Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LS1.8 Appearance

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by popeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #2352
September 19, 2003
42 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2006, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Jan is now half over and there is no LS 1.8. Emails do not get answered.

Let's try this theory:

Ver 1.8 has been completed for some time.

Marco is doing very good with it on the Belgium lotto.

Knowing that the Lottery people peruse all the various groups and keep an eye on what may be working, he is loath to put it out there. If users start winning with it, the Lotto people are sure to notice and will take any steps to prevent it. This would include doubling the cost of the ticket as they did in Canada or adding to the ballset as they did in the states.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2006, 5:07 am - IP Logged

It is possible, yes, other-wise it just could not be made better.

I think that it just could not be made any better than it already is.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2006, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

If Marco can't make it better maybe he will make it cheaper as lottoarchitect did will his software http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/125593 when he made it freeware/donationware.  Give it away free to LP members and they will contribute back to the programmer as they start winning.  That's a marketing concept that's really outside the box and it will be interesting to see how it works as business model. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
        Member #2815
        November 18, 2003
        502 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

If Marco can't make it better maybe he will make it cheaper as lottoarchitect did will his software http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/125593 when he made it freeware/donationware.  Give it away free to LP members and they will contribute back to the programmer as they start winning.  That's a marketing concept that's really outside the box and it will be interesting to see how it works as business model. 

Actually, the reason I moved to freeware/donaware has nothing to do with further development of the program RJOh. The program has lots of new features to be added and currently being developed for the future releases, neither v2.2 was the last one to be out. What makes the difference is that if people do support this effort, new releases will come out sooner hopefully.

cheers

lottoarchitect 

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3103 Posts
          Posted: January 21, 2006, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I think one of the best marketing methods for software is to give away free older versions while adding desired featured to the newest.  This way you already have experienced users familiar with the product hungry for more and it works provided the price is right.  BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2006, 3:06 am - IP Logged

Bob is 100% right.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2006, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Microsoft did that with Explorer and now Mozilla has done it with Firefox.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Fergus
                Canada
                Member #5532
                July 9, 2004
                87 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2006, 10:10 am - IP Logged

As a purchaser of the LS.  I to am waiting for 1.8 to come out for some time.  I have to agree with Lantern that Marco simply cannot make it perform any better than what it is.  Personally, I want 1.8 for it's Keno ability.  I to as a purchaser have sent many emails over the last 2 years to Marco. It is very rare that he responds to his customers.  i beleive he needs to improve on his customer service.  Sure Marco has popped up on LP here over the last 2 years to tantalize us with assurances that LS1.8 is still being worked on.  I just cannot understand why he simply cannot send out a mass email to all his customers on a monthly basis to keep us informed on how LS1.8 is coming along.  It's really too bad.  I put a lot of faith into lottosync but support has been very lacking. Only Marco knows what he will do.  I like to think that he is a trustworthy business man but the lack of contact and support makes it difficult.

Just my daily thoughts

Raziel

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                  Member #3002
                  December 11, 2003
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:04 am - IP Logged

You hit the nail right on the head - "he's a business man" that should tell us everything.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.

Canada
                    Member #2352
                    September 19, 2003
                    42 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2006, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Remember that P2P system Marco tried to set up in 2003? I think he needed 60 people and I'm sure the count was up to that. Wonder  why it didn't go???

Canada
                      Member #2859
                      November 23, 2003
                      463 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2006, 3:39 am - IP Logged

well Marco hasn't written here to say either way if he's stopped with 1.8 and still working on it and i guess we all want some kinda progress report. That would be nice! Oh well, maybe before spring -)Big Grin

Canada
                        Member #2352
                        September 19, 2003
                        42 Posts
                        Posted: January 25, 2006, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Yes.

It's the loss of contact that is the irritating thing. No reply to Emails, no posts.

If he would just come up and say that there will be no  more LS versions then that would be that. Or, at least indicate that it is still a work in hand and describe some of the problems he has encountered.

I could live with that.