
                          Member #27050
                          November 26, 2005
                          40272 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2006, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Thanks MrBobb - That is a very well balanced wheel.  As a comparison, Howard's wheel goes like this:

3if4;  16 numbers wheeled.

4 numbers:  14 times

3 numbers:  10 times

9 numbers:  11 times

Total 37 lines.

Fortuna's avatar - Photomanipulation icon.png

United States
                            Member #27654
                            December 4, 2005
                            100 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2006, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I want to comment on Lotto Pro 2005.  I use it to predict the winners in the Louisiana 6/40 state lottery.  If I let the system generate smart tickets using a 28-number wheel very frequently 4, 5 or 6 numbers in the set are correct. 

With some thinkering I have been able to select 18 or 14 of the 28 numbers.  Sometimes 4 or 5 of the selected numbers are correct.  There are some 5if6 wheels in Lotto Pro that produce good winnings.  Unfortunately they are too expensive to use.

United States
                              Member #27050
                              November 26, 2005
                              40272 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I want to comment on Lotto Pro 2005.  I use it to predict the winners in the Louisiana 6/40 state lottery.  If I let the system generate smart tickets using a 28-number wheel very frequently 4, 5 or 6 numbers in the set are correct. 

With some thinkering I have been able to select 18 or 14 of the 28 numbers.  Sometimes 4 or 5 of the selected numbers are correct.  There are some 5if6 wheels in Lotto Pro that produce good winnings.  Unfortunately they are too expensive to use.

Thanks Fortuna - I have not used LottoPro for Pick 6 in NJ.  However, keep in mind that in your game (6/40), wheeling 28 numbers is 70% of the total balls.  I'm not surprised that most programs could predict out of that high percentage.  As I said, I like a lot of the features in LottoPro for evaluating the numbers, but have had little success in having it pick numbers for me.

BTW - I was playing around with the numbers I picked when I won the 4 of 5 games.  I plugged the numbers into a 4if4 wheel, and lo and behold, all five numbers came up on one ticket.  Now that would have been $280K!  But to play that wheel would have cost me something like $460!