Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Spreadsheet specifications- any ideas?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by lottaloot.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
Redford/MI
United States
Member #3396
January 18, 2004
4867 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2006, 3:49 am - IP Logged

I would like to have a spreadsheet that

1.  will allow me to see when the last time a combination fell (an input box that will allow me to type in what I'm looking for)

2.  will show me what numbers tend to fall with that combination.

3.  will allow me to see how many times a combination has been pulled in both separate & combined games. 

4.  will set the digits up from most out to last drawn.

Having said that, is there anyone that can direct me in the way to go so that I can have my spreadsheet set up "my way"? 

Is there a certain way that I need to set the data up in order for me to easily retrieve the information that I seek?

Any help, books, forums, macros, vba code or examples would be extremely helpful.

Direction is what I need.  Maybe we can work here on the forum as a group in order to create this sheet (if anyone else is seeking such a sheet)

Thanks to anyone that replies. 

L ttaL   T

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
    Member #17834
    June 28, 2005
    2083 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2006, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Hi lottaloot,

My spreedsheet can do # 1,3,4

1.  will allow me to see when the last time a combination fell (an input box that will allow me to type in what I'm looking for.

The find command is a easy way to do this. I don't know who posted it but, I remember reading on a post about a formula that  you can put in excel and just run the macro and a input box will show up...

3.  will allow me to see how many times a combination has been pulled in both separate & combined games. 

I have this already.

4.  will set the digits up from most out to last drawn.

I have something similiar in my sheet...

2.  will show me what numbers tend to fall with that combination.

#2 I would love to be able to do...haven't figured this one out yet..but, have thought about it.

I will be more then willing to help out.

PP

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5901 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2006, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Lottaloot,

It's time to move up in our thinking. Go to the link below and download Visual Basic Express, it's free. After downloading, register and you can download the Absolute Beginners Visual Basic Videos and Projects. I just started watching the videos, very informative. It takes you from step one, all the way thru a project. You can only do so much with Excel. You can only have approximately 63,000 lines. Four years of allstates combined draws will fill that up.

Carbob          http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/download/

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
        Redford/MI
        United States
        Member #3396
        January 18, 2004
        4867 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Thanks Carbob.

L ttaL   T