Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you could play any state lottery......

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2006, 7:47 am - IP Logged

if you could play in any state lottery other than your own which one would you play in?

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2006, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Well, since I live in Alabama, the only option I have is to play other states lotteries!

I would choose Florida. I really like their mix of games and my favorite FL Lottery game is Fantasy 5. With a 5/36 matrix, the odds are better than GA Fantasy 5 or TN Lotto 5 (although I enjoy those games and play them more often than FL F5 since it's much closer to drive to the GA and TN state lines).

I also like Florida's Mega Money game, and I do play a little FL Lotto as well.

However, it's almost 4 hours to the Florida state line from where I live, so I don't get to play their lottery very often.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
      Member #30538
      January 18, 2006
      14 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I live in MD and visit WV about once per week. They have a Cash25 which is a pick 5 game that I kinda like. It runs mon, tues, thurs and fri. I visit WV on sundays so I usually buy for monday. I would play a lot more if I could get the tickets (probably just as well that I can't!!)

Doodess

Australia
        Member #17096
        June 11, 2005
        225 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 5:57 am - IP Logged

I play the Massachusetts and New York lotteries, both by subscription. I would play others but for state address requirements. I still have a New York address and Massachusetts doesn't have any state address requirements, you can play from anywhere.

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
          Member #17834
          June 28, 2005
          2083 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2006, 6:00 am - IP Logged

I'm in CT. So I have played NY,NJ,MA,RI,TRI-State

and during the summer I usually go down to Maryland for Fireworks and play there and DE.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I play the Massachusetts and New York lotteries, both by subscription. I would play others but for state address requirements. I still have a New York address and Massachusetts doesn't have any state address requirements, you can play from anywhere.

NY Lotto has the worst payout of any US lottery game. MA Megabucks _does_not_ pay in lump sum.

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2006, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

I live in California. I usually play MM when it reaches $300 million unless lawsuit shuts down the game in CA. I also play CA SLP when it reaches at $48 million because the highest WB in CA SLP is 47 because sales are falling in CA SLP because they also have MM in their game industry. I also like CA especially because of their weather in the Bay Area being not too hot and not too cold.