Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maryland Lotto Shafts Subscribers

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mrmst's avatar - disney14
Glen Burnie, MD
United States
Member #427
June 27, 2002
208 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2006, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I have held a subscription for several sets of numbers with the Maryland Lotto game for several years.  Recently, after renewing my subscription, I received information that the Maryland Classic Lotto game is ending and will be replaced with Multi-Match.  Unused subscription dates would be refunded.  Ok, that's fair.  What they didn't say in the letter to subscribers, but I found out from their website is that the Mult-Match game will start on February 4th, 2006, BUT all Lotto subscriptions will end with the January 25th drawing.  What this means is that loyal lotto subscribers will miss out on the January 28th and February 1st drawings. 

Here is the the information from their website:

Q:  When is the last Lotto drawing?
A:  February 1, 2006.

Q:  What is the last date of my Lotto subscription?

A:  Lotto subscriptions will end on January 25, 2006.

Here is the text of emails I sent and received about this and another question:

I currently have 2 Lotto subscriptions.

I read on the Maryland Lottery Website that the last Lotto drawing will be February 1st, but our Lotto subscriptions will end on January 25th.  Why are us loyal players having our existing subscriptions ended early and leaving us out of the last 2 drawings?

Also, if the Lotto jackpot is not won on the final drawing on February 1st, what will happen to the money?  Will it roll down to the other prize levels, or rolled into the new game, or just not be paid out?

Whatever is left on your Lotto subscription will be refunded to you. As far as the jackpot, it will roll over to the new game and be the first jackpot for it.

Thanks for your e-mail.

Thanks for the info about the jackpot, but you didn’t answer the first question – If the last lotto drawing is Feburary 1st, why are all subscriptions being ended on January 25th?  Don’t we loyal players get to play the last 2 drawings with our subscription numbers?

Subscriptions have to end on that date because of the new game. In order to make a smooth transition, the Lotto subscriptions must end a couple of weeks before the first draw of Multi-Match.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

United States
    Member #986
    January 5, 2003
    280 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2006, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

And the new game is just great, you pick 6 they give you 2 more lines with 6 which makes 18  BUT you could get 5 or 6 of the same you picked in the other two lines.  Now your left with 12 numbers not 18.  What a total joke this game is, and oh you pay $2.00 for a ticket which before you got two lines for $1.00.  If you get 10 of those 12 numbers you have left, you get a big $2000.00 whooopee.  Wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole.  The cons are too numerous to sit here and type about.  They should tell people that the other 12 numbers they give you could be the same as the six you already picked yourself.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2006, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

In almost three years of getting the winners list from Illinois Little Lotto I have only seen two subscription winners. And on both of those hits, the split was more than three ways.

Almost as if by submitting your ticket they're programming those numbers no to hit. sounds paranoid, I know, but........ 

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8363 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2006, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

mrmst your lucky you even got a chance to use your subscription in 2006 they should have stopped on the last drawing of the year in 05.

maryland you mean you'd rather play a game where hardly anyone ever wins any money over a game where more people might win more than they ever did before.

United States
          Member #30538
          January 18, 2006
          14 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2006, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Wow! I didn't know that. I'm a Marylander and sometimes play the MD lotto (someone won my early retirement yesterday Mad) But I can't say I'm too sorry to see it go. The jackpot is always low and it doesn't have great runner up prizes.

Sorry bout the shafting, mrmst, that musta been painful!

Doodess

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4529 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2006, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Being that I play the MD Lotto and its been recently hit, consider it a blessing in disguise that you are being given a refund. That is more then I get FOR playing and losing each week. I personally look forward to the new game- its more in tune with the Match6 here in PA. Better chance of *some* type of payback.

I really do wish that someone from MD hits the Megaball. That state surely deserves it!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

md
              United States
              Member #14047
              April 20, 2005
              579 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2006, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

TheGameGirl-

That someone would be me!  Happy New Year to you!  I haven't seen you post in a while.  I haven't been here much either.  Won $30 & $14 in Powerball this week!

United States
                Member #30538
                January 18, 2006
                14 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2006, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for the good luck wishes TheGameGirl! I don't usually play the megamillion, but I agree! And hope it is a MDer from Lottery Post.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4529 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2006, 7:38 am - IP Logged

DelS- Congrats on your winnings! And a Happy Belated New Year to you as well! Will you be playing the new game due out in Feb?

Doodess- Your welcome ! I see that your new to the board so a gracious welcome on board! Wouldnt it be grand to see a MD'r win the Mega? Ohh the delight of a small state that is constantly pouring money into the game yet rarely gets the recognition of a jackpot winner!

Since the topic was about the subscription service -reckon its a hit for those long time players. Saves time and reminds folks to play consistently.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.